shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond opinions ? Experts pls help

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
As you can see, there is very little color difference between the F and G face up; I am hard pressed to even see it. I am not a fan of black inclusions because I am the kind of person that would constantly look for them - just because I know they are there. I am probably not normal in that respect; I always say I can see the flaw before the beauty!
The red spec could be the inclusion - you would need to ask about that. For me, it would be the G but that is just me. If the F color is that important to you and the inclusions are not apparent to you, that might be your preference.
What are your thoughts?

Well now that I saw the red dot on the other f then I think it’s the g also.

Which I’m good with as the other two sides are G’s.

I’m with u, If there is anything visible to the eye - inclusions- I will only see that and will have buyers remorse

She commented on the g though but said only can see with magnifier. ?

Last edited:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Is there a blue light mark of the g too ?
IMG_5332.jpeg

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I’m wondering If I should try and Increase my budget somehow
I’m surprised these 3 all have Inclusions that I can see ? :(
If I went up to 11k would I be able to find better?
June is a 5 week month so I’ll have an extra paycheck to work with. Lol

I’m just surprised these 3 have inclusions u can see. Are my expectations un- reasonable?
Do all stones have visible things u can see?

All I know is my warm k and there’s nothing to see in it minus its warmth. Haha

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now that I saw the red dot on the other f then I think it’s the g also.

Which I’m good with as the other two sides are G’s.

I’m with u, If there is anything visible to the eye - inclusions- I will only see that and will have buyers remorse

She commented on the g though but said only can see with magnifier. ?

Well, all diamonds have inclusions of course - just depends on where they are and how visible they are. I just can’t spend money on something that I know I will constantly scrutinize for the flaw that I know is there. That is a waste of money to me if I am buying something to torture myself with - lol! I am picky and it is more of a curse than a blessing. I think most folks put a beautiful diamond on and just enjoy it - that’s normal! I have learned to accept it after all these years though. Knowing your preferences and limitations is key.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see inclusions on any of them. I think you're seeing reflections of light/camera, but ask them for sure

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Well, all diamonds have inclusions of course - just depends on where they are and how visible they are. I just can’t spend money on something that I know I will constantly scrutinize for the flaw that I know is there. That is a waste of money to me if I am buying something to torture myself with - lol! I am picky and it is more of a curse than a blessing. I think most folks put a beautiful diamond on and just enjoy it - that’s normal! I have learned to accept it after all these years though. Knowing your preferences and limitations is key.

I’m exactly the same as u. If I buy one of these and can see the inclusions I will regret it and want my ugly k back. Haha

Now what? I’ll ask them

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I don't see inclusions on any of them. I think you're seeing reflections of light/camera, but ask them for sure

I’ll ask them! I hope that’s all it is!!!!
Oh man. That would be wonderful!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll ask them! I hope that’s all it is!!!!
Oh man. That would be wonderful!!!

I would think that the one that Becca said she could only see with magnification would be ok. She is pretty honest about her assessments.

Last edited:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I would think that the one that Becca said she could only be seen with magnification would be ok. She is pretty honest about her assessments.

Well…. She said
This.

So does that mean both are eye clean?
I gotta call her tomorrow
Again if both eye clean then I’m stumped on the two

The 1.087ct F has a tiny dark crystal under the crown facets as well, more towards the girdle area that I wasn't able to see without magnification. Very tiny.

The 1.100ct G has lighter colored inclusions that I needed a loupe to view.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
The red “dot” on the F diamond you pointed out is almost certainly a light reflection. You can see a red dot on the edge of the G too.

WF can confirm.

I would suggest picking a diamond, having it shipped LOOSE to you… you make sure you love it… then get it put in setting. That way, worst case, you lose out on shipping costs

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well…. She said
This.

So does that mean both are eye clean?
I gotta call her tomorrow
Again if both eye clean then I’m stumped on the two

Not sure what the difference is between magnification and a loupe. Loupe is usually 10x magnification so not sure what the difference is there. Black inclusions easier to see of course. When she says the other has lighter inclusion, what exactly does that mean? White, feather, cloud? Just ask her to explain.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inclusions are plotted and clarity grade given based on number and location. Eye clean doesn’t really enter into grading. VS2 stones are generally ‘cleaner’ than SI1 but both can have visible inclusions. There recently was a diamond there with a VVS2 clarity grade but yet had a small black inclusions near the girdle. Probably not visible in normal viewing circumstance but still there. You will not get an inclusion free diamond but you aim for an eye clean diamond. Everyone has different criteria for that too. You could move up to VS1 clarity but still have a dark inclusion. In a round brilliant diamond, most inclusions blend into the facets making them not readily visible. Your K most probably has inclusions but they may not be visible without magnification. The ones in the VS2 stones probably are not readily visible either. Just ask her about the colors of them - black or white.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Between the two F's, they have almost identical stats on paper -- So theoretically you can't go wrong picking between them and IMO nobody will be able to tell the difference.

I would, PERSONALLY, pick the 1.1ct for the following reasons:
1) It's 0.02mm bigger so WHY NOT
2) It has an EVEN smaller table size at 54.9 vs 55.2, so WHY NOT
3) Crown height is at 15.5% vs 15.4%, so WHY NOT
4) Sarine report shows the girdle goes from 1.4% to 3.7% versus the other at 1.2% to 3.5%... So theoretically at 1.4% thinnest it has less of a chipping risk than the one at 1.2%... Not that either one is high risk.

hi there sorry just saw this. unfortunately wf said they can see inclusions on the 1.1 F ct (with their eye) so i ruled that one out.
They also said there are some darker ones on the 1.087 f as well.
Can't see those with the eye but they are there.
So this is where i am stuck as she did say both the 1.087F and the 1.1 G are eye clean.
They said out of the 3, the 1.1 G would be their pick so i am leaning a bit towards that one. i think.......... LOL

I am going to send the images to fiance to see if he has any thoughts. Unfortunately he and i are not experts so that is why im leaning on you all and wf to help me pick.

They said i could order the g and they can send it to me when they send me my band the week of May 22nd, so, i may just do that.

still mulling it over.......

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi there sorry just saw this. unfortunately wf said they can see inclusions on the 1.1 F ct (with their eye) so i ruled that one out.
They also said there are some darker ones on the 1.087 f as well.
Can't see those with the eye but they are there.
So this is where i am stuck as she did say both the 1.087F and the 1.1 G are eye clean.
They said out of the 3, the 1.1 G would be their pick so i am leaning a bit towards that one. i think.......... LOL

I am going to send the images to fiance to see if he has any thoughts. Unfortunately he and i are not experts so that is why im leaning on you all and wf to help me pick.

They said i could order the g and they can send it to me when they send me my band the week of May 22nd, so, i may just do that.

still mulling it over.......

That sounds like a plan. You could then compare size and color with your K.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
For the fire factor, I'd probably choose this brain melter right here...no concern with clarity, icy white F color, just look at that tiny table width, tall puffy crown height, and all that fire!

If you want to go completely colorless, then this one would be a great choice, in my opinion... semantically, it's a 1ct.

If you're as wowed by either as I am, then put it/them on hold ASAP so someone else doesn't snipe it/them away from you.

HI there
i know i keep asking EVERYONE's opinions but i am clearly very torn on which stone to get. I apologize for all the repeat questions.
Some say, its my decision but i dont trust myself and my knowledge to make the best decision on this. LMAO

I am stuck on the G1.1 and the f1.087. Your description above makes me think i should get the F. But then i change my thoughts and think i should get the G.

Am i just splitting hairs at this point? My fiance said they all look the same to him and whatever i like. lol So he is NO HELP!
Is one a better performer then the other based on the numbers?
I CAN NOT tell them apart from the video she sent me.

I know you sent me both dejawiz. Based on the WF comments which would you pick?

The 1.087ct F has a tiny dark crystal under the crown facets as well, more towards the girdle area that I wasn't able to see without magnification. Very tiny.

G is a spec larger dimensions but i can't see it, F is lighter but i can't see it.

Help! I feel whatever stone i order to "look at", i will love as i can not see them side by side, so i mine as well just pick one and be done with it. lol

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI there
i know i keep asking EVERYONE's opinions but i am clearly very torn on which stone to get. I apologize for all the repeat questions.
Some say, its my decision but i dont trust myself and my knowledge to make the best decision on this. LMAO

I am stuck on the G1.1 and the f1.087. Your description above makes me think i should get the F. But then i change my thoughts and think i should get the G.

Am i just splitting hairs at this point? My fiance said they all look the same to him and whatever i like. lol So he is NO HELP!

G is a spec larger dimensions but i can't see it, F is lighter but i can't see it.

Help! I feel whatever stone i order to "look at", i will love as i can not see them side by side, so i mine as well just pick one and be done with it. lol

They're both awesome, so you really can't go wrong. But if it were me, I would eke out the tiny bit of extra crown height and go with the G.

rosepetals

Rough_Rock
Im hoping my post might help with perspective. You are analyzing something that you most likely will not be able to see in person. I have a 1.3 H SI1 ACA that on the zoomed in picture on WF website shows a big black inclusion in the table. I was worried about the inclusion when I bought it but my SA said that she had to look for it to find it. So I thought “hey, I’ll try it and worse case I send it back”. Once I got my ring I had to look, tilt the ring and then squint one eye to see the inclusion about 6 inches away from my face. Now under a loop, sure easy to spot but in real life no way. All I see is sparkle. Remember, the pictures and video are super magnified. It’s very different in real life. IMG_4359.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4273.jpeg
    IMG_4273.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 16

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
HI there

The F VS2 is what I would choose between the two - puts it in the actual "colorless" range and has a slightly less price per carat ($9031 vs $9058 ). Eye-clean with no transparency issues are what my points of contentment are.

However, if the clarity is going to be gnawing at your mind (mind-clean can be more important than eye-clean to many folks, especially with such an expensive purchase), then you should go with the G VS2.

There's always that bigger and higher clarity 1.258 I VS1 that I urge you to ask for a comparison video with the F and G that you've narrowed it down to...nothing to lose from looking and kicking some tires. :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're splitting hairs at this point and likely driving yourself crazy over differences that won't be visible to your eyes if you were to see both IRL.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
The F VS2 is what I would choose between the two - puts it in the actual "colorless" range and has a slightly less price per carat ($9031 vs $9058 ). Eye-clean with no transparency issues are what my points of contentment are.

However, if the clarity is going to be gnawing at your mind (mind-clean can be more important than eye-clean to many folks, especially with such an expensive purchase), then you should go with the G VS2.

There's always that bigger and higher clarity 1.258 I VS1 that I urge you to ask for a comparison video with the F and G that you've narrowed it down to...nothing to lose from looking and kicking some tires. :)

Thank you. Thank you! I asked Becca for another video to see the two side by side

As long as I can’t “see” the inclusion then I don’t care. But if it’s visible to the eye my eye will find it haha.

The other thing is size, if the f, literally looks the exact same size as the g, then I’ll get the f. If the g appears a tiny bit bigger then I’ll get g. So far I can’t see any differences but I’d like to be sure.

I can’t get the I because, for this purchase, I am sticking with my 3 stone. Although I love your thoughts and believe me I will get there soon !!!

When I turn the big 50, I will search for an upgraded larger stone, and at that point I’ll have no choice but to swap out the setting. Which for that big birthday feels like a great plan :)

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I think you're splitting hairs at this point and likely driving yourself crazy over differences that won't be visible to your eyes if you were to see both IRL.

Thank you. And I agree. I’m gonna decide by the am.

Maybe I’ll stick both in a hat and just pick. Lol

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Anyone care to guess which is which??? Hahaha. 1.1G and 1.087 F…….

I’m going to order in the am but was curious if all you experts would care to take a gander at which is which -

:)

You guys are the best, thank you so much for being on this ride and not getting frustrated with me!

This side by side I did with my ring had helped me decide!!! I’m getting the bottom one. Do u know which it is?

IMG_5365.png

Attachments

• IMG_5367.jpeg
    IMG_5367.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
G on top, F on bottom? Both are beautiful!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G on top, F on bottom. Can tell from the size! I do think you are splitting hairs at this point. In your mind’s eye, try to picture a shade better color vs. an inclusion that you might be able to see. Think about if for awhile. Which would you value? Color or inclusion? Do you think the color would make you happier than the clarity? For some it is an easy call - for others it takes some thought. We can all tell you what we would choose but can’t take the responsibility for what you will end up wearing every day. Try not to think about it in terms of right or wrong as it really doesn’t fit into those parameters. It is just a choice - not wrong choice. After all the hubbub and excitement is over, which of the two do you think you’d be more pleased to see on your hand? Also, if you think that you will most likely upgrade sometime in the future, then you don’t have to think of this as your forever stone. People have also bought diamonds that they weren’t over the moon with and traded them for something else. That is what makes the WF policy so great as you don’t ever have to be ‘stuck’ like you feel right now with the K. Sleep on it - your choice may become clearer to you tomorrow!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Anyone care to guess which is which??? Hahaha. 1.1G and 1.087 F…….

I’m going to order in the am but was curious if all you experts would care to take a gander at which is which -

:)

You guys are the best, thank you so much for being on this ride and not getting frustrated with me!

This side by side I did with my ring had helped me decide!!! I’m getting the bottom one. Do u know which it is?

IMG_5365.png

F VS2 bottom?
Looks like a touch more hue in the top diamond.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
G on top, F on bottom. Can tell from the size! I do think you are splitting hairs at this point. In your mind’s eye, try to picture a shade better color vs. an inclusion that you might be able to see. Think about if for awhile. Which would you value? Color or inclusion? Do you think the color would make you happier than the clarity? For some it is an easy call - for others it takes some thought. We can all tell you what we would choose but can’t take the responsibility for what you will end up wearing every day. Try not to think about it in terms of right or wrong as it really doesn’t fit into those parameters. It is just a choice - not wrong choice. After all the hubbub and excitement is over, which of the two do you think you’d be more pleased to see on your hand? Also, if you think that you will most likely upgrade sometime in the future, then you don’t have to think of this as your forever stone. People have also bought diamonds that they weren’t over the moon with and traded them for something else. That is what makes the WF policy so great as you don’t ever have to be ‘stuck’ like you feel right now with the K. Sleep on it - your choice may become clearer to you tomorrow!

Omg!? The top one looks bigger to you?

The way you put it, I’m currently in a K. So going to a g is a heck of a change.

Sigh….. lol

You are all correct!!!!! F on bottom

Can anyone see the inclusion on the F in any of the pics ?

Funny I was praying for the gsi1 a few weeks ago, now I have 10k and can’t make a decision to save my life

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Looks like the F is one the bottom? Oh-oops. You just posted the answer. I love F/ VS2-those are the specs of my engagement emerald cut.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
you guys are good at this !! And I have zero idea what I’m gonna do - so annoying

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results