shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond availability?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Monkey7247, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. Monkey7247
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    8
    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2002
    by Monkey7247 » Feb 4, 2002
    hi, i have been lurking here for a while and searching for a diamond for a couple of months...it seems that what i'm looking for isn't available...there are a few that are close though...the question is, should i wait for one to become available, or should i just grab one that's close enough...also, if i do wait, how long does it take for new diamonds to come available?...it seems like evry time i look, the same ones are still there...no new ones...are there special times in the year when they are restocked in the US?...sorry for all the question...thanks
     
    


    


  2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

    Messages:
    1,317
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 1999
    by lawmax » Feb 4, 2002
    What are you looking for?
     
  3. Monkey7247
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    8
    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2002
    by Monkey7247 » Feb 4, 2002
    hi lawmax, thanks for the reply...i'm looking for a 2A square princess cut with vg-ex pol/sym

    0.94-1.05 square princess
    G-H color
    VS1-VS2 clarity
    vg/-ex pol/sym
    depth- 64-75% (64-72 preferred)
    table- 59-72%
    as close to square as possible (the setting i'm looking at would shift the stone 45 degrees from the typical princess setting)

    am i looking for something unreasonable? getting too bogged down in the details?
     
  4. moediamond
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    60
    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2000
    by moediamond » Feb 4, 2002
    Hi Monk,

    You're not looking for something unreasonable.
    It's great to see a consumer know exactly what they are looking for.
    Although it's a bit rare for a VG/EX combo, you should be able to find one.
    Stones are updated on a daily basis, so new stuff comes in all the time.:))
     
    


    


  5. Monkey7247
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    8
    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2002
    by Monkey7247 » Feb 5, 2002
    good to hear from you, moe...i suppose i'll wait until one becomes available...how much would you expect to pay for something like this?...i'm guessing somewhere around 4000, just from the other diamonds i've been able to find on pricescope
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Share This Page