shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond eternity ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwolfe

Rough_Rock
I am looking to replace my wifes lost eternity ring with
the following.

Either: 4 prong setting or channel setting.
Either: 18 kt white gold vs platinum

Total diamond wt. 4.5 - 5.5 carat wt.
quality VS1 - SI1
color: F - H

What are your thoughts on the above. Which setting do you think looks nicer. Which metal should i purchase.
:rolleyes:

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gwolfe,

To be more specific,
what shape and sizes of diamonds
are you looking for.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few pictures at work of some diamond eternity rings set in plat and white gold as that is the style we are looking at as well. I will post them tomorrow. Are you planning on just an eternity style ring with no center stone or will there be a center stone as well.

We are having our ring done in prong-set with a center stone, as opposed to channel-set, though I have seen both look gorgeous. Also I love pave-set as well though have heard from a few people that the pave eternity setting will not be as durable as a prong or channel set unless the band is thicker with more metal protecting the baby diamonds.

With a 4-5ct eternity ring..depending on size of the ring, I could estimate the stones would be around ~.40 carats each, is that about right?

Anyway I will post the pix tomorrow. They are of much smaller stones, but you will get the idea of how it looks in a white/plat setting. They are gorgeous shots!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the picture I was talking about. These stones are very small, tcw is around .90c.

Also I ran across a 3.75carat total weight eternity prong-set ring in platinum for $8300. Here is the link. It's a monster! :)

http://www.mondera.com/jewelry/product.asp?mscssid=1QJQK06NUJSR2KX000AKHCAVBKXMASU6&partno=1025857&nav=wedding&deptid=&deptclass=1300/250+270+290&collection=

(that is all one link..I don't know how to make it a hyper. Since it breaks into 3 lines, copy and paste each line so it all fits together. Or search Mondera.Com for their diamond eternity rings.

Good luck! :)

shared prong eternity 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results