shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperate, need help with my ring specs please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pishi76

Rough_Rock
This is a pic of the ring I want to have made and after some modifications to the style( double claws and not cathedral setting) and prong I have the wax yet I am so confused and need help.

I am told that my ring will be 2.5mm and the stones on top are 2mm 2.5pointers and the inner ones are 2 pointers and the ones on the prongs 1-1.5 pointers. My centerstone is a 3ct princess cut.

I want to know if this ring will be too thin and dinky looking for the centerstone size and I am also not a fan of cluster like small stones so I am wondering if the size of the stones used is good enough or will they look so pen pointy and small. (posting of similar pics of rings/specs is greatly appreciated.)

Also, I have a choice of a) no metal so it's I guess a pave with the diamond on 3 sides or a thin metal and dont' know whether to choose bead setting or channel or other and the differences. I do like a clean look and don't like to see too much metal between the diamonds if that helps.

So please give me your opinions thanks.

Image000.jpg

pishi76

Rough_Rock
sorry dont'' know how to attache multiple pics, this is another pic of the wax and the ring in the avi pic

juliewax.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 2.5 to 3mm width for a stone your size would be perfect. As for the pave...I prefer beadset over channel set. true, you do see the tiny beads but with channel set you see space/air. My sisters wedding set has channel set stones and we were just in chicago last weekend where she really saw pave rings for the first time and he comment with they sparlke so much more and now she wants to changer her wedding set. It''s a personal preference but it you''re doing pave up the prongs on anywhere else, I think it will look better to have pave on the shank (bands)

pishi76

Rough_Rock
thanks, I am so confused I am not sure if it will look too thin and dinky, I appreciate all your opinions and advice, and posting of pics to help visually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results