shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond help pls

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
Hi all.. diamond newbie here in need of desperate help. What are your thoughts on these two diamonds? Are they eye clean and which would you recommend?

thank you!!!

1) https://yadav-certs.s3.amazonaws.com/6352461551.pdf

2)https://yadav-certs.s3.amazonaws.com/7352016639.pdf

Thank you all

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the numbers on the first one. Can you ask for advanced images (ASET is preferred or idealscope)?

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
I prefer the numbers on the first one. Can you ask for advanced images (ASET is preferred or idealscope)?

Thanks for your input!
Unfortunately they said none available :(
I asked about color and they said there is “very very light brown. It most likely will be unnnoticeable to the naked eye.”

what are your thoughts on this..?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t like either of those choices although by the #’s, I agree with the 1st is better. Some like their lower colour stones to have brown, I’m not one of them. I bought a stone that had a bet slight brown hue that I was told I would never notice. That’s all I could see. :-/. I much prefer a creamy standard no brown hue. What’s your budget? Preferences? Are you in the US?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do not need the IS for #1. It has no leakage. It is awesome. In fact, it is too good to believe that is the actual photo of diamond #1.
35.5/40.8 is rarely this good.

And well below 5k? What is going on here?

This is too good to be true.

Last edited:

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input!
I asked about color and they said there is “very very light brown. It most likely will be unnnoticeable to the naked eye.”

I had an I that tended towards brown and it was noticeable enough to my eye from the side so I would consider how you are setting it. I grew to dislike it enough to upgrade to a G. I would say there is a reason you’re getting that much carat weight at that price. There are no bargains in the world of diamonds.

I did a search here for diamonds of that size with Ex HCA score in the I VS1 VS2 range and everything is 1,000.00 or more higher. You can see my results here.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input!

That surprises me, as I see zero brown in the video. I really like the 1st one.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had to get on my laptop to view the video. Looks pretty good actually. Like lovedogs said, there isn't much brown.

flyingpig, re: the low cost, maybe this particular supplier wants to sell their supply?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to get on my laptop to view the video. Looks pretty good actually. Like lovedogs said, there isn't much brown.

flyingpig, re: the low cost, maybe this particular supplier wants to sell their supply?

That may be the case. I did a quick search and surprised that diamond prices have gone down so much.
A stone like this used to cost nearly 6k (if not more)
0.9 I VS1 used to be around 4k.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input!

hmmm, sounds fishy. if i were you, i would want to check out the stone to be sure. when they say "very very light brown", i suspect it'd actually be some color there that might be noticeable. can they send pictures of the actual stone for you to look?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve purchased from that vendor recently, largely because their prices were very competitive. If you ask, they are happy to ship the loose stone for review, and at least for me, they covered postage both ways.

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
I don’t like either of those choices although by the #’s, I agree with the 1st is better. Some like their lower colour stones to have brown, I’m not one of them. I bought a stone that had a bet slight brown hue that I was told I would never notice. That’s all I could see. :-/. I much prefer a creamy standard no brown hue. What’s your budget? Preferences? Are you in the US?

I’m in Canada. I would like to stay under 5k and order of importance is cut, size, color, clarity. Of course bigger is better but definitely don’t want the noticeable yellow/brown :(

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
hmmm, sounds fishy. if i were you, i would want to check out the stone to be sure. when they say "very very light brown", i suspect it'd actually be some color there that might be noticeable. can they send pictures of the actual stone for you to look?

Unfortunately not, they do have a 30 day return period but hoping I’d have to avoid that process and get it right on the first try!

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
I’ve purchased from that vendor recently, largely because their prices were very competitive. If you ask, they are happy to ship the loose stone for review, and at least for me, they covered postage both ways.

Yes I was glad to hear this is an option but unfortunately since I’m in Canada the shipping costs won’t be covered

Kimbo1213

Rough_Rock
I tried on some rings and I am really leaning towards something a bit bigger (around 7mm width). I was wondering what you guys thought of this diamond?

maybe it’s obvious but do you think the inclusions would be noticeable?

I ask because I saw some j + si2 in person that looked pretty goood (no noticeable warmth or inclusions to my eyes). The color in the video looks ok to me... Watching the videos side by side with #1 from the original post.. this one seems whiter in my eyes lol

there is the feather.. but don’t know how much its noticeable when the marks are white instead of black?

Thanks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results