shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond must be larger than

Discussion in 'Ladies in Waiting' started by FinleysMom, Sep 14, 2018.

1. partgypsy
    Ideal_Rock

by partgypsy » Aug 12, 2019
    I feel like I have gone through an evolution how I feel about jewelry almost full circle. I always liked jewelry, both to wear, but also to look at and admire and collect. When I finally started having my own money I loved to periodically get pieces to wear (typically silver and gemstones). Once I got on Pricescope my interest/desires and unfortunately discrimination/taste skyrocketed, = more money spent on gemstones or jewelry and having wish lists. In retrospect some of my obsession might have served as a distraction from my marriage, which made me, I don't know, lonely? Seeking some kind of validation that I wasn't completely feeling from him? I was trying to build up an identity (middle class, "successful", half of a married couple who is loved and cherished), that I don't identify with anymore.

Fast forward, I'm divorced. I still like "pretties" but something in me has moved on. Things like a new shirt or new plant, or making my house more like my home bring me joy. And if I get a new piece of jewelry, it's more likely to be silver and things the "old me" would have picked out than anything too expensive or precious.

LinSF, Matthews1127 and Jujeh like this.