shape
carat
color
clarity

Design Ideas Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stinky

Rough_Rock
I need to have earrings designed to complement or match this ring. Any ideas would be most appreciated (especially with photos).

It would be easy to just copy the main stone with pave rounds in a smaller stuf but my wife likes drop or dangle earrings. Also, she prefers not to have exact matching jewelry.

I can not thing of what I could do that would not be too showy as it would not just be night out earrings but she would want to wear it to work sometimes. She''s not a big lady either.

So it has to be subtle but stunning.
confused.gif

Haaaaallllupppp, PLEASE as I need to get this done soon and I am at a total loss.

Stinky

favoritering.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I was th eone who posted that rng picture... the name of the original file indicated the designer who makes these... What shape is going to be the center stone of the ring?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.gif
maybe keeping the same shape as the ring stone, but getting colored stones for the earrings instesd? AT lest to me, a blue-red-green set to go with the ring would make a great project to think about
2.gif

3al.JPG

stinky

Rough_Rock
Yes, thank you for the photo.

I had seen it in Solomon Brothers Catalogue cover (they did not have the ring) but your picture is better. Where did you find the photo from? Do you know the source/designer? I think it may be Christopher Designs, but I looked on his site and he did not have it.

I also like the photo below. I am trying to find a custom designer to make a ring similar to these two, with matching earrings for my wife.

I like the idea you posted. Is that a matching piece? Are there any others?
Anything that can dangle/move with the person?

Its a great suggestion and may be enough to inspire the designer.

Thanks, Stinky

nextfavoritering.jpg

stinky

Rough_Rock
Opps, sorry missed part of your message.

I am probably going to maintain the rectangle princess shape.

I am thinking about a diamond center although she really loves pink sapphires.

Did you just design the earring suggestion or is that a photo from the original designer?

Thanks,

Stinky

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/22/2004 12:08:58 AM stinky wrote:

I am trying to find a custom designer to make a ring similar to these two, with matching earrings for my wife. Is that a matching piece? Are there any others? Anything that can dangle/move with the person?

----------------

Christopher Designs... yes, I got the picture from their gallery on a jewelry design site, not their own.
I surely hope the "earrings" match, but they are my own 5min drawing using elements form the ring (literally). The model can be made either static ( a line of prong set small diamonds with the larger stone inserted" or mobile (as the links in a bracelet would be), for all that matters. I supose the second (moving) option is not the easiest to make, but not a great technical challenge either. I strongly believe that most custom jewelry makers could handle either option nicely. Also, you may discuss options with the deisgner regarding the details of the pieces. For example the difference between the two rings posted is really the mounting of the accent diamonds around the main stone: one has them prong set, the other bead set... these are technicalities that the maker can easily explain.

Oh, pink sapphires! Those would be great, really. Did you see the concave-faceted ones "ColoredGemstoneNut" has posted recently? A set of those could be esily made...

Do you have a particular jeweler in mind to make these?

stinky

Rough_Rock
No ideas on a designer yet really though I do like the work of Leon Mege and his delicate settings.

Do you have any recommendations? Are you a designer? I am new to the site so forgive me for not knowing.

I am considering using a super simulated diamond synthtic stone for a center or colored gems to keep costs more manageable though for the settings, I will probably keep to real diamonds and platinum.

Stinky

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a designer of jewelry, although I am not foreign to it... I would not have known to recommend a more suitable choice of jewelry maker speacilizing in pave. However, I suspect that you could drop a question about your plans at Whiteflash: they make ideal cut accent diamonds (quite admired around here), and surely make custom rings upon request, even if this is done for their diamonds.

About using artifical stone... well, I would not ever go for it. Even white sapphire sounds much better to this girl, and pink sapphire - sure so. Unless you want some over the top color saturation in these, the stones are going to be quite inexpensive. If your fiancee is already in favor of colored stones, it makes little sense to get artificial stuff and put it in such a high quality setting. This may work for someone completely obsessed with white diamonds, but ring disaster for a gem fan... Just a thought, of course.

It may take little time and effort to have a decent set of sapphires made... Before deciding for CZ
sad.gif
why not drop a quick note to, say, HERE and ask about a set of pinks (sapphire or, even better, spinel).

stinky

Rough_Rock
Valeria:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response...alot of food for thought there for me to chew on.

Do you know what type of stone might be a pale pink? I know diamonds come in pale pink but do you know of other stones?

Have you ever seen an off the rack setting similar to the one I am thinking of?

Thanks,

Stinky

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off the rack... nope. But I am not the best person to ask about this, not my passion at all.

Pink diamonds are difinitely not the hottest pink gems - some rare exceptions come close to other pink material, but they are not realistic jewelry options at all. Pink comes in almost all types of gem material, in order of reputation (approximatively) they would be : sapphire, spinel, topaz, toumaline, beryl (morganite), quartz... and some other, more obscure ones. Of these, the first three seem appropriate for a maningful set of jewelry and the first two are the most durable. The intensity of color makes the price jump incredibly amonf these goods: from hundreds per carat for the pale pinks characteristic of fancy pink diamonds, to thousands per carat for saturated, "hot pink" gems. Tourmaline is best of occasional wear, it is neither as hard, not as refractive as the first two. Pink topaz - a rarity - would be an impressive find, suitable for collection rather than answering practical concerns (such as get it fast and well cut).

On the site of custom cut gems I mentioned, are listed some pink tourmalines and perhaps a beryl. Pink sapphire is EVERYWHERE on the web, and it would be a good idea to check on Ajagems for a quick look into the matter. Also look at their collection of spinel, for reference: there are quite a few nice pinks there. However, finding a set of three stones with matching cuts will take hunting, and the effort is not necessary: you can easily order them cut for you. Also, you may want to inspect the collection at Walterarnstein and drop a PM to our friend "Mogok" for suggestions. For a "pink-diamond-like" pink, spinel may be a better option than sapphire... just a thought...

Keeping the quality of the settings and accent diamonds, paired with the cut of the pinks, would make for a spectacular set - quite a class above that inexpensive "off the rack" diamond stuff, I would think. Price has little to do with this statement
angryfire.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.gif

pink sapphire sets.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Untreated sapphire commends serious premiums, but spinel is almost always natural... as those below. These show the top and bottom tone & saturation range of pink spinel - both at their best.

Hope these will be of some help...

pink spinel.JPG

stinky

Rough_Rock
They are just stunning!!

Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to check around and see which my wife would prefer.

Thanks again for all the information, its been invaluable.

I'll update you when I get moving on the process.

Stinky

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Hey I just did a ring similar to that just recently....not very hard to do a set of earrings to make yours either...one just has to have the right tools.

In any case all a designer needs to know is the stones and kind of style you want...then its just a matter of making them.

LCbetzSapdmnd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results