shape
carat
color
clarity

diameter of 2 ct stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know what are the appropriate measurements for a 2 carat diamond? I realize that the table% and depth% are relative, but are there certain measurements that are more proportional for this carat weight? Specifically, if the diameter is greater, would this suggest that the angles are smaller? I am considering the following two diamonds that are GIA certified. I do plan to ask for a Sarin report. Any comments would be helpful! Thank you.

Round 2 G VS1 GIA 61.9% 58% 8.01-8.08-4.98 thn-med f no vg ex no

Round 2.05 G VS1 GIA 61.2% 57% 8.22-8.27x5.05 no ex ex no

something is wrong with the first stone - the spread is too small. The second looks possible.

Is it even worth asking for a Sarin report on the following stone or is the depth too shallow in proportion to its diameter? Thank you for all of your input!

2.01 G VS1 59.5% 58% GIA tn-m no vg ex no 8.20-8.30x4.91

Greta, don't count out the 59.5% depth stone. Sometimes those stones that are traditionally considered slightly shallow turn out to be real screamers. That stone looks like it has real possibilities for being a traffic stopper.

You just need the full specs.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

The second stone didn't look too bad either...

Rich, thank you very much for your input!

Does anybody else have any ideas?

:wavey: They are both ok! I prefer the second one if it is the same price more or less. just beacause the dimentions are a bit bigger and it has ex-ex
Did you check sites to compare prices?
also note that if not in your state, no sales tax.

diamondsman:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP