shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tresellas

Rough_Rock
First off, I am new to this whole diamond thing :) But I have spent about the past four or five months reading and absorbing anything I can about diamonds.

After searching here and diamondtalk.com I still have not found very many reviews about diamond.com. I checked bizrate and the BBB and did find some negatives but most of the negatives are associated with watches and are actually referring to a sister site of diamond.com owned by odimo. There were no negatives about diamonds or rings. I am not worried about price because after using pricescope the exact same diamond is sold for about the same at DCD, abazias, and whiteflash. Essentially, has anyone purchased from diamond.com and what did they think?

(I would use DCD but I live in MD and it just doesnt make sense to pay for the tax and the other sites did not offer settings I liked and I would prefer to do it all together!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond.Com has a pretty good rep from what I have read. Though on here, and probably DT, you will most likely find more posts about the smaller vendors who sell better stones and give good service...like WhiteFlash, GOG, NiceIce, DiamondOptics, Abazias, DCD, USA Certed, DBOF, etc etc etc.

IMO Diamond.Com and Blue Nile are where the masses go. But if you come to Pricescope, you are looking for MORE than just a GIA cert and information, you want the nitty gritty. You want to know how that stone is REALLY cut. You want details, you want closeups, IdealScope images, the works.

If not, then Diamond.Com should be fine. But keep in mind that Diamond.Com doesn't cater to YOU..they cater to the general internet. What do I mean by that? Well they won't give you personalized one-on-one service like alot of the smaller vendors would. Also, do they *really* care if you have a stellar experience? Probably not. But the smaller vendors know that you are their meat and potatoes, and you will post on forums such as this if they treat you badly. So you kind of have a leg to stand on.

You say you have been researching for months. Putting in all of that time should payoff in the result of a GREAT stone. I'd check out the other online vendors as well, the ones that Pricescope lists as you note, besides Diamond.Com. You never know what you may find.

2.gif
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results