Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond advice please

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Hi I’m looking to buy this diamond and I’d like some advice please.

It’s a round .90 I SI1

It has well cut proportions (I think) and comes up as 0.9 on HCA.

My only concern is the cloud inclusion. Every time I view the video and image nothing looks visible to me.

I also enquired through to the vendor and this was their response:

EC290492-6B06-4B76-A744-4DED63E72314.jpeg

Here are the diamond details and image. Thanks in advance.

7594C7E3-D0C4-4D1D-97E4-0A6BE4F3F842.jpeg
504EBBA9-B777-4D22-A5BE-660BEBFCBB6E.jpeg A09A3FF6-592E-43DD-9523-8238EDF4DD5B.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any milkiness at all. My only piece of hesitation is where the cloud is/how big it is, etc. A cloud being the only inclusion on an SI1 makes me nervous.

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
I don't see any milkiness at all. My only piece of hesitation is where the cloud is/how big it is, etc. A cloud being the only inclusion on an SI1 makes me nervous.
I know me too. I did ask for the location of the cloud and that was the response as previously mentioned.

However I have bought another .90 SI before and the only inclusion listed was a feather. Which was only a tiny little black dot on the edge of the diamond. It never bothered me as it is a small sized diamond. So I was hoping it could be a similar scenario with this diamond and the cloud inclusion.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know me too. I did ask for the location of the cloud and that was the response as previously mentioned.

However I have bought another .90 SI before and the only inclusion listed was a feather. Which was only a tiny little black dot on the edge of the diamond. It never bothered me as it is a small sized diamond. So I was hoping it could be a similar scenario with this diamond and the cloud inclusion.
Ask BN where the cloud is since the report doesn’t show.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe, except clouds can affect the transparancy/brilliance, whereas feathers typically don't if they are on the edge and aren't giant on the table, etc. I would probably avoid an SI1 where the only inclusion is a cloud (and therefore the inclusion that gives the grade is just a cloud), but I'm not an expert on inclusion types. @flyingpig and @Karl_K do you have thoughts? @Karl_K I know you can't comment on a stone from a vendor as you are in trade, but if I asked: "would you hesitate to buy a stone if a cloud was the only inclusion as it was an SI1", are you allowed to answer?

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Maybe, except clouds can affect the transparancy/brilliance, whereas feathers typically don't if they are on the edge and aren't giant on the table, etc. I would probably avoid an SI1 where the only inclusion is a cloud (and therefore the inclusion that gives the grade is just a cloud), but I'm not an expert on inclusion types. @flyingpig and @Karl_K do you have thoughts? @Karl_K I know you can't comment on a stone from a vendor as you are in trade, but if I asked: "would you hesitate to buy a stone if a cloud was the only inclusion as it was an SI1", are you allowed to answer?
Yes expert advice would be great.

Karl_K

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"would you hesitate to buy a stone if a cloud was the only inclusion as it was an SI1",
Yes these days.
If it was reviewed by someone I trust and a good return policy for the right diamond at the right price I would take a chance and view it myself.

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Ok then BN has 30 day return policy.

So which would be the best way to view the cloud/clouds? In certain lighting or environment?

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
That diamond is gone but I found another one. Cut proportions good enough? I did a HCA check came up at 0.6.

I’d appreciate the assistance. Thanks.
378D3A47-390C-4D30-AECA-914790ADD50D.jpeg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.