Diamond Cluster Ring Remake with Demantoids from Yvonne

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
simply amazing! I love the color!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you arketeia, wordie89, chatoyancy, Debbie K, tkyasx78 and mochiko for sharing Yvonnes pictures of the horsetail inclusions (I've seen people post pictures through a loupe but I have a hard enough time taking normal pictures, lol)

Would you put those particular blues & greens together ?

[ you have a sampler of some finest colors ! ]

Bright saturated neons?? lol...that's me (wish it were my budget to go with it).

Since I don't have loose stones, I took a picture of the ring with my Luc Yen cobalt spinel and mahenge spinel stackers. I assume hauynes would line up similar to the cobalt spinel.

Except for my cluster ring, I think the demantoids overwhelmed my other Paraibas which are softer in tone and not as sparkly. But demantoid melee might work well (I don't own any demantoid melee...maybe others can chime in who do or if you are interested in buying any from Yvonne, I'd ask her).

demantoidwithspinels.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings is gorgeous. Love the color of those garnets.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you !

Very nice sight ... I was starting to imagine a five dot line
-- dia - green - dia - pink - dia - blue - dia --
now there is much less left to the imagination.

I don't own any demantoid melee...maybe others can chime in who do

Second the call. I do not remember any demantoid melee around here. Once upon a time I had asked around, Litnon said they could source & I did nothing - as usual...

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy!

Valeria - Yvonne has apple green demantoid melee but I love your idea. I've often thought about making a confetti ring using my favorite neon stones in melee size pave set with diamonds...the labor costs scare me lol.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright saturated neons?? lol...that's me (wish it were my budget to go with it).

Since I don't have loose stones, I took a picture of the ring with my Luc Yen cobalt spinel and mahenge spinel stackers. I assume hauynes would line up similar to the cobalt spinel.

Except for my cluster ring, I think the demantoids overwhelmed my other Paraibas which are softer in tone and not as sparkly. But demantoid melee might work well (I don't own any demantoid melee...maybe others can chime in who do or if you are interested in buying any from Yvonne, I'd ask her).

demantoidwithspinels.jpg

Sorry @lilmosun if I go off topic too much and divert attention from your beautiful ring, but I found Yvonne made some melee earrings for another customer (not mine) with hauyne, demantoid and spinel. I thought the photo provided a good comparison of the different stones all together. Unfortunately no photo of demantoid with paraiba.

il_570xN.1271440143_3dd2.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gota ask a general question here. What shade exactly is Apple green?? The green with a strong yellow modifier? (That's the kind of green my apples are haha)!!

The demontoids described as apple green, at times seem to be different shades? I've seen dark green / straight green / yellow green and bright light green all being described as apple green??!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you arketeia, wordie89, chatoyancy, Debbie K, tkyasx78 and mochiko for sharing Yvonnes pictures of the horsetail inclusions (I've seen people post pictures through a loupe but I have a hard enough time taking normal pictures, lol)

demantoidwithspinels.jpg

I bought some 1.7 demantoid melee. I don't know what I'm using them for yet but the color is lovely. For research purposes, here they are next to one of my paraiba tourmalines. Personally, I don't love them together but to each his own.

Shade:
20170628_190935.jpg

Full afternoon sun:
20170628_190915.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring, Lilmosun. It works as a powerful color piece, with can stand on it's own but also emphasizes other pieces so well.
As an aside, I purchased some of YR's demantoids Melees to pair with turquoise, which worked well. That green is so strong and energetic. Anyway, really happy for you! Congratulations !

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
My latest ring arrived and I think I'm in trouble, lol. It's been awhile since I've been this entranced with a colored stone that wasn't a paraiba, mahenge spinel or cobalt spinel. Last thing I need is another obsession :)

The setting was a diamond cluster ring I bought preloved from vickygigi on LT. From the start, my intent was to replace the center diamonds with colored stones. I wasn't sure what but felt the 3.7-4mm size would be perfect for adding something to my CS collection that I would not be able to afford in larger sizes.

Before:

original diamond cluster ring.jpg

I have always been fascinated reading about Russian demantoids and their horestail inclusings...but never thought the color was for me. But after seeing OTL's killer demantoid ring and reading Yvonne's description of apple green demantoids she picked up in Tucson, I thought they might be a good option for my cluster setting.

So I sent the ring to Yvonne to see what she could find at JCK. I thought it was a bust when she told me "no luck" pm demantoids. Much to my surprise a day or so later, I get a message asking if "low heat" was okay followed by so-so pictures but noting "phenomenal stuff..top of the line". I do trust her eye on color so pulled the trigger.

I was thrilled as soon as I saw the pictures of them set and when the ring arrived, I was completely blown away. Pictures do NOT do these stones justice. The stones look like a top color emerald/tsavorite with fire of a diamond. Deep bright intense green. No yellow modifier although it may look that way in pictures for some reason (light dispersion?). When I sent a note to Yvonne that the end product is everything I wanted and more when I first purchased the setting, she responded "Yes...I knew I had this right! The color is INSANE". Yup, I agree...INSANE :)

After:

demaintoidindoors.jpg demantoidring.jpg demantoidring1.jpg demantoidring2.jpg demantoidring4.jpg

demaintoidring.jpg
Just stopping by to say I adore your ring! What an awesome upgrade!
You hit a home run with it. :love::love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Bluegemz and gemandjewelrylover (good to "see" you)!

The Jade Vine plant is cool!

Thanks elle for posting the apple green melee. I wouldn't pair them with your paraiba either, which is gorgeous btw! I noticed that Yvonne has earring that pair them with apatite that look great so I think it depends on the tone and saturation?

Like theredspinel, I was not sure what the apple green demantoids looked like IRL as I also think of apple green leaning more towards a yellow spectrum. Pictures seem to vary...probably because demantoids are so hard to photograph.

I just read Yvonne's blog where she discusses the different colors and how she came across the seller where she found my stones. I felt like I won the lottery as I think the tsav/deep emerald color is a better fit for my coloring.

It's fun wearing this ring....the look on faces when they ask about my "amazing emerald ring" and I tell them they are garnets, lol.

Oh..here's a link to the blog post I mentioned

https://www.cecileraleydesigns.com/...oid-what-s-the-deal-with-horsetail-inclusions

amyek

Rough_Rock
It looks amazing! I am so glad you found a purpose for the ring I sold you. It is much improved! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results