shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Color and Clarity!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DigiDestined

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and don't know much about diamonds. I'm searching for one right now and have heard that diamonds that aren't H color or better and VVS quality really don't have a price to them (rapaport???) Is this information reliable? I've found that diamonds VVS or IF clarity are so very expensive!!!

Thanks!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

You are getting some unreliable advice. If it is from a seller of diamonds, I would run as quickly as possible. Read the tutorial on this site and take a look at the price comparisons on pricescope. There you will see real asking prices for diamonds that are currently for sale online. Note that the cut of a diamond is what makes it beautiful and will affect the diamond's price just as carat weight, color and clarity will. Online prices are almost always lower than what you will find in a brick and mortar store. Read up on the site and feel free to ask questions. We're happy to help you.

:)

DigiDestined

Rough_Rock
Hello lawmax,

Thank you for your reply. The information is very helpful and gives me my peace of mind.

Thanks,
Mary

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamonds of all qualities have an underlying value. Poor stones are difficult to sell to anyone, but the usual grades of diamonds people shop for have very researchable prices attached to their respective grades, weights and shapes.

Most consumers buy diamonds J color and better, SI2 and better. There are definite markets however, for darker diamonds, K-R colors in large stones in clarity grades VS21 and better and other particular markets for large whie and imperfect stones. These are not the standard market for most of us or internet shoppers.

A 1 carat diamond G color and VS2 looks just about the same as the equivalent D-IF diamond. It is a matter of budget, personal taste and cultural background about how to select a particular stone that will do the job.

In turn, it is difficult to tell a 1 ct J-SI2 from the G VS2 once they both are set in many rings. It makes choosing a stone a challenging task.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results