shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fil

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at two diamonds which (on paper) seem almost completely the same to me, but one is about $450 dollars cheaper. Does the slight difference in color make the difference? or is it the slight loss of spread? If I were to see these two, how likely is it that I could tell them apart? :confused:

1:
Weight = 0.63
Clar = VS2
Symetry = Excelent
Polish = Excelent
Cut advisor = 0.8-ex (ex-ex-ex-vg)
Color = G
Culet = vs
Girdle = 1.3

2:
Weight = 0.63
Clar = VS2
Symetry = Excelent
Polish = Excelent
Cut advisor = 0.4-ex (ex-ex-ex-ex)
Color = F
Culet = pt
Girdle = 1.2

-Fil

PS sorry if this post didn't get formate correctly. I think it's because I'm on a MAC. :blackeye:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The difference in color will have an effect on the price. As for the look of the diamond, that depends on the cut. It is possible for there to be differences in brilliance, fire and scintillation between the two stones. Perhaps if you post all of the measurements (in angles) available to you, someone here will be able to give a better guess as to the differences between the stones. The only sure way to tell which you'd prefer is to see them both and compare in both dim and natural daylight.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results