shape
carat
color
clarity

Design gents jewelry for 1.01 princess cut diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Ladies and Gents or the forum,
I have two loose diamonds (1.01 princess-SI1-I, and RB .50 SI1-G) and its time to have them put into pieces that I can wear.I am curious what the forum members will come up with ...it can be rings or a pendant or both...Im not going to give any direction because i dont want to limit any ideas that you might have for the stones...pictures,or discriptions or drawings are very welcome...I like every metal and would consider plat,white or yellow gold or steel for these designs...I am also open to modern or antique styles and periods....what should i do with these diamonds?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a tie tac? I''m envisioning maybe the round set in black onyx....bezeled in WG maybe. Shape of your choice.
5.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Cuff-links.
Each stone bezel set with an outline of the opposite shape around it.

Rough sketch... not to scale...

cuff.idea.000000.JPG

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
That''s a pretty cool concept posh pepper. Not sure how the diamonds will size up though, it might be a bit too much variance between the two.

I quite like the tension type ring settings for square diamonds. I can see the princess in a gray metal type with an emery type directional surface treatment.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I quite like the tension type ring settings for square diamonds. I can see the princess in a gray metal type with an emery type directional surface treatment.

Titanium would look great. I just set a blue diamond (treated within an inch of its poor life, actually, but it deserved a little love all the same) in a titanium tension set and the metal really sets off the sparkle and looks elegantly understated.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 11:23:51 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/22/2008 12:39:07 PM
Author: Ellen
What about a tie tac? I''m envisioning maybe the round set in black onyx....bezeled in WG maybe. Shape of your choice.
5.gif
I think that''s a kind of cool idea, actually. I know hubby would love something as classic as that. Good idea Ellen!
984406ju1tuish9n.gif
Fanks! I liked it.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
For the princess diamond I see it bezel/flush set with a square rim of metal around the stone 8mm in diameter, in a heavy YG pinky ring with the shank as wide as the top "face" of the ring (squared off where the face and shank meet) and gradually tapering to the bottom. The ring is "top heavy" with a polished finish.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i like the idea of a wide band style that is square rather than round with the diamond burnished (?) set. i hope that is the correct word. i mean set flush. i would go for platinum unless that is cost prohibitive and in that case anything white that you like. i see this band on the thick or heavy weight side thus the cost consideration with the current platinum prices.

eta: thinking about 6mm wide or wide enough to acomodate stone size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results