shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond GIA cert

jpreynol

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Anyone please give me your thoughts on this diamond. I am told its eye clean and the HCA is excellent. Please let me know any issues or if you think it may not be eye clean.

1205945904.jpg

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi - it's impossible to tell from a certificate if an SI stone will be eye clean - - if you'd like other members to give their opinion, you should see if you can get some images that you can post.
Good luck

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
With a diamond that size, I can't imagine it would be eye clean to me. There is a lot of stuff on that map.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I am farrrr, far from an expert.

Agree with what I know from my history of my own PS experiences. Impossible to tell. I agree.

I can say, I bought a 2.18 SI2 and the GIA looked just as "messy" as yours. It scared me. 1.8 HCA....there is a tiny spec that can be seen when studied close...very close (or when I run it under the faucet after cleaning...sparkle blocked).

She sparkles like nobodies business!! Diamond needs to be evaluated by a trusty seller in hand. Or you need to evaluate it with a reasonable return policy. I chose this messy diamond over prettier GIAs that were 200% eyeclean.

GL :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't even consider a diamond with that low a crown. Seriously.

32.5 is too low.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you get some promising replies! I can't really comment as I said earlier. I'm ok w SI1.... Hopefully others will chime in.... does not look like there's a lot of leakage but again I am a novice at all of this. I do agree with under the $20,000 mark though. That seems reasonable based on what I paid for my SI2, 2+,H, xxx HCA1.9.

Thoughts PSers who know?

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy is a smart on BTW. Doesn't like the crown I think it's worth listening for sure!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.