Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Diamond measurements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Im purchased havent seen it yet a .47 SI-1-2 G-H Round Diamond Solitaire measurements are 5.03x5.04x3.16mm Depth is 62.7 and table 62 and med girdle good polish and small culet. My question is will this be a premuim cut stone and is there a way to figure out what the crown and pavillion angles are just by the measurements i dont have those numbers experts on this please that may be able to help what kind of scintillation and fire should i expect out of a diamond like this apprasial value 1,550 the report is just from the apprasial there is no graded report the inclusion shows a feather off the table

Arcam

Rough_Rock
"Im purchased havent seen it yet a .47 SI-1-2 G-H Round"

first off, its either Si1 or Si2, can''t be both, same for G/H. You could argue it depends on the lab, but that probably isn''t the case.

"My question is will this be a premuim cut stone"
depends on what you define premium as, are you asking is it ideal or excellent as graded by GIA or AGS?

"is there a way to figure out what the crown and pavillion angles are just by the measurements"
i''m 99% sure the answer is no, but maybe someone else can prove otherwise.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 12:01:03 PM
Author:dyemonds2002
Im purchased havent seen it yet a .47 SI-1-2 G-H Round Diamond Solitaire measurements are 5.03x5.04x3.16mm Depth is 62.7 and table 62 and med girdle good polish and small culet. My question is will this be a premuim cut stone and is there a way to figure out what the crown and pavillion angles are just by the measurements i dont have those numbers experts on this please that may be able to help what kind of scintillation and fire should i expect out of a diamond like this apprasial value 1,550 the report is just from the apprasial there is no graded report the inclusion shows a feather off the table
It sounds like the supporting document has information similar to an IGI jewelry appraisal report since there was a range of color/clarity and valuation included (jewelry certificate and identification report don't give valuation). Was it one of these reports and did you purchase the diamond already-mounted?

There is no way to determine crown and pavilion angles based on the numbers provided.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Yes John diamond already mounted heres a pic of the report and diamond i cant complain i guess i bought it for 250.00 on Ebay

58_12.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 8:16:17 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
well if it has a decent inclusion in it you did not get ripped off with a CZ.

It is not ''well cut'' - but you probably got a bargain
I agree with this. The crown and pavillion angles probably aren''t going to be great given the depth/table, but you probably received a diamond worth at least what you paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.