shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond needed ~$5k this week -- Prize for the winner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Ok
1.gif
since you're looking for a G, here's another option under your budget (this is fun)
2.gif

1.16 G SI2 it has Med Blue Fluor so it shoud face up super-white & it's $4769.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/4/2004 8:36:18 PM alexah wrote:

Ok
1.gif
since you're looking for a G, here's another option under your budget (this is fun)
2.gif

1.16 G SI2 it has Med Blue Fluor so it shoud face up super-white & it's $4769.
----------------

Hard to tell on this stone because Mark doesn't provide enough info on his site. No crown/pavilion angles.

The reason I liked the 1.19 G, SI2 had a lot to do with specs, too.....it is a 1A cut diamond.....meets the most stringent cut standards.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
That stone that Al picked is very nice and a good value. The one Alexah picked should look about the same, but you need more information on it. Any size difference will be virtually imperceptable.

Alexah's stone is $500 less, so I'd get the info on that one. If you really like the WF stone, I'd be tempted to have them both shipped to see if you can see $500 difference.

Good luck

malted

Rough_Rock
Daniela: If you can believe it she's a social worker. She's probably only worried about a select gal or two.

alexah: I did catch the SNL skit. I luv the T.

Thanks everyone for your help thus far. I'm getting some pics of Al's choice.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/4/2004 8:16:55 PM aljdewey wrote:

regarding Valeria's comment 'Since this is SI2, there should be 'something'.'.....I'd take that with a grain of salt. Yes, there is 'something'....just as there is 'something' in a VS stone . It doesn't matter if there's 'something'....it matters whether or not you can readily *see* the 'something'.
----------------

Oh, sorry for that. I didn not mean "stay away from SI2" or even from that particular one. The note in my pst was about the picture of the GIA cert listed on WF, not the diamond. The picture is blurred, and for this reason I can barely tell a few pinpoint sized inclusions after some strain. GIA does not plot only the 'eye visible' inclusions (for better or worse, whatever) so I would not expect the plot of an eye clean SI2 to be blank with no "note" on the cert.

Hope this version makes sense. The Iscope of that stone looks awesome, btw.
read.gif

malted

Rough_Rock
Here's a pic of the stone. They've verified that it's completely eye-clean. Anything else I should ask/look for?

Thanks again,

malted

AGS-5351701.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/6/2004 12:59:24 AM malted wrote:

Here's a pic of the stone. They've verified that it's completely eye-clean. Anything else I should ask/look for?

----------------

Not really. The idealscope is already posted, and it's GORGEOUS. The numbers look fabulous on this stone....you're right in the "sweet spot" for crown/pavilion.

All that's left to do is pick a setting and run with it. Keep in mind the vendor has a return policy, so you still have the chance to see it yourself and make sure YOU like it! If you haven't done so already, MAKE SURE you put it on *hold* until you purchase.

All I can say is WOW. That's a *lot* of stone for the price. That's one of huge advantages of SI2. One of the appraisers here mentioned (and this was a while ago) that the price difference between SI1 and SI2 on a 1-ct. H stone was 20%. That's a major chunk of change to save as long as the SI2 is eyeclean as this one is.

I bought SI2 as well, and it's totally eyeclean. Doing so let me get from 1 ct to 1.24 for the same money. One of the smartest purchases we ever made.

Good luck!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Looks Great! Only one thing I would check. Make sure your definition of eye clean is consistent with theirs. If you want eye-clean as a standard industry definition from normal viewing distance, that's one thing, but if you want eye-clean on close and sustained inspection, make sure you clarify that.

Other than that, make sure it's on hold! Nice pick (Al)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results