shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cleaner

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have tried them all, steam, dawn, stuff in the plastic bottles, etc..........I was at BBB today and came across this product called
Connoisseurs Diamond Dazzle Stik. I read the instructions, easy to use, before I bought I went to Amazon to check out reviews, and they were all almost 5 stars, hard to believe.

So, for $7.99 with a 20% off coupon I bought a stick to use. You remove the red cap, you wet the brush with water, turn the metal end a few turns until this blue fluid comes out, then brush your diamond and setting, I let it sit for about 30 seconds, wash off, dry and you are done.......I have to say it was the cleanest most sparkly product I have used. I am not sure how long the fluid will last, probably not too long, but the finished product was terrific. Give it a try! You can buy on Amazon for less money.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the review! I've wondered about this product before. I was also just thinking of trying something besides Dawn because it doesn't make it look as good as steam cleaning (which I can only get at a jewelry store).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one from Amazon and it seems to do a good job of cleaning the diamond, but lately I just spray on some windex then brush and rinse with water.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
daintyG|1462670593|4028817 said:
Thanks for the review! I've wondered about this product before. I was also just thinking of trying something besides Dawn because it doesn't make it look as good as steam cleaning (which I can only get at a jewelry store).
You can buy a jewel jet... ;))

ghostm42

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire|1462670957|4028822 said:

I've heard people recommend the steaming wand of an espresso maker as well, though I'm sure that's not as good as a dedicated steam cleaner.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
A dip in hydrogen peroxide is good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are great for travel, but at home I just use either the red jar of Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner, brush, and rinse, or like DF said, spraying Windex on the diamond in a little bowl and then brushing and rinsing does very well, too.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try soaking overnight or for a few hours in Windex, swish it around, then take it out and brush with a toothbrush....

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At home I stand at the kitchen sink, put some liquid DW liquid on a toothbrush, brush the pavillion, then rinse, and sometimes used canned air to dry. I can do this without taking my rings off.

When I travel I take a baby toothbrush with me and use bath gel or shampoo in the hotel room or cruise ship cabin.

The idea is to cut the grease.

I use my ultrasonic mainly for cleaning tennis bracelets.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All good methods........you ladies can put this dazzle stick in your purse, it is small. I wonder how long each stick will last.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Thanks for the review! I'd heard of those little sticks and always wondered about them... does sound great for travel. I bought an ultrasonic on Amazon a few months ago and LOVE it -- less than $40!! It's also great for sunglasses and watches!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1462670957|4028822 said:

Not on Amazon : "Unavailable!"

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some gypsy set rounds in the band of my wedding ring that make me wonder if ultrasonic would be safe (the stones are well set). Anyone using ultrasonic in similar ring or with halos?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At Costco the price of my favorite diamond cleaner is a tiny fraction of the price of any other cleaner posted in this thread.

I think it's superior too.

Load up a tooth brush or a stiff artist's brush with Isopropyl alcohol, aka rubbing alcohol.
99% is best but 70% is fine and easier to find.

Jab the diamond and rub vigorously so the contaminated liquid gets flung away, but protect your eyes.
Reload brush with clean alcohol.
Repeat a few times.

Blow away the last of the alcohol with canned air because blotting or 'drying" with a towel will leave some contaminated alcohol that will evaporate, leaving contaminated residue behind on the diamond ... especially around the prongs.
Dirt/grease do not evaporate away, only the alcohol does leaving the gunk behind.

Another reason to not 'dry' with cloth or any paper is that can't remove liquid where it can't touch ... like the pavilion and around prongs ... and it leaves behind some lint.

This is not my idea.
It's NASA's.

It's the cleaning process that NASA requires of its contractors for cleaning solder and flux residue off of electronic parts that must be launched into space.

screen_shot_2016-05-08_at_6.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem is the next time you go to the restroom and wash your hand the diamond will get dirty again.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1462765280|4029155 said:
The problem is the next time you go to the restroom and wash your hand the diamond will get dirty again.

I remove my ring before washing my hands.
Hope I never accidentally leave it in a public restroom :-o

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thats why they invented jewelry cleaners so when they get dirty, you can clean them!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1462821292|4029389 said:

Thats why they invented jewelry cleaners so when they get dirty, you can clean them!

Yeah DF. :wacko:

Based on your reasoning you could ask, "Why have kids? They're just going to die!" ;( :mrgreen:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1462823998|4029424 said:
WillyDiamond|1462821292|4029389 said:

Yeah DF. :wacko:

Based on your reasoning you could ask, "Why have kids? They're just going to die!" ;( :mrgreen:

huh?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1462810583|4029319 said:

Or somebody can just "grab and run"... :tongue:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy the dazzle sticks in bulk.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use the dazzle sticks at least a couple times a week! Love it

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1462810583|4029319 said:

What if you drop it down a drain, in the toilet (there was a post on here a while ago about people who had dropped rings into a toilet) or somewhere that is really yuck? :errrr: I would assume it would be safer on your hand getting dirty than potentially being lost or dropped in a rest room....

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So when I clean a ring, I run the tap water from the sink, but I close the drain stopper so if it slips out of my hand it does not go down the drain

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't impressed with the dazzle stick. I found that there was some kind of film left behind that attracts funk. I prefer the foam or the sparkle sparkle or the purple stuff or dish soap and windex or alcohol like Kenny mentions or if I am desperate for a quick wipe I'll use my well kept wipes for my phone screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results