shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond measurements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Im purchased havent seen it yet a .47 SI-1-2 G-H Round Diamond Solitaire measurements are 5.03x5.04x3.16mm Depth is 62.7 and table 62 and med girdle good polish and small culet. My question is will this be a premuim cut stone and is there a way to figure out what the crown and pavillion angles are just by the measurements i dont have those numbers experts on this please that may be able to help what kind of scintillation and fire should i expect out of a diamond like this apprasial value 1,550 the report is just from the apprasial there is no graded report the inclusion shows a feather off the table

Arcam

Rough_Rock
"Im purchased havent seen it yet a .47 SI-1-2 G-H Round"

first off, its either Si1 or Si2, can''t be both, same for G/H. You could argue it depends on the lab, but that probably isn''t the case.

"My question is will this be a premuim cut stone"
depends on what you define premium as, are you asking is it ideal or excellent as graded by GIA or AGS?

"is there a way to figure out what the crown and pavillion angles are just by the measurements"
i''m 99% sure the answer is no, but maybe someone else can prove otherwise.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 12:01:03 PM
Author:dyemonds2002
Im purchased havent seen it yet a .47 SI-1-2 G-H Round Diamond Solitaire measurements are 5.03x5.04x3.16mm Depth is 62.7 and table 62 and med girdle good polish and small culet. My question is will this be a premuim cut stone and is there a way to figure out what the crown and pavillion angles are just by the measurements i dont have those numbers experts on this please that may be able to help what kind of scintillation and fire should i expect out of a diamond like this apprasial value 1,550 the report is just from the apprasial there is no graded report the inclusion shows a feather off the table
It sounds like the supporting document has information similar to an IGI jewelry appraisal report since there was a range of color/clarity and valuation included (jewelry certificate and identification report don't give valuation). Was it one of these reports and did you purchase the diamond already-mounted?

There is no way to determine crown and pavilion angles based on the numbers provided.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Yes John diamond already mounted heres a pic of the report and diamond i cant complain i guess i bought it for 250.00 on Ebay

58_12.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 8:16:17 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
well if it has a decent inclusion in it you did not get ripped off with a CZ.

It is not ''well cut'' - but you probably got a bargain
I agree with this. The crown and pavillion angles probably aren''t going to be great given the depth/table, but you probably received a diamond worth at least what you paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results