shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond bangle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

My fiance would like me to choose a wedding present (I know, I know, the romance in this is not overwhelming, but he is clueless). He would like to buy me a diamond bangle. I really like the one from whiteflash, however it is shared prong, and I don't really think it matches my e-ring. I would like to be able to wear both at the same time and this would drive me insane.

I found this picture on pricescope, it's a fay cullen. Basically I want a bead set, with some miligrain on the sides.

Have any of you seen something like this from a reputed vendor on PS? Or should he tried to have it custom made (I don't even know if WF does custom made bangles)?

Thank you ladies!

bangleswed.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 9:50:29 AM
Author:allycat0303
Hi everyone,

My fiance would like me to choose a wedding present (I know, I know, the romance in this is not overwhelming, but he is clueless). He would like to buy me a diamond bangle. I really like the one from whiteflash, however it is shared prong, and I don't really think it matches my e-ring. I would like to be able to wear both at the same time and this would drive me insane.

I found this picture on pricescope, it's a fay cullen. Basically I want a bead set, with some miligrain on the sides.

Have any of you seen something like this from a reputed vendor on PS? Or should he tried to have it custom made (I don't even know if WF does custom made bangles)?

Thank you ladies!
It looks like a classic channel set with milgraining which is a popular design, I see no reason why you couldn't have one made Ally, or even find one for sale.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,

I''m actually having trouble with it. I''ve looked at all of Pearlmans'', whiteflash, engagement rings direct, facets, fay cullen (although I''m not insane about her stuff due to diamond quality). I think it''s the miligrain that is harder to find...and bead set.

Although now I''m thinking perhaps the whiteflash eternity bangle, being that it''s really small, won''t look so different from my e-ring.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
When the bangle is on your wrist I don''t think you''ll really be able to tell much of a difference between the bangle and your ring. They''re far enough away from each other to not need to be matchy matchy.

YAY for you though, how exciting!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

My fiance would like me to choose a wedding present (I know, I know, the romance in this is not overwhelming, but he is clueless). He would like to buy me a diamond bangle. I really like the one from whiteflash, however it is shared prong, and I don''t really think it matches my e-ring. I would like to be able to wear both at the same time and this would drive me insane.
Who cares about romance, embrace the sentiment. And then send him over to teach my hubby that same sentiment!
9.gif
2.gif

I think the WF eternity bangle would work. It''s worth a try anyway.
28.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:35:02 AM
Author: Ellen

Hi everyone,

My fiance would like me to choose a wedding present (I know, I know, the romance in this is not overwhelming, but he is clueless). He would like to buy me a diamond bangle. I really like the one from whiteflash, however it is shared prong, and I don''t really think it matches my e-ring. I would like to be able to wear both at the same time and this would drive me insane.
Who cares about romance, embrace the sentiment. And then send him over to teach my hubby that same sentiment!
9.gif
2.gif

28.gif
I must echo Ellen''s sentiment! My husband''s words exactly - "you mean I have to get you a wedding gift, TOO?"
2.gif

I''m sure WF would be able to miligrainn their eternity bangle?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just make sure you check the size of the bangle you are buying - particularly if you have small wrists. They can be very big on some small wrists. It helps if they are oval in shape. I bought my HOF bangle for this reason after trying on many, many bangles. I think jcrow got a WF bangle for her wedding gift - you can probably do a search under her name to come up with her. I seem to remember that she had a small wrist and maybe she thought the WF bangle was a bit big. If they are too big or clunky, they''re not comfortable or practical for everyday wear and you want to be able to wear any gorgeous piece of jewelry he gets you!

I have an tennis bracelet too that had to be cut down to fit. You will of course be able to get a better fit in a tennis bracelet. Just my .02 from someone who has been there, done that.

Aside from that, kudos to your fiancee for wanting to get you something wonderful as a gift!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone,

9.gif
2.gif

28.gif
Thritto -I gave up on romance a long time ago
11.gif
, I do the research and he pays - works for us!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany metro is a beautiful bangle. The prongs are so tiny you won''t notice the difference between bead set and prong set. What a fun project!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:44:27 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

I''m sure WF would be able to millgrain their eternity bangle?

That''s what I was wondering--that would be gorgeous!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok. I bit the bullet and wrote to WF about the possibility of a bangle with miligrain on the sides (and a little smaller size). I read somewhere on PS that WF can make a 6 inch bangle, for a $250 customization charge). But I really want with milgrain. So we''ll see.

I really want something I will wear everyday though, and I KNOW, if it doesn''t go exactly with my e-ring it will drive me crazy. Case in point my wedding band (which is beautiful by the way) I haven''t taken pictures of it because my e-ring needs to be polished and the color doesn''t match up with the wedding band which is that bright new shiny platinum look. I can''t wait to show it to you all though. It''s matchy without being too matchy.

I''m also a little concerned about it all being TOO much bling (sacrilege I know) but I wear only my engagement ring. No watch, no earrings, no necklace, so I hope this doesn''t end up being something I leave at home all the time.

PS. Well, I would have loved for him to pick out a bracelet for me, but he really didn''t know much about anything. Although he did get the idea because I mentioned a few months ago that Jcrow''s fiance surprised her with a beautiful bracelet on their wedding day. So he''s kind of stealing Mr.Jcrow''s idea. Oh well.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Allycat,

Good to see you. What is the budget?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Steel,

Good to see you (and your kitty avatar). It''s a pretty small budget. $2000, which is why I was primarily looking at the whiteflash shared prong bangle (at 1 ctw) or the eternity stackable ones, because they are pretty and affordable. I figure even if I don''t wear it alot, there should be no guilt associated.

If you see something, let me know. Thanks!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking through my vault of ''favourite - must buy sometime - wish lists'' and could not find the one I was looking for but here is some food for thought:

Overstock: Having a sale at the moment

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-Gold-3ct-Diamond-U-link-Tennis-Bracelet-G-H-I2-3/1435283/product.html
(Cute, 7" so links to be removed, huge ct weight, probable inclusions, U prong, nice price **euro**)

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-White-Gold-2ct-Diamond-7-Bezel-Tennis-Bracelet-K-SI/450999/product.html
(Cheaper, 7" again, less ct weight, K and probable inclusions, bezel, euro price again)

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-Yellow-or-White-Gold-2ct-Diamond-Millgrain-Tennis-Bracelet-G-H-I2-3/1435286/product.html
(****LOVE THIS*** Miligrain, 2ct, colour nice but inclusions, euro price again +1, very antique looking: tres bridal, buy,buy,buy!)

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-Yellow-Gold-1-2ct-TDW-Diamond-Bangle/2738100/product.html
(1st bangle, very pretty, but YG! found it in RG but not WG :( euro price again +2)

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/18k-White-Gold-2ct-TDW-Diamond-Bangle-Bracelet-G-H-SI1/2879700/product.html
(Same bangle, no miligrain, 2cts, over budget
39.gif
)

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-White-Gold-Sapphire-Bangle/2541749/product.html
(Something Blue!)

I will be back with more... let me know if I am getting warm, especially if I am getting toastie!!!!!!!!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Firenze now....

(Love some of their stuff - no personal experience)

http://www.firenzejewels.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2262
(Prongs give illusion of miligrain - no room on this bangle...just a tweak over budget - runs and hides)

http://www.firenzejewels.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=3021
(Love this. Sorry over budget again, but very oool - miligrain look from prongs)

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamonds/info/13-Bracelets-109-3308-000-Lady-s-1.37ct-diamond-and-18k-white-gold-tennis-bracelet-000-.html
(Unusual - scalloping gives miligrain look...)

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamonds/info/14-Bangles-37-1247-000-Lady-s-18k-white-gold-and-.66ct-diamond-bangle-bracelet-000-.html
(Wild-card)

This was the company that HAD a miligrain channel set bangle - but I cannot find it now....
38.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Steel,

You are so cute! (especially your comments under the links).

The YG from overstock is EXACTLY what I want but in white gold. ARGH!!! Why why why??? I saved that one to my desktop. At the very least I can send Jamie (from whiteflash) that picture so she knows whay I want. Actually, I''ll send it to her now. She wrote that a custom job is possible...but we''ll have to see for pricing.

Thank you so much!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look you are going for Ally. The detail of the milgrain will be sooo pretty. Let us know what they say.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Well, I just had a live chat with the nice folks over at overstock and they do not have the WG version in any ct weight.

Poo!

Is the price attractive? Would it be worth rhodium plating - is that even possible?

Ah, pants. I am sorry it didn''t work out.

15.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Steel,

I didn''t even know you could have a live chat with overstock, you are a sweetheart. I didn''t even think about plating. My gosh, your knowledge is unbelievable. I think it''s a very attractive price (if 1024$ CAD means Canadian)...hmm. And I''m betting it''s all nice a delicate like I want. Decisions, decisions. I''m going to see if plating possible. And at the very least, your search generated a picture of exactly what I want, so I won''t have to describe it to anyone. I think it depends on what whiteflash gives me as a quote too (fingers crossed).

I''m going to talk to fiance when he gets home. I think it''s going to look really good! I''m kind of really excited now!

Hugs! Thank you!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 6:07:17 PM
Author: allycat0303
Steel,

I didn''t even know you could have a live chat with overstock, you are a sweetheart. I didn''t even think about plating. My gosh, your knowledge is unbelievable. I think it''s a very attractive price (if 1024$ CAD means Canadian)...hmm. And I''m betting it''s all nice a delicate like I want. Decisions, decisions. I''m going to see if plating possible. And at the very least, your search generated a picture of exactly what I want, so I won''t have to describe it to anyone. I think it depends on what whiteflash gives me as a quote too (fingers crossed).

I''m going to talk to fiance when he gets home. I think it''s going to look really good! I''m kind of really excited now!

Hugs! Thank you!

I dont think you''d have a problem plating it at all. Depending on how much you wear it, you may/may not have to do it very often at all. One thing to keep in mind though, the quality of the stones your going to get from WF are going to be far more superior than the ones from overstock.com. I believe WF only uses the ACA for all their projects (I could be wrong here...but I think they do that). So, you may want to check into that before pulling the trigger!

YAY for a wedding gift! My hubby said the same thing to though...I have to spend all this money on a ring, a band, a wedding AND get you a gift? HUH? I told him I wanted a locket...so I''m a cheap date
20.gif

I can''t wait to see your bangle though! I''m super jealous! Oh, did you get your WB in yet? If you haven''t posted pics yet...I''d love to see them!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh shucks!

Happy to help.

The quality of diamonds is a valid concern especially for us ''high-maintenance PS gals''
11.gif

Overstock are a buy it and see company. If you don''t likey then return it. For me the price is worth the cost of shipping for a look-see.

I am sure you noticed the 10% sale at the moment - I imagine that is just for Valentine''s day.

If you want to talk to a sales rep I just type ''contact me'' in the search box and the live chat option comes up.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
redrose: I''ve had my wedding band for about 2 weeks
12.gif
, but haven''t posted because my e-ring is a little blah colored (patina) and the new wedding band doesn''t quite match, so I''m kind of waiting it out for now, because I need to have the e-ring repolished. It''s gorgeous though. 1.5 mm width, bead set, milgrain with some fancy scroll work. Kind of matches my e-ring but much more delicate. I''ll post pics after my e-ring gets a little maintenance. A locket is beautiful wedding gift though, can''t wait to see that.

Steel: Us high maintenance gals indeed. Jamie got the picture, and she submitted it to the design team. So much easier! I''ll have a response in 24 hours. Funny, because before you found the picture, I was kind of like "uhmm is this even going to look good?" The fay cullen one is a little more chunky then I prefer.

Oh. Maybe I should have some scrollwork added onto the side of the bangle to (to match my wedding band) hmmm....I''ll wait on that for now, because I really want to keep it under budget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 11:50:17 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hi everyone,

9.gif
2.gif

28.gif
11.gif
x4

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally, my bet is that it will cost more to have it custom made. Surely someone makes a high quality milgrain diamond bangle!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you were looking for a bangle...but I think THIS is to die for! And who knows...maybe they'd come down on the price a bit...???

At first I thought your budget was very nice, but taking a look at some bangles, DANG they have a price tag on them! But I LOVE THIS ONE if it had a lower price point! I guess I better start working on my hubby now...
11.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANd I really like THIS ONE and it has a great price point. Scroll to the bottom and it takes about lifetime upgrades, garentee, polishing, and their stones are GIA graded...and its just a wee bit above budget (I bet you could talk them down
11.gif
)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker: It probably will cost a lot for a custom job. But I did get a really reasonable quote for my mom's ring, so we'll have to see. It seems like EVERYONE would make a high quality 0.5-1 carat diamond bangle with milgrain, but I haven't found one yet. I don't mind if it's 0.5 ctw, so we'll see. It's a shame though, because the shared prong diamond bangle at WF is $1195, which is REALLY reasonable, and the eternity 1545$ full bangle is also do-able too (and the eternity one is 1.6 mm, which would probably be beautiful delicate like I want).

Hmm...maybe adwar has one. I could buy that and have ACA put into it. I think whiteflash would do that. I'm off to search for the elusive miligrain bangle on adwar.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:32:34 PM
Author: redrose229
ANd I really like THIS ONE and it has a great price point. Scroll to the bottom and it takes about lifetime upgrades, garentee, polishing, and their stones are GIA graded...and its just a wee bit above budget (I bet you could talk them down
11.gif
)
redrose,
Please check your email. In the future, if you get an error message, you can contact us.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 7:44:49 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 2/11/2009 11:50:17 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hi everyone,

9.gif
2.gif

28.gif
11.gif
x4
LOL!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results