shape
carat
color
clarity

Diameter of a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
If the diameter of a 1.091 ct RB stone is given as 6.59 x 6.63 x 4.07, what do these numbers represent? I thought I knew, but I don''t
32.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It means that the stone measures (table up) - 6.59mm in one direction by 6.63mm in the other (the stone is not 'perfectly' round there is a 0.04mm difference, but I doubt you'd know without a pair of calipers!)

The stone is 4.07mm deep from the top of the table to the culet (pointed bit at the bottom of the pavillion)

Hope that helps

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pandora--yes, this helps. What is an acceptable variance in a round stone? I'm a bit on the OCD side
23.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you need to worry. Have a look at a ruler and see if you can even see how big 0.04mm is!

I do have a book that has numbers on all these kind of details. Unfortunately I was reading it in bed last night and FI is asleep right now so I can't go and look it up! (I have to get a train at 5.30am and decided it would be less painful just to not go to sleep so it's a ridiculously early hour here in the UK right now) Sorry!

I'm sure a few others will come alone and give opinions before long!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 11:03:25 PM
Author: risingsun
Hi Pandora--yes, this helps. What is an acceptable variance in a round stone? I'm a bit on the OCD side
23.gif
.10 variance shouldn't be a problem. i.e. 6.48 x 6.55 . 4.07

If you were to get more beyond that (i.e. 6.41 x 6.55), that would be getting out of round.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results