shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond and Platinum DBTY-Style Bracelet from Whiteflash

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I am sharing my Whiteflash by the Yard .80 ctw diamond platinum bracelet.

I wanted a diamond bracelet that I could wear daily with my platinum and white gold wedding set. I felt that a tennis bracelet or diamond bangle worn with my rings and pendant would be too much for me, and that a diamond by the yard style bracelet would provide the low key sparkle I wanted. After pricing out several different options, I narrowed my options to either a 5 x .15 or 8 x .10 platinum bracelet from Whiteflash. After receiving wise insight from other PSers on my capsule jewelry wardrobe thread (thanks, ladies!), I decided on the latter.

I also contacted a couple of other vendors, but ultimately Whiteflash was the one that could create exactly what I wanted in my budget. Customer service from all vendors was excellent. Turnaround time was about 2.5 weeks including shipping. Since I read every diamond by the yard thread ever posted on PS while deciding on this piece, I am posting my bracelet for future obsessive researchers or any other interested readers.

DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0386.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

I asked my husband to take some perspective shots, as this was difficult for me to imagine when deciding on sizes. As you can see in the perspective views, there is no appreciable difference compared to the Tiffany DBTY bracelet (shown here with 5 x .08 ).

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 10.57.06 PM.png

DSCF0426.jpg

(My ladies had to be part of the action.)

DSCF0418.jpg

My wrist size is 6.5" and the bracelet is 7".

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

The clasp:

DSCF0396.jpg

A downside is that this will not work with my watch, since it immediately slips underneath. Perhaps removing a link would solve the problem, as I wear my watch pretty loosely. Most likely I will choose to wear my watch less.

DSCF0395.jpg

Here is the bracelet with my daily platinum and white gold jewelry. (I also wear rose gold rings on my right hand daily.)

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg

This is a quiet and elegant piece that I think will work well as part of my capsule jewelry wardrobe. I am so happy I decided on many smaller stones, since the overall look I want is more about little sparklies than individual stones. Honestly, if 8 x .15 has been in my budget, I would have done that! And I can see myself sending it back to Whiteflash to double the stations several years in the future, if I decide I want more visual impact. For now it feels perfect. I have never worn a bracelet before and I am enjoying the way it softly drapes and slides.

Of course, the stones flip constantly, but as other DBTY owners have attested, they are sparkly on both sides, so no problem. I can feel the culets lightly scratching against my sensitive skin, but I'm noticing it less already, so anticipate that it will not be an issue.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Last edited:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful on you!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you. I love your description of it as quiet and elegant - very apt.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it all!!! You make me want a purple spinel ring. And I love your clothes.

Bravo on the new bracelet and the photos are lovely- it looks like a magazine spread!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
An incredible collection and absolute perfection! I love seeing your bling wardrobe grow with such clear vision. It’s magazine-worthy to be honest.

Your personal style is just beautiful. This new bracelet suits you! More pictures pretty please!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Your new bracelet is gorgeous! Thank you for all the beautiful pictures. You have a collection that I really admire, and I truly enjoy seeing your new additions.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Looks perfect on. I am a real fan of dbty bracelets and necklaces too.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect addition! Understated yet eye-catching. Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! :love: I actually made the exact same decision. As much as I love a tennis bracelet, it is just too much for my very casual lifestyle. I have very few dressy events. So I also have a WF DBTY bracelet and long 36" necklace, and at this moment, I am having a 17" matching necklace made!!! I am really into having staple pieces to wear daily, but the necklace was something I have tried and couldn't figure out what I'd like to wear all the time. And finally I realized a DBTY short necklace would work with everything! So I think you made a wonderful choice and it looks perfect with the rest of your lovely collection!

(Oh, and your pictures are gorgeous! Love the roses books, roses, and chickens in the background!)

Last edited:

collier

Shiny_Rock
Your new bracelet is splendid and goes perfectly with your other pieces. Congrats!

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
oh that's so beautiful! it's a fine balance between simple, elegant and those diamonds really pop! makes me want to get one!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful! :love: I actually made the exact same decision. As much as I love a tennis bracelet, it is just too much for my very casual lifestyle. I have very few dressy events. So I also have a WF DBTY bracelet and long 36" necklace, and at this moment, I am having a 17" matching necklace made!!! I am really into having staple pieces to wear daily, but the necklace was something I have tried and couldn't figure out what I'd like to wear all the time. And finally I realized a DBTY short necklace would work with everything! So I think you made a wonderful choice and it looks perfect with the rest of your lovely collection!

(Oh, and your pictures are gorgeous! Love the roses books, roses, and chickens in the background!)

Thank you, DS! Seeing pictures of your bracelet definitely helped me decide that the DBTY style was the best choice. And now you have me thinking about a matching necklace. :) I look forward to seeing yours when it's ready.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke I just love your threads! Your style is elegant and flawless, and your pictures are all beautiful, right down to the colours in your props and backgrounds, and the lovely clothes you wear. I love DBTYs and yours is the perfect example, and it fits right into your already stunning collection.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful and classic, and complements your style and capsule wardrobe so well :love:

I prefer station style bracelets with smaller stones spaced more closely together over fewer larger stones too. Dewdrops glistening on the skin. And smaller the stones the less visible the flipping!

Love your ladies too ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke -

Your collection just goes from strength to strength. What a classy, perfect addition to your collection! I think the extra number of diamond stations was an excellent call; the multiple stations visible at any one time look lovely! I love its casual je ne sais quoi against your watch, too, and it extends the blingy diamond look from your ears, to your neck, down to your wrist and fingers.

This is a perfect for you. Congratulations on such an elegant addition! :wavey:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Effortlessly elegant and beautifully understated. Your collection is perfection. Please can you point me in the direction of your thread on curating a collection - I feel I may need to take a few notes!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Your bracelet is beautiful. Thanks for your post, a DBTY bracelet is on my wish list and this was very helpful especially on the issue of the larger v smaller stones.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what lovely comments to read this morning amidst a whirl of toddler chaos in my home! I will respond more fully soon. For now, here is a quick bracelet action shot while I hide out from my kids in my library.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200801104052949_COVER~2.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Timeless and elegant. You have a lovely collection. Enjoy your new addition. And I must say, your photos are quite nice.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@DorotheaBrooke this looks perfect on your wrist. As @MissGotRocks said, a very feminine look. Also, love that dress!

Also, without asking for too much info, would you be willing to share any details as far as how it priced out in comparison to the similar Tiffany bracelet you showed? Similar/lower/much lower? TY!

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
What a delightful piece! And it's just perfect with the rest of your collection. Brava!

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
What a great bracelet choice. Nice photo session, too. Especially like the red rose photos...and I have the same Vintage Roses book. :))

Thanks for sharing your aesthetic and bracelet here. Hope you enjoy some more appreciative calm and me time looking down at that loveliness. 8)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely on you. Are you a secret hand model?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, without asking for too much info, would you be willing to share any details as far as how it priced out in comparison to the similar Tiffany bracelet you showed? Similar/lower/much lower? TY!

Hopefully she will see your question, but I thought I'd mention that I have two DBTY pieces from Whiteflash and am making another one now, and they all ran well under half (closer to a third) of the similar ones on the T site. I consider the quality totally equal and the diamonds may be a step up. I generally change something in order not to exactly copy theirs (different number of bezels or size of diamonds, for example). That bezel diamond style has been around for much longer than T has had them, though!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Your curated jewelry collection is a joy to behold! I love that your aesthetic is reflected in every piece. Lovely bracelet. Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results