shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond and aquamarine engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

When we got engaged, we had no extra money for luxuries like an engagement ring, so for the last five and a half years I have just been wearing a simple band. Well I saved our pennies and decided that getting my ring would be possible. I looked at many, many all diamond engagement rings (which led me to Pricescope!) and I realised that a diamond of the size I wanted was out of my reach.

Then I saw this ring! I fell in love with the setting and decided that down the road, I could get a diamond to replace the aquamarine. Well when I went to the store they had all diamond rings in this same design and they just looked very boring to me, more sparkle than an aquamarine, but no contrast so the design kind of disappeared. I doubt I will ever replace the aquamarine now (unless it gets damaged, and then with another aquamarine, or perhaps a pale sapphire.)

So this ring was a long time in the waiting, but definitely worth it. I absolutely love it! I also love that it is unconventional as an engagement ring.

The pictures do not do it justice, the diamonds are very scintillating IRL.

It is platinum with a 1.05ct aquamarine and .91 tcw of diamonds, G colour and VVS in clarity.

Thanks for looking, I will post more pictures after this one.

I wish you well,

Bridget

e ring front.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture.

e ring side.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and the diamonds do not look at all yellow. The lighting is doing that.

e ring top.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Last picture : )

e ring plastic front.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Can I tell you that that is just SO PRETTY!!!!!
1.gif
I think of flowers and also huggs and kisses (XOX)!!! And the color is beautiful!! I wouldn't even put a diamond in there...it's perfect the way it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
appl.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is SO pretty! SO different and I love the way it's layed out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very beautiful. I'm glad you love it. I'm a coloured person myself so I'm always glad to see another person with a coloured stone e-ring.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I just think the world of your ring! Its so unique and is truly an eye catcher. Great job!
appl.gif

I am a HUGE fan of aquamarine but I have never seen one that sparkles quite like that one. Its gorgeous!!!

Wear it always in good health!

-Sarah
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I'm glad you were able to get something unique that you love.
It's a sparkler for sure.
Enjoy

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Bridget, that is just so very pretty. And dainty too! Got any hand shots?

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I second the call for hand shots.
1.gif

That's a lovely ring. I originally looked at something like that ring, but it looks much better with the blue in the middle. It's such a nice colour
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a very pretty ring ... very different too. I love the marquises in it.

jnt

Rough_Rock
I love aquas!!! It's my fiancee' birthstone. One day I am thinking of getting her a set including earrings, a hair pin, necklace and bracelet.

A very close friend of mine just got engaged as well...with, you guessed it, an aquamarine solitare set in plat with bead set diamonds around the band...it is very striking.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my, what a winner. Congrats all around!

Sharon

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That's really pretty. I'm glad you've decided to keep it as your e-ring!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Bridget-

That is just so breathtaking. I think it's absolutely perfect the way it is!!! Thanks for the pics, now please do post a hand shot!
1.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the wonderful compliments on my ring. I sprained my thumb on Wednesday so when my left hand stops resembling Mickey Mouse's left hand, I will take some pictures of it on my hand : ) Being a fairly new poster, should I just add pictures to this thread or start a new one?

I wish you well,

Bridget

hannah

Rough_Rock
It's so pretty
appl.gif

Best wishes!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a cool ring, i've never seen an aquamarine this sparkly. Very pretty.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Bridget...

What a beautiful Ring. If I am not mistaken, Tiffany's does something very similar with a Sapphire in the center. If I find the link I will post it for you.

Congratulations!

Roppongi

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have never seen an aqua with such a beautiful color--it's like a perfect blue sky!
love.gif
And the icy white diamonds show it off beautifully... It is a gorgeous and unique piece. You did very well indeed!
9.gif

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness....I’m so in love with your ring, I love it.....love it
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
! Is it from Tiffany's I’ve been eyeing theirs for awhile......Can't wait to see some hand pics.....I think you can just post them in this folder....that's how I did it!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is a stunner. WOW! It''s really different, and a beauty to boot.

novellanicole

Rough_Rock
I like that you went untraditonal. Color is wonderful!!!!
17.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I remembered reading one of your posts about the matcing earrings, I have got them and LOVE them. Anywho a pair sapphire ones are up on Pearlman''s for 3,600$. Yummy!
18.gif

They are tempting even with the others...LOVE THEM!

sapphirestunnersforbras.JPG

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matatora, those earrings are just beautiful! I love the Victoria collection. One day I will have the matching earrings, probably I would choose to get the pendant first. Maybe for an upcoming anniversary. I do have small ears and I wonder if the earrings will not be too overwhelming for me, that''s why I would choose the pendant first. I can always wear a plain pair of studs with the pendant. Thanks for letting me know about these, I can always drool over them : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Those earrings are beautiful!!!
30.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very pretty!!! That aqua is a spectacular color!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have short earlobs. A blessing when buying studs. I have these earrings with the aquamarine rounds, as that is my birthstone. I adore them, though I do not wear them often becuase I am in college and they are a bit much for day wear when working with small children.
What sort of wedding band do you wear with your ring?

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t wear my Victoria ring everyday, basically when I need a pick me up or special occassions. It makes it seem more special then when I do wear it and admire how beautiful it is. I work as an Office Manager and I sometimes have to go out in the warehouse and I find it just a bit much. When I wear my Victoria ring I wear a 2mm Lucida platinum band with it. On other days I wear this wedding ring. It''s beautiful, but not too much for everyday wear.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results