shape
carat
color
clarity

Designs for a guy''s diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemnick

Rough_Rock
I''ve bought a number of diamonds and colored gemstones over the years for special women in my life - and now the time has come when I''d like to buy a diamond and design a ring for myself. I''d like to get either a round or square cut diamond, up to about a carat in size, mounted either in platinum or 18kt yellow gold, and mount it in a simple, uncomplicated design. I don''t want the ring to look like a wedding band or a mafia style cluster. If you have any thoughts or pics you could share, they would be appreciated. Gemnick

togal

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gemnick:

Here is a link to a thread containing Rod''s diamond ring. I really like this ring a lot and find that it''s very simple, elegant, yet can handle a large diamond without looking over-the-top. While it is a three stone ring, i think it would look good with just one stone in either platinum or yellow gold.

Also, thank you for posting your positive comments re the diamond ring and bracelet I bought for my husband, which was posted in the ''Show Me The Ring'' forum.....I really appreciated getting feedback from a male.

Good luck with your ring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a simple elegant tension set ring. Maybe in a brushed metal band... Very cool! One of the links from Stephan's ring is a great example. (See the first link posted by JulieN.)

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting: The latest thoughts to hit "D" and I (if she ever decides to say "yes") is that I should have a diamond weading band as well. We have discussed matching his & her weading rings. Probably not channel set - most likely a few diamonds gypsy set (if I understand the process right). Looks like I have more diamonds to buy... Bummer
2.gif

Perry

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a guy.
Here are a few pics of my ring.

It is just under a carat.
It is a Gelin Abaci Tension setting in brushed platinum.
Stone is a GIA F VS1 Solasfera.

I like the simple, clean and almost industrial look.
Reminds me of the cross section of a water pipe.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring Kenny...it's kind of like Greg's tension set titanium...I love the look of the flat edged titanium tension stuff for men aka the industrial look...it's so modern and yet classic at the same time. Stephan's ring is fabulous too (and I got to try it on!!) and it has a 2c in it..yummy! Rod yours is very cool too but I like the idea of a solitaire look a little more for men. I love the idea of men wearing larger diamonds just like the ladies.That's why we got Greg his own ACA stone and sometimes he wishes it was bigger.
9.gif

Check out Bruce Boone's work for men as well, that is who made Greg's ring and he did a fabulous job and in a super tight timeframe as well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha how funny!!

I was just on Bruce's website, figured I'd see if he has anything new up, and I saw that he has Greg's ring pictured along with more information. I think that is actually our ring pictured. I'm personally a white metal person, but G loves YG and so we tried to tie in both metals (but more white metal of course..tee hee)...and he gets tons of compliments on it. He always tells me when someone admires it in the elevator or something...he also likes to point out that his stone is the 'best one' in the house since it's an ACA and is F VS. Men!
20.gif

http://www.boonerings.com/htmpages/classicflatwithgold.htm

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your helpful ideas. I''m trying to design a cool guy''s diamond ring that is classic and understated, and that won''t look like a wedding band (did that already).

The tension ring might work with a well-proportioned radiant cut diamond, maybe inn a cognac color. Any thoughts on this concept?

Again, thanks for the design ideas. Appreciate your feedback -Gemnick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results