shape
carat
color
clarity

Devastated........need HELP

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have everything documented and photoed thank goodness. my concern is who and when i can start
to get this fixed. Logically , Fedex pays Jon to make it right ??

I believe so, yes, since it was sent with Jon's insurance policy (e.g. he is the one insured, not you).

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I join in with those who are in total empathy with you. This type of experience is very frustrating to all involved. It is also the reason that our shipping insurance companies require that we double box the items we are shipping. Imagine the likely hood that the ring would have escaped if only in one box.

Mark Morrell has made an excellent comment too, you must wait for permission to do anything. There are procedures that must be followed. Follow them and you will eventually have a fully restored/remade ring in hand. I will not hazard a guess from the photos as to whether or not it will be remade or restored. What did Jonathan say when you called him and sent him the pictures?

Wink

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all the members here for helping and educate me in how to pick a diamond. Originally I though I wanted an Emerald cut, but after seeing all the gorgeous rings I decided on a 2Ct Oval MMD from Jon. He helped me to design my ring, so finally after so many months of research and planning; my ring was to me in Canada by Jon via FEDEX.
The ring arrived and I was so excited; the shipping box was in perfect; no damage....... AND THEN after opening it then inside Fedex box was crushed and torn, as was the the interior padded envelope and the ring boxes :eek2::cry2:

how it should look, pic from Jon
. IMG_0202.jpeg

IMG_2077.jpeg IMG_0342.jpeg

I really hope that this has never happened to anyone, but anyone with advice would be soooo appreciated. FEDEX has all the pics and acknowledge the claim but now I must wait until they decide how to proceed. Jon has been in touch with his insurance too but that is a longer wait of 10-15 business days.
I would really like to have it inspected and repaired here by a local jeweller but I have to wait this out. Most frustrating............ my poor Ering!
Sorry this was so long:cry2:
I’m so sorry to hear his. Hope to gets resolved ASAP.

LadybugTN

Rough_Rock
I can’t even imagine how disappointed you are and I am so sorry this happened to you!

I am currently working with Jon on a custom ring and I would say as frustrating as it is to wait, you have already put much time in picking your stone and creating a beautiful bespoke design with Jon. Let the investigation finish and then send it back to Jon to handle the repair work with the original bench that finished that gorgeous ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results