shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond broke off. What would you do??

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back here in hopes that she has found her diamond in some random, not thought of place. I am just heartsick for her and will keep hoping that there is eventually good news to report.

+ a billion sending FINDING vibes across the miles.....

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
This is a heartbreaking situation. If it wasn’t for COVID restrictions I’m sure we’d be rallying an army of Pricescopers (and locals) to go on a thorough search and leave no spot unturned. I’m still hoping for a good outcome.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I am really sorry that your friend lost her diamond. I truly hope she finds it.

This is a long shot, but recently I was talking to my CC company and they indicated that there are some Visa benefits that may extend some insurance for an item that was lost or damaged and originally purchased with said credit card. I don’t know what their original source of payment was but maybe something to look into if applicable to them.

ETA: I also remember this case and for that I am not so sure that it is cut and dry as to when a lost diamond contributes to a negligence by the wearer or something else like a poorly manufactured setting holding a large diamond.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry about your friend’s ring. It may be possible she lost it washing her hands in a bathroom sink.....I would have a plumber come to disconnect the pipe under the sink to see if it’s in the trap. Heartbreaking..

Last edited:

Hiway2000

Rough_Rock
Wow - sad story. For that kind of loss, I would suggest opening every drain pea trap and disposal. If needed, she could hire a handyman or plumber. A stone that heavy should be in the pea trap if that's where it broke off.

I hope that she finds it - what a Merry Christmas that would make.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
FOUND!!! In the ICE DRAWER!!! I still need to get a thorough rendition of the story but it either got scooped up in a glass of ice or came out of the ice dispenser in the door. Either way it was found mixed in with a glass of ice. So I'm guessing she knocked it off while grabbing a handful of icecubes. I'll try to get more details but was excited to share :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
FOUND!!! In the ICE DRAWER!!! I still need to get a thorough rendition of the story but it either got scooped up in a glass of ice or came out of the ice dispenser in the door. Either way it was found mixed in with a glass of ice. So I'm guessing she knocked it off while grabbing a handful of icecubes. I'll try to get more details but was excited to share :)

:appl::appl::appl:I’m so happy for her!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CindyZ what a wonderful update!! So happy for your friend and that she has been reunited with her diamond! My advice for her would be to reset the stone into a sturdy 6 prong solitaire without pavè (with a different jeweler) and reinstate her insurance policy obviously.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so happy for her!!!!! I found my stud in the finger size space between the dishwasher top and the countertop bottom! I would never be able to do that again if I tried.

What a happy turn of events for her!

Now tell her to send it to David Klass in LA or Maytal Hannah or CVB Inspired Design and get it remade with at least 2mm shanks and get it fixed right!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YASSSS! so happy for your friend! I was reading this and so glad to hear! A Christmas M-I-R-A-C-L-E! Time to believe! what a blessing indeed!

-C4C

Last edited:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! I am so happy to hear she found it - what a relief! So very happy to see this update to this thread!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Lol the ice was found in the ice maker!

So relieved for her!
I would still want to hear what the psychic would say though haha

Its interesting to see how many people that aren't usually into that stuff will turn to it in times of need.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Just help her find a setting built like Fort Knox this time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

im so happy to read this !
i hope she gets it into a beautiful new more sturdy settling and updates her insurence policy as soon as finaces allow

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yay! what awesome news. do not let her get such a thin band/prongs next time! :lol-2:

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
That is fantastic news!! So happy to hear it; thank you for updating us!! =)2

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Unbelievable! Fantastic News!!!! It is crazy that she even noticed it mixed up with the ICE. This beats my story of finding my ring in the garbage disposal. This the best lost and found story I’ve ever heard!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fabulous news.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wonderful happy ending!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that's WONDERFUL!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Now tell her to TAKE IT TO THE BANK AND FOR GOD'S SAKE LEAVE IT THERE.
Yell if you need to!!
Don't unmount it.
Don't reset it.
This is what she should have done the day she paused her policy.

To do anything with it at all whilst uninsured would be senseless in the extreme.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome news! Merry Christmas to your friend, @CindyZ!

I think this is also a salutary lesson for everyone who says "But I'm soooooo gentle on my jewelry!" ALL of us do things with our hands while wearing jewelry that we aren't aware of, and that can potentially damage our pieces.

A heads up and a lesson for us all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results