shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond broke off. What would you do??

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
FOUND!!! In the ICE DRAWER!!! I still need to get a thorough rendition of the story but it either got scooped up in a glass of ice or came out of the ice dispenser in the door. Either way it was found mixed in with a glass of ice. So I'm guessing she knocked it off while grabbing a handful of icecubes. I'll try to get more details but was excited to share :)

Oh. My. Goodness. That is the best news. Thanks for the update!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! What wonderful news. :) I’m so happy for your friend.

What a strange place to find the diamond. But when something is lost and can’t be found for quite a while, it’s often because it’s where one least expects it.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
FOUND!!! In the ICE DRAWER!!! I still need to get a thorough rendition of the story but it either got scooped up in a glass of ice or came out of the ice dispenser in the door. Either way it was found mixed in with a glass of ice. So I'm guessing she knocked it off while grabbing a handful of icecubes. I'll try to get more details but was excited to share :)

Wow! There was collective good energy and prayers from PS. Glad this ended on a happy note.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable! What a heart warming story right here at Christmas. She must be overjoyed and I am delighted for her.
I echo the others - put it safely away until she decides on a reset and get that insurance!
Can’t wait to hear the entire story and see pics!!!

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock

I have been checking back to see if it was found, I really had a feeling she would find it. I am so HAPPY for your friend. This is fantastic, I am also updating me insurance because of this!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic!!! Wonderful news in time for Christmas :D

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garry H (Cut Nut) do you think this could have been something particular to the ice? It sometime else knocked lose and ice killed it? Just curious what your thoughts are knowing what you know. Thanks.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) do you think this could have been something particular to the ice? It sometime else knocked lose and ice killed it? Just curious what your thoughts are knowing what you know. Thanks.
If the person reached into the ice machine a lot and hit the ring its not likely to fly apart the first time without prior damage but by the 10th to 100th time all bets are off.
On the other hand getting it caught and pulling on it could do it the first time.
My thoughts are it was not the first time and the fractures built up over time.
Sometimes looking at the broke ends under a microscope you can tell if it broke over time.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
That is a great relief! The ring should have accumulated a lot of damage before it finally fall apart. It is always a good practice to take the engagement ring off the moment one reaches home.

I always wonder, isn't anything bigger than a 2 carat or 3 carat diamond ring very cumbersome to work with?

After upgraded from a 0.4c to 0.74c, I realized that I have to be very mindful of not smacking the ring head-on whenever I reach inside the narrow drawers or shelves and ensure that it doesn't catch something loose (and yank my diamond off) when I am putting on my woody sweater.

Although, I always make it a point to turn the diamond inwards (facing my palm) if I am doing all these, there are days which I forgot!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is crazy. Well I’m so happy for her!

HHtv

Rough_Rock
Maybe try later in the evening and use a uv light if it has fluorescence? Also if you’re vacuuming, try putting pantyhose over the end of the vacuum so the Diamond will be sitting in it and not sucked into the debris. Good luck !

just saw it was found! And in the ice drawer no doubt. So glad it was found safe.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Ahhhmaaayyzzzing! Like everyone, I'm so happy for your friend and have been following this post to see if it's been found!

We need the full story! How did she find it? Looking in the drawer? made something to drink and it was in the glass?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhmaaayyzzzing! Like everyone, I'm so happy for your friend and have been following this post to see if it's been found!

We need the full story! How did she find it? Looking in the drawer? made something to drink and it was in the glass?

imangine if someone swallowed it in their drink

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg. hahaaaa or chipped their tooth thinking they were chewing ice Lol!

i came across a tiny little stone in some peas the other day
not at all pleasent lucky i felt it in ny mouth before i bit down

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
i came across a tiny little stone in some peas the other day
not at all pleasent lucky i felt it in ny mouth before i bit down

lol now, imagine it being a 3ct stone. That stone would be worth finding, for the price of a crown!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
That's fantastic news!! Bet she must be crying tears of joy when she found it, so happy for her!!

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
Here's her version :)

IMG_2181838AB6F1-1.jpeg

And passing along her thanks for all of the advice and good energy! The diamond went straight to the safety deposit box where it will stay until its reinsured :) Hopefully reset after the new year. I'll share a pic when it's done. Thanks again you guys!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's her version :)

IMG_2181838AB6F1-1.jpeg

And passing along her thanks for all of the advice and good energy! The diamond went straight to the safety deposit box where it will stay until its reinsured :) Hopefully reset after the new year. I'll share a pic when it's done. Thanks again you guys!

We would love to see it when it is reset! Thanks for the update and best wishes for a safe and healthy holiday for all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results