shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond must be larger than

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I have gone through an evolution how I feel about jewelry almost full circle. I always liked jewelry, both to wear, but also to look at and admire and collect. When I finally started having my own money I loved to periodically get pieces to wear (typically silver and gemstones). Once I got on Pricescope my interest/desires and unfortunately discrimination/taste skyrocketed, = more money spent on gemstones or jewelry and having wish lists. In retrospect some of my obsession might have served as a distraction from my marriage, which made me, I don't know, lonely? Seeking some kind of validation that I wasn't completely feeling from him? I was trying to build up an identity (middle class, "successful", half of a married couple who is loved and cherished), that I don't identify with anymore.

Fast forward, I'm divorced. I still like "pretties" but something in me has moved on. Things like a new shirt or new plant, or making my house more like my home bring me joy. And if I get a new piece of jewelry, it's more likely to be silver and things the "old me" would have picked out than anything too expensive or precious.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Because I had been “screwed over” by the previous husband and was NOT ever going down another garden path, when my now husband asked me out on the first date I told him a second date would constitute an “engagement” and I was going to be trying for a baby as soon as we got intimate. The idea was was to send him “running for the hills”. On the second date I told him I wanted a pink diamond! Another attempt to send him running!
Fast forward a few weeks, yes mere weeks, and walking past a huge end Antique jewellery shop in a window, all by itself, was a magnificent Art Deco diamond ring with a huge EC! No price tag (but of course) so in we went. I browsed a few rings then asked to see the one in the window.
I swear my eyes must have been falling out my head and drool dripping from my mouth. I tried it on, barely able to speak, unconsciously sighed, muttered under my breath “in my dreams” and handed it back.
We then spent a few more weeks looking at minsicule pink diamonds that cost as much as a fancy car (I didn’t realize how expensive they were) and thought we were considering an oval 1.5 carat white diamond.
Fast forward a few more weeks and he proposed.
I swear I squealed and shrieked like a stuck pig (and everyone in the restaurant turned around) when the ring box was opened and inside was the Art Deco Diamond ring.
All 4.35 carats of her with 1 carat of extras.
That was nearly 20 years ago now.
So yeah, I got the man, the ring and the baby! :appl:
I love your story.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.