shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Dana - your triple pls?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi diamond dana :)

scouting through this site many times, i have come across your triple a number of times. i LOVE it - love the proportions of it, love the way it looks on your hand, love the setting - just love everything about it!

any chance you could throw up a few photos of it both with and without your band? i have seen a couple of photos, but would love to see a whole thread (i *did* look for an old thread, but couldnt find it and would love to see some recent photos anyway)

so - as they say in game shows...diamond_dana''s triple...

come on DOOOWN!

:)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My three stone? Thank you for the compliments! I will get some pictures for you...luckily the sun is shining today
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go!

tuttinudi1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alone

tuttinudi2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

tuttinudi3.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

tuttinudi4.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flouro!

tuttinudi5.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif

tuttinudi6.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5.gif

tuttinudi7.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

tuttinudi8.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There ya go, I hope that helps!
Stats...
1.05 TCW
.27 .51 .27
F VS2
Size 5.5

Band is 1/8 TCW

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!,, I would have guessed more ctw than what you had stated

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 5:10:09 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana

Stats...

1.05 TCW

.27 .51 .27

F VS2

Size 5.5

Band is 1/8 TCW

well, i have to tell you -

i''ve been a member of this site for only a couple of months, but i''ve been a loooong time lurker (think ''years''), and i have to say, of all the rings on here yours is my favorite. i''m not a huge ring kind of person (and believe me when i tell you that i''ve been collecting jewelry for decades, and i have plenty!) - but i like the delicateness and romance of what i would call mid-range rings - not necessarily small rings, but not huge either. i think yours has lovely finger coverage, i really like the quality of the stones, love the tapered setting, and have always liked the ratio of side stones being half the size of the center stone.

all up, it''s just a gorgeous ring; if i had your size fingers (and BOY do i wish i did!) it''s the ring i''d choose.

this is just a little bouquet from someone who came across your ring in a thread this morning and thinks it''s....

*perfect*

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 5:56:18 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 3/13/2009 5:10:09 PM

Stats...

1.05 TCW

.27 .51 .27

F VS2

Size 5.5

Band is 1/8 TCW

well, i have to tell you -

i''ve been a member of this site for only a couple of months, but i''ve been a loooong time lurker (think ''years''), and i have to say, of all the rings on here yours is my favorite. i''m not a huge ring kind of person (and believe me when i tell you that i''ve been collecting jewelry for decades, and i have plenty!) - but i like the delicateness and romance of what i would call mid-range rings - not necessarily small rings, but not huge either. i think yours has lovely finger coverage, i really like the quality of the stones, love the tapered setting, and have always liked the ratio of side stones being half the size of the center stone.

all up, it''s just a gorgeous ring; if i had your size fingers (and BOY do i wish i did!) it''s the ring i''d choose.

this is just a little bouquet from someone who came across your ring in a thread this morning and thinks it''s....

*perfect*

I appreciate your compliments, thank you so much
5.gif
!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitby...didn''t I read that you are getting your three stone reset with bigger sides??? I really look forward to seeing that!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:09:18 PM
Whitby...didn''t I read that you are getting your three stone reset with bigger sides??? I really look forward to seeing that!

i am!

i have a .83ct stone, which *was* set between two .25 and .26 stones. altho i like that look, the ratio of side stones to center stone is more contemporary than the triples of the 30''s and 40''s, which tended to be closer to the proportions of your ring, and which are the ones i grew up looking at and adoring! :) so a couple of weeks ago, i sent away my ring with 2 stones - .46ct and .47ct - to have it reset with these larger side stones. the proportions of my new ring will be *very* similar to yours. sadly, my fingers vary between a size 8 and a size 8 1/4, so even at a bigger size, my ring won''t have the elegant proportions on my finger that your ring does on yours.
7.gif
i''m also having a new wedding band made by james meyer; just a plain platinum band, milgrain edged, 3.25mm.

here''s a photo of my original band, which i still wear; it''s a platinum band from around 1910 - 12 x .06 stones, .72ctw.

what i wouldn''t give for long slim fingers!

thank you so much for the extra photos, dana - they really put a smile in my day. :)

kareyncurrentwedder.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so welcome, and thank you for asking for them...it made my day!

I cannot wait to see your reset...post a ton of pictures!

I also prefer the proportions to be a bit more close together, so I know what you mean
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:07:15 PM
You are so welcome, and thank you for asking for them...it made my day!

I cannot wait to see your reset...post a ton of pictures!

I also prefer the proportions to be a bit more close together, so I know what you mean
36.gif

will do! i''m having 4 rings made in the next 5 1/2 months, so i''ll basically be making a pest of myself on these boards till september; the best kind of pest - a pest with NEW RINGS! - yay!

thanks again, dana :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your ring, Dana. So, so, so gorgeous.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Dana! Someone (I think on Rocky Talk) was looking for a wedding band for her 3 stone...yours looks about right. Funny, I would
have guessed bigger tcw too.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your compliments everyone!

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I thought about starting another thread for this, but then I found this one. Since it was pretty recent, I decided to just ask my question here!
1.gif

Diamond Dana - I love your plain milgrain band! There aren''t pics of it in this thread, so I''ll post one below. When I get my ring (sometime this summer), it''ll be a three-stone (pear sides). I had always thought I''d just get a plain platinum band, either domed or knife edge. Then, yesterday I came across this picture, and I am in love!
30.gif
I love the little detailing of the milgrain and think it makes a perfect complement to the three-stone. Adds interest, but not overwhelming, and still budget-friendly! So, my question is, where did you find this little beauty? And also, could you share the widths of your e-ring and the milgrain band, and your finger size? I love your rings!
1.gif

diamonddanasband 2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD your ring is amazing and it looks much much much bigger than the carat weight, I can totally see why it''s captured Whitby''s heart. I would have bet on double the carat weight if you hadn''t said. I have a finger size 6 with the same size diamonds in a trilogy as yours and my ring looks much smaller on my hand. Stunning and I adore the fluor!

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:10:55 PM
Author: summertime
I thought about starting another thread for this, but then I found this one. Since it was pretty recent, I decided to just ask my question here!
1.gif

Diamond Dana - I love your plain milgrain band! There aren''t pics of it in this thread, so I''ll post one below. When I get my ring (sometime this summer), it''ll be a three-stone (pear sides). I had always thought I''d just get a plain platinum band, either domed or knife edge. Then, yesterday I came across this picture, and I am in love!
30.gif
I love the little detailing of the milgrain and think it makes a perfect complement to the three-stone. Adds interest, but not overwhelming, and still budget-friendly! So, my question is, where did you find this little beauty? And also, could you share the widths of your e-ring and the milgrain band, and your finger size? I love your rings!
1.gif
Just saw that it''s 5.5 - sorry!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:16:30 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
DD your ring is amazing and it looks much much much bigger than the carat weight, I can totally see why it''s captured Whitby''s heart. I would have bet on double the carat weight if you hadn''t said. I have a finger size 6 with the same size diamonds in a trilogy as yours and my ring looks much smaller on my hand. Stunning and I adore the fluor!

"captured whitby''s heart." - yes - i think that''s about it! sometimes you just see the externalization of something you''ve always wanted in your heart, but have never seen in real life. dana''s ring just hits all those bases for me. the amazing thing, too, is that i didn''t realize dana had a milgrain wedding band. i''ve had a diamond half eternity band as a wedding ring for aaages, but have recently been wanting a plainer band to go with it. what did i order? a platinum milgrain wedding band. just the same as dana''s!

i''m starting to think that DD and i must be ring kindred spirits!!

as soon as i get mine, i''ll post some photos of my 3 stone band and wedder and hopefully mine will look as incredibly elegant as DD''s. sadly, tho - my fingers are nowhere near a size 5.5 (there''s a photo of my size 8 fingers above in this link) and if there''s one thing i know, it''s that proportion is everything.

but i''d settle for mine being proportionately as good as DD''s, so that will have to do.

and i think that it will. :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so honored with all the attention my ring is getting, thank you all!

The milgrain wedding band in that picture is 3mm in width. I bought that at a maul store (
23.gif
), Fred Meyer. My three stone shank is thin, 1mm-1.5mm I am guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results