shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond advice please

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Hi I’m looking to buy this diamond and I’d like some advice please.

It’s a round .90 I SI1

It has well cut proportions (I think) and comes up as 0.9 on HCA.

My only concern is the cloud inclusion. Every time I view the video and image nothing looks visible to me.

I also enquired through to the vendor and this was their response:

EC290492-6B06-4B76-A744-4DED63E72314.jpeg

Here are the diamond details and image. Thanks in advance.

7594C7E3-D0C4-4D1D-97E4-0A6BE4F3F842.jpeg
504EBBA9-B777-4D22-A5BE-660BEBFCBB6E.jpeg A09A3FF6-592E-43DD-9523-8238EDF4DD5B.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the "slightly milky" comment, and I personally don't see any "milky" stuff in there. Do you have a link to the video?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any milkiness at all. My only piece of hesitation is where the cloud is/how big it is, etc. A cloud being the only inclusion on an SI1 makes me nervous.

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
I don't see any milkiness at all. My only piece of hesitation is where the cloud is/how big it is, etc. A cloud being the only inclusion on an SI1 makes me nervous.

I know me too. I did ask for the location of the cloud and that was the response as previously mentioned.

However I have bought another .90 SI before and the only inclusion listed was a feather. Which was only a tiny little black dot on the edge of the diamond. It never bothered me as it is a small sized diamond. So I was hoping it could be a similar scenario with this diamond and the cloud inclusion.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know me too. I did ask for the location of the cloud and that was the response as previously mentioned.

However I have bought another .90 SI before and the only inclusion listed was a feather. Which was only a tiny little black dot on the edge of the diamond. It never bothered me as it is a small sized diamond. So I was hoping it could be a similar scenario with this diamond and the cloud inclusion.

Ask BN where the cloud is since the report doesn’t show.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe, except clouds can affect the transparancy/brilliance, whereas feathers typically don't if they are on the edge and aren't giant on the table, etc. I would probably avoid an SI1 where the only inclusion is a cloud (and therefore the inclusion that gives the grade is just a cloud), but I'm not an expert on inclusion types. @flyingpig and @Karl_K do you have thoughts? @Karl_K I know you can't comment on a stone from a vendor as you are in trade, but if I asked: "would you hesitate to buy a stone if a cloud was the only inclusion as it was an SI1", are you allowed to answer?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask BN where the cloud is since the report doesn’t show.

OP asked that already and got the response above, which is confusing.

Reactions: caf

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Maybe, except clouds can affect the transparancy/brilliance, whereas feathers typically don't if they are on the edge and aren't giant on the table, etc. I would probably avoid an SI1 where the only inclusion is a cloud (and therefore the inclusion that gives the grade is just a cloud), but I'm not an expert on inclusion types. @flyingpig and @Karl_K do you have thoughts? @Karl_K I know you can't comment on a stone from a vendor as you are in trade, but if I asked: "would you hesitate to buy a stone if a cloud was the only inclusion as it was an SI1", are you allowed to answer?

Yes expert advice would be great.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
"would you hesitate to buy a stone if a cloud was the only inclusion as it was an SI1",
Yes these days.
If it was reviewed by someone I trust and a good return policy for the right diamond at the right price I would take a chance and view it myself.

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Ok then BN has 30 day return policy.

So which would be the best way to view the cloud/clouds? In certain lighting or environment?

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
That diamond is gone but I found another one. Cut proportions good enough? I did a HCA check came up at 0.6.

I’d appreciate the assistance. Thanks.
378D3A47-390C-4D30-AECA-914790ADD50D.jpeg

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
The portions look great. We need a video to check potential light leakage.

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
I got some images, any issues with the black areas near the arrows from 9-3 o'clock?. Please assist. Thanks.

A18394A8-BB8E-4A18-ABB4-AC105720EF8B.jpeg 4B407CAE-F4F0-4FA6-91C6-5EC27A5D5FB3.jpeg

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
I would look for clear inclusions in a Si1 stone not black. Did you ask if it was eye clean?

I contacted vendor but they have to bring in stone to confirm eye cleanliness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results