Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Diameter of a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
If the diameter of a 1.091 ct RB stone is given as 6.59 x 6.63 x 4.07, what do these numbers represent? I thought I knew, but I don''t

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It means that the stone measures (table up) - 6.59mm in one direction by 6.63mm in the other (the stone is not 'perfectly' round there is a 0.04mm difference, but I doubt you'd know without a pair of calipers!)

The stone is 4.07mm deep from the top of the table to the culet (pointed bit at the bottom of the pavillion)

Hope that helps

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pandora--yes, this helps. What is an acceptable variance in a round stone? I'm a bit on the OCD side

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you need to worry. Have a look at a ruler and see if you can even see how big 0.04mm is!

I do have a book that has numbers on all these kind of details. Unfortunately I was reading it in bed last night and FI is asleep right now so I can't go and look it up! (I have to get a train at 5.30am and decided it would be less painful just to not go to sleep so it's a ridiculously early hour here in the UK right now) Sorry!

I'm sure a few others will come alone and give opinions before long!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 11:03:25 PM
Author: risingsun
Hi Pandora--yes, this helps. What is an acceptable variance in a round stone? I'm a bit on the OCD side
.10 variance shouldn't be a problem. i.e. 6.48 x 6.55 . 4.07

If you were to get more beyond that (i.e. 6.41 x 6.55), that would be getting out of round.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.