shape
carat
color
clarity

diameter of 2 ct stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know what are the appropriate measurements for a 2 carat diamond? I realize that the table% and depth% are relative, but are there certain measurements that are more proportional for this carat weight? Specifically, if the diameter is greater, would this suggest that the angles are smaller? I am considering the following two diamonds that are GIA certified. I do plan to ask for a Sarin report. Any comments would be helpful! Thank you.

Round 2 G VS1 GIA 61.9% 58% 8.01-8.08-4.98 thn-med f no vg ex no

Round 2.05 G VS1 GIA 61.2% 57% 8.22-8.27x5.05 no ex ex no

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Is it even worth asking for a Sarin report on the following stone or is the depth too shallow in proportion to its diameter? Thank you for all of your input!

2.01 G VS1 59.5% 58% GIA tn-m no vg ex no 8.20-8.30x4.91

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Greta, don't count out the 59.5% depth stone. Sometimes those stones that are traditionally considered slightly shallow turn out to be real screamers. That stone looks like it has real possibilities for being a traffic stopper.

You just need the full specs.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

The second stone didn't look too bad either...

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Rich, thank you very much for your input!

Does anybody else have any ideas?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: They are both ok! I prefer the second one if it is the same price more or less. just beacause the dimentions are a bit bigger and it has ex-ex
Did you check sites to compare prices?
also note that if not in your state, no sales tax.

diamondsman:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results