shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CalSyd

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone first post here, what a great board, good to see a nice busy board on what can be a very confusing subject to most of us consumers out there.

I am looking at buying my ''first'' diamond for an engagement ring and have found one I think I like, I would like to hear peoples opinion on it.
My partner liked princess cut diamonds to start with but then liked the brilliance of the blilliant cuts... now we have found the ''square ideal cut with hearts and arrows'' diamonds and these seam like a good mix of what we like about both princess and brilliant cut diamonds... for anyone not familiar with square ideal diamond www.diamondexchange.com.au has details

The following is the specification of the diamond we like the best at the moment.

Cut: Square Ideal
Color: F
Clarity : VS1
Weight : .74

Girdle, Faceted, Thin to extremely thick (this is the one thing I don''t like, but apparently a large range of thickness is normal with square ideal diamonds??)
Polish, Excellent
Symetry, Very Good
Fluoresance, None

No Extra comments on the GIA certificate.
GIA has Shape and Cutting style as, ''CUSHION BRILLIANT''
The inclusions are pinpoint and feather, On the diagram on the GIA cert I can''t even see the feather inclusion...

I guess I am just looking for confirmation I haven''t forgotten anything??

I would also like to know if DiamondExchange has a good reputation, would like to hear from anyone who has delt with them...

Thank you for your time.
Callum

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girdle, Faceted, Thin to extremely thick (this is the one thing I don''t like, but apparently a large range of thickness is normal with square ideal diamonds??) <--- thats the way they are cut its a given with that cut. There are other high performance squares that isnt the case for.

Johan from www.diamondexchange.com.au posts here and is well respected.

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/profile/myprofile.asp?userID=679

CalSyd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, should learn to use the search''s better hey...

Now my quest for a suitable jeweller in sydney will begin...

Thanks again.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results