shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Aficionados - Help me find my 25th Anniversary stone

Purrfectlove

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers,

Some months ago my husband suggested that for our 25th wedding anniversary, we upgrade my engagement ring. It took me a while for sentimental reasons to think about changing. Then I started looking here and I was hooked.

We had never considered buying a loose stone before but now realise it’s the only way to go and have decided on something between 1.8 and 2 cts. We’ve narrowed down our choices to 3 stones and would really appreciate some feedback and opinions.

Two of the stones are J color and I don’t know if I’ll find them to be too warm looking. The last stone doesn’t rate as well as the first two when I run it through the HCA tool. I've asked if the Si1 is eye clean but haven't had an answer yet and haven't asked yet how white the Js face up.

If you could maybe even grade them from first to third that would be so helpful.

Stone A
Carat 1.9
Color J
Clarity Si1
Table 56
Depth 61.7
Crown Angle 34.8
Pav angle 40.8

picture_1.jpg

picture_2.jpg

picture_3.jpg

STONE B
Carat 1.81
Color I
Clarity VS1
Table 55.2
Depth 61.6
Crown 34.5
Pav 40.6

picture_4_0.jpg

picture_5_0.jpg

picture_6.jpg

STONE C
Carat 1.94
Color J
Clarity VS2
Table 56.6
Depth 61.9
Crown 34.8
Pav 40.9

picture_7.jpg

picture_8.jpg

picture_9.jpg

Our Anniversary was four weeks ago. We underestimated how involved our search would be and we seem to have been looking forever.
I think I've managed all this without mistakes.

Many thanks for all your help.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Diamond Aficionados - Help me find my 25th Anniversary s

All very nice stone, but if I had to pick one it would be #2

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The color will be more noticeable in the long run than the slight difference in size. I'd go for color. #2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1446536748|3945048 said:

Ditto or is it tritto?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Another vote for stone b! Congratulations to both of you on your anniversary! :wavey:

Purrfectlove

Rough_Rock

Thanks Dancing Fire for your thoughts. This is my first choice too.

Purrfectlove

Rough_Rock

Niel|1446547202|3945059 said:
The color will be more noticeable in the long run than the slight difference in size. I'd go for color. #2

Thanks for your thoughts Niel.
I am a bit apprehensive about the J color also. I haven't seen a J in real life and I know some people are delighted with them and they prove to be excellent value for money, but I'm worried that I would really notice a difference.

Purrfectlove

Rough_Rock

tyty333|1446561116|3945087 said:

Ditto or is it tritto?

I think I like tritto more :)
Thanks for your help

Purrfectlove

Rough_Rock

Rockinruby|1446567988|3945125 said:
Another vote for stone b! Congratulations to both of you on your anniversary! :wavey:

Thanks for your vote Rockinruby.
Thanks also for your congratulations. Don' t know where the years have gone. Are we really this old?? :lol:

Purrfectlove

Rough_Rock

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'd love it if you could give me some more advice.

Stone #2 has been my first choice for a few weeks and although this vendor is one of my first choices for the stone, I couldn't find a setting from him that I loved and so I've been looking elsewhere.

I have now found that setting, BUT.... the second vendor won't accept the diamond from the first since I don't live in the US and therefore would not be able to insure the stone while it is being manufactured.

Stone #3 is a stone that the "setting" vendor says that he can provide from his inventory. As you all agree, it isn't as nice a stone, although it is $2000 cheaper.

My choices are that I could buy my first choice stone and set it in a cheaper setting since it wouldn't be my ideal choice. Or, do I settle on #3 in my ideal setting.

Once set, do you think that stone #3 would still prove to be a beautiful stone or do you think that #2 would outshine it. If this is the usual procedure with insurance when moving diamonds around, then does this mean that once I purchase stone #2, I would find it difficult to have it set anywhere else in the US.

Sorry for the long winded post but any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results