shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scottrocks

Rough_Rock
Hello, I'm also posting this in diamondtalk, but thought I'd try here as well. I'm looking at an SI1, G, .91 carat, table 59, depth 57.4, crown angle 33, pavilion angle 40.7, culet .4, no flourescence, very good polish, good symnetry. He's asking 5320. Is this a good buy? It has a GIA certificate and a megascope report, both of which I've seen.
It registered a whopping .4 on the cut adviser, so I was set to buy, but now others are telling me that this isn't the cut to go with. What do you think? Any advice would be a great help.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My opinion of the HCA score is more than a bit biased, but you will find the stone looks fantastic unless you examine it from a very close distance (say 6 to 8 inches) in which case it will face up a little darker than a traditional ideal cut.
The benefit is it probably looks bigger than most 1ct stones.
As to the price - compare it to others here and decide for yourself based on service and relationships with vendors etc.
Garry H

scottrocks

Rough_Rock
Thank you Garry, I really appreciate all of the information you've given me in this forum as well as diamondtalk. Your website has been so incredibly helpful I can't even begin to tell you. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results