shape
carat
color
clarity

Design by Pricescope Committee -- CAD from Wink for my M!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hello, everyone, Thanks so much for all the support, feedback, suggestions, and enthusiasm you gave me in choosing a setting for my 1.00 M SI2 Infinity from Wink.

Here's the previous thread
link

He sent me the CAD today! I love, love, love it. It is perfect, the price is reasonable, and he's a great guy to work with -- what more can I say?

WcadB.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot the details:

The ring is shown in all gold, but IRL, the double claw prongs, the gallery and the shoulders of the ring will be yellow gold; everything else unplated white gold.

Inside the marquis-shaped side details will be one purple sapphire set between to round diamonds.

The entire halo is in diamond-cut purple sapphires -- have to keep from drooling on the keyboard -- and there will be purple sapphires in the gallery as well.

Thanks again for all your help!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m totally drooling over the colored stone halo!!! I love your ideas and this is going to be a stunning ring! I bet you can''t wait for it!
36.gif
to be completed huh?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m very excited for you...the 6+ weeks its going to take would drive me nuts!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot wait to see this in real life!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow love the purple sapphires, cant wait to see what it looks like when its done!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is going to be a stunner!!!! So cant wait to see it!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The CAD looks awesome!! Can''t wait to see the real thing!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be stunning! Can''t wait!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I adore the purple sapphire halo. I can''t wait to see it!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/2/2009 6:20:07 PM
Author:sarap333
Hello, everyone, Thanks so much for all the support, feedback, suggestions, and enthusiasm you gave me in choosing a setting for my 1.00 M SI2 Infinity from Wink.

Here''s the previous thread
link

He sent me the CAD today! I love, love, love it. It is perfect, the price is reasonable, and he''s a great guy to work with -- what more can I say?
Just a note. I sent this to Sara in a real rush to get out of the office and did not fully explain a couple of things in my email to her. The milgrain will not show in the CAD but will be done as shown in the original pictures, as will the bead setting. I did take time to tell her about the fact that the CAD is done in all yellow as it shows the metal detail better than trying to show white metal on white back ground.

I normally would not have sent the CAD until tomorrow, but I am going to be out of the office the next couple of days getting ready for my daughter''s wedding on Saturday, so it went out today before I had time to fully explain every thing to Sara, who apparently already knows these things since she is so obviously excited.
2.gif

Wink

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your compliments and excitement!

And, thanks, Wink, for reminding me about the milgrain. I was so excited to receive the CAD that I posted it as soon as I had a chance!

It will be hard to wait for it to be finished. That''s the downside of custom. There''s no immediate gratification!

But my M has been loose since July, and I looked for such a long time for an appropriate setting for it, so I''m just glad to see my Pricescope-design-by-committee ring reach the stage where I can see all the ideas incorporated into the CAD.

It''s nice to see how many purple lovers there are on PS and also how many colored-stone halo fans there are! I''ve long admired the colored stone rings surrounded by diamond halos that I see on PS -- the diamonds make the gemstones pop -- so this should be an interesting twist on that look.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be WONDERFUL! I love the purple sapphire halo and all the details! It will be such a unique and not run of the mill setting which really appeals to me.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, man, I can''t wait to see it! It''s so cruel to have to wait so long!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow very beautiful. It looks great from all angles.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This project is really coming along!! Everything looks great
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am in love with the design!! This ring is going to be fabulous!~~
30.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone - you are all so kind! I''ve been busy with a new job and out of town, so I didn''t see all the recent responses until today.

I just put my M in the express mail package over my lunch hour, so Wink should have it tomorrow. I''ll be back with photos in about 6 weeks -- I hate waiting
8.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Sara... I was out of the country and missed out on the chance to comment on your CAD...
This ring is going to be so very beautiful!!! I cannot wait to see the end result!! I bet these next weeks are going to be a killer!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Sara, I think your ring looks lovely, and you are right about Wink. He is one in a million.

I have a question about your un-plated white gold. Do you know what K it is (18K or 19K)? And do you know what your white gold is alloyed with, nickel or palladium, or something I don''t know about? They all look different. Some are whiter than others.

I "test drove" a 19K un-plated white gold band that was alloyed with nickel to see if I reacted to it (I didn''t). That being said, I really did not like the colour of the metal. It looked like base metal to me.

Maybe Wink could send you a plain band just to check if you are OK with the colour.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Amethyste -- welcome home! Feel free to comment on the CAD! I enjoy getting everyone''s feedback.

Gailey -- you are right about the variance in the color of unplated white gold.

I am fortunate to have worked with a local jeweler who has done several custom projects for me in unplated white gold (my black opal, my blue sapphire and tsavorite rings -- yes, I have a colored stone fetish, too -- but it''s in a latent phase now, while I work on this diamond project - LOL!).

This jeweler''s style is more modern, and the unplated white gold works well with her designs. I''ve had both 14 kt. and 18 kt. pieces made, and I''ve had both nickel and palladium alloys.

I am not a fan of rhodium plating -- I actually prefer the "base metal" look of white gold (I know I''m not typical!).

I also wear a lot of artisan-crafted pieces in sterling silver (one of my favorite designers is Jodi Rae out of Chicago), so rhodium plating on WG stands out too much when I''m wearing my other jewelry and unplated WG blends in -- does that make sense?

When I decided to put my M in a vintage-looking setting (instead of a modern design), I chose to work with Wink on the Bella, and we talked about using unplated WG. He thought that the slight yellow tint of the unplated WG (14 kt.) would flatter my M. The YG accents on this ring will be 18 kt.

I do like the ring in all YG as well (even though I know the CAD color is just to show the design of the ring) so don''t tell Wink (!!!!) but there are times when I''m still considering having this ring done entirely in YG.

YG just seems so "new" after so many years of wearing all WG!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 9:33:40 AM
Author: sarap333
Amethyste -- welcome home! Feel free to comment on the CAD! I enjoy getting everyone''s feedback.

I do like the ring in all YG as well (even though I know the CAD color is just to show the design of the ring) so don''t tell Wink (!!!!) but there are times when I''m still considering having this ring done entirely in YG.

YG just seems so ''new'' after so many years of wearing all WG!

It is never too late to change it dear... ;-)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Sara, I can''t wait to see how it turns out! I think of you as my warm Infinity sister. LOVE the purple sapphires!

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
That is stunning! I love the look of purple and gold together!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/11/2009 10:04:46 AM
Author: Amethyste

Date: 9/11/2009 9:33:40 AM
Author: sarap333

YG just seems so ''new'' after so many years of wearing all WG!

It is never too late to change it dear... ;-)
Not yet! I am supposed to receive her diamond today. Once I have delivered the diamond and the sapphires to our bench and they have cast the model, THEN and only then will it be too late to change.

It will be nice to see this beauty again, I know that Sara will miss it, and we will do our best to deliver it LONG before the six weeks are up.

Wink

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Amethyste, thank you! You''ve got me thinking about YG...

Glitterata, thank you, and I am so happy to be your warm Infinity sister
35.gif
. I love the way my M changes color in different lights and when I''m looking at it from different angles (and this must be even more noticeable in your S!). It is truly amazing how white my M is face-up, although I of course know it''s all due to cut, but still...

Manhattanlawyer, thank you -- there are an amazing number of purple lovers out there in PS-land -- who knew?

Okay, Wink, we''ll talk when you get the M! I am curious to get your opinion about the best color for the metal after you see the M again. I keep going back and forth...and I just saw one-and-a-half-rock''s thread with her new curved band, and I want one of those, too! Agghhhhh, save me from PS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results