shape
carat
color
clarity

Devastated........need HELP

DevonRex

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all the members here for helping and educate me in how to pick a diamond. Originally I though I wanted an Emerald cut, but after seeing all the gorgeous rings I decided on a 2Ct Oval MMD from Jon. He helped me to design my ring, so finally after so many months of research and planning; my ring was to me in Canada by Jon via FEDEX.
The ring arrived and I was so excited; the shipping box was in perfect; no damage....... AND THEN after opening it then inside Fedex box was crushed and torn, as was the the interior padded envelope and the ring boxes :eek2::cry2:

how it should look, pic from Jon
. IMG_0202.jpeg

IMG_2077.jpeg IMG_0342.jpeg

I really hope that this has never happened to anyone, but anyone with advice would be soooo appreciated. FEDEX has all the pics and acknowledge the claim but now I must wait until they decide how to proceed. Jon has been in touch with his insurance too but that is a longer wait of 10-15 business days.
I would really like to have it inspected and repaired here by a local jeweller but I have to wait this out. Most frustrating............ my poor Ering!
Sorry this was so long:cry2:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Someone ran over that box and popped it in a fresh one. :cry2:
I’m so sorry. Are the stones all intact? If so, while you’re waiting for a claim with FedEx to be resolved, maybe you can send it to Jon and his bench can evaluate it?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so sorry :( I would ask Jon what he thinks the best course of action is (e.g. if you should send to him vs just sitting and waiting until FedEx gets back to you with info about the claim)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no how horrible! You must be heartbroken; I hope they make it right quickly

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I'm so sorry this has happened!! It's a spectacular ring and super cool and unusual, I love your taste! I agree that contacting Jon would be the best course of action at this point, he may get an answer out of Fedex quicker. Good luck!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Last year I had a computer built and shipped - Fedex destroyed it completely, but they paid the claim after I submitted all the photos. It took about 21 days. I hope you get paid sooner and Jonathan can remake the ring for you in that time.

Soon this will all be a memory and you'll be wearing your beautiful new ring!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!!! It's like a truck ran over it :((

I'm sorry this happened but I have faith in FedEx and you'll have your dream ring redone soon :)

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@DevonRex Oh my goodness I am so sorry! :eek2: It will all get sorted out!
What an absolutely beautiful btw. All will be well and you will enjoy the ring even more!
Funny story to cheer you up. I was on my honeymoon in the Caribbean. My husband went swimming off a yacht and his wedding ring came off in the sea. :cry2: Then he went snorkelling to try to find it. The sun shone at just the right angle through the water and lit up the ring balanced on the edge of some coral! We are never going to win the lottery! ;)2

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Oh no!!!! I really hope this can be resolved swiftly so you can enjoy your beautiful ring.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust for swift resolution! I’m so sorry this happened!
Please keep us posted! ♥️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and unusual ring. It’ll get sorted, just sorry it arrived like that. I had a bracelet shipped to me via FedEx and when it came, it was completely snapped in half. I contacted the seller, who fortunately had taken photos as it was being packaged, and the claim via FedEx was dealt with quickly. It’s really disappointing I know, but it’ll all get resolved and you’ll have your beautiful ring soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would send it back to Jon to fix or possibly have it redone from scratch. I would NOT have it done locally.

I'm so sorry this happened! Frustrating for sure!

Plus, I'm not sure whos choice it is as far as where it gets fixed. Its Jonathan's insurance I believe?

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now I know why Klass double boxes his packages.
I am so sorry but I would say it’s Jon’s problem to resolve now. It’s beautiful and I hope it can be can remade/repaired quickly.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I have never seen anything like this happen before?! This is shocking!

But what a stunning ring & I'm sure Jon will get it sorted out for you. Tut tut, FedEx......

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is terrible.. I'm sure Jon will do his utmost to assist you as best he can, maybe it can be fixed! :(

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's terrible.
How UPS thought that would be okay, is way beyond my understanding.
I know this isn't how you want it to be, but I would feel it's necessary to send it back to Jonathan. I wouldn't trust anyone else to fix it. I expect you are going to need a new ring made. It's a beautiful design.

MWM

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you to all the members here for helping and educate me in how to pick a diamond. Originally I though I wanted an Emerald cut, but after seeing all the gorgeous rings I decided on a 2Ct Oval MMD from Jon. He helped me to design my ring, so finally after so many months of research and planning; my ring was to me in Canada by Jon via FEDEX.
The ring arrived and I was so excited; the shipping box was in perfect; no damage....... AND THEN after opening it then inside Fedex box was crushed and torn, as was the the interior padded envelope and the ring boxes :eek2::cry2:

. IMG_0202.jpeg

I really hope that this has never happened to anyone, but anyone with advice would be soooo appreciated. FEDEX has all the pics and acknowledge the claim but now I must wait until they decide how to proceed. Jon has been in touch with his insurance too but that is a longer wait of 10-15 business days.
I would really like to have it inspected and repaired here by a local jeweller but I have to wait this out. Most frustrating............ my poor Ering!

Talk with Jon. Send photos and wait for insurer's instructions. Jon's insurer and FedEx will process the situation but they won't finish their investigation in a hurry.It is in FedEx and the insurer's hands at this time.I don't suggest that you undertake to have repairs done at all until the insurer signs off.
We've had losses and FedEx and (probably the same) insurer has always made it right.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This sort of thing is why I always video the opening of anything expensive! :o

This is SUCH a good idea! So easy to do now a days. We all have a video camera on our cell phone. Video opening it, if all is well delete it. If there is an issue the prospect of a swift and fair claim process is vastly improved.

DevonRex

Rough_Rock
I think you better get it back to Jonathan. You probably should have taken a photo for the damaged box

i have everything documented and photoed thank goodness. my concern is who and when i can start
to get this fixed. Logically , Fedex pays Jon to make it right ??

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry this happened to you! The ring was absolutely stunning, love the design. Definitely looks like an elephant sat on it.... :angryfire:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

. IMG_0202.jpeg

what a beautiful if crushed ring
did fedex run over it with a truck :angryfire:
how upsetting for you and disappointing
good luck with a quick and hastle free fix
can't wait to see a hand shot

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results