shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple sapphire halo from Wink -- it''s a go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again to all of your for your suggestions on the setting for my Infinity M.
previous thread
I spoke to Wink today, and finalized the design for my ring!
He was able to source the purple sapphires for the halo (diamond cut, so they should sparkle) so the entire halo will be purple sapphires
36.gif

The purple halo really gives me the look I want -- vintage, but not too "fancy" -- a little more funky and fun.

But the purple halo made it harder to decide on a gallery! I originally thought I wanted a sleek art deco look, but I ended up choosing a much more Medieval/Italian Renaissance gallery design. The Bella setting has a an old-world look to it that I want to honor.

I found an old thread about Crowmama's Alishan ring (gorgeous ring!), which led me to the Alishan site where I found a ring that provided the look I wanted for the gallery (the PriceScope archives are priceless!).

I e-mailed Wink, and he agreed that the design would fit nicely in the gallery.

So without further ado, I'm attaching a photo of the Bella, and the mock-up Wink sent me outlining the changes. CAD to follow in a week or so.

BelhalBBB.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the mock-up from Wink:
Most of the setting will be unplated white gold; Wink thought the purple would "pop" more in white than in yellow.

I took Amethyste''s suggestions and am having Wink do the double claw prongs in 18 kt. yellow gold, as well as the gallery design, and the shoulders of the shank.

Because the gallery is more detailed than I originally planned, the edge of the halo will not be engraved -- but I can probably have this added later after I see the CAD.

Right now, all the accent stones will be purple sapphires -- no smaller diamond accents, but Wink said I could change this later if I wanted.

Since my stone is 1.00 carat, I think I''m going to stick with one accent color -- the KISS model! -- so I don''t overwhelm the center stone.

Thanks again everyone for helping me design the ring of my dreams!

purplehalo.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to the Alishan site where I found the ring that was the inspiration for my gallery design -- some wonderful designs on this site.
Alishan site
The ring I found is a wedding band under the Gothic tab, second row, third ring to the left.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!!!! It will be scrumptious!!!!! how long to wait now Dear?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Amethyste -- thanks again for all your help -- this project was inspired by your idea of double claw YG prongs!

Wink says the next step will be for me to approve the CAD and then it will be 4 to 6 weeks after that for the ring to be crafted by his bench.

That means it will be ready sometime in October! It''s hard to wait, but my M is loose now, so it''s not like I''m wearing a ring that I will miss.

The M needs a home!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
My pleasure Sara! I don''t think I helped much, but I love to enable!
9.gif

The hardest will be to wait... But we''ll be there with you! :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 10:55:39 PM
Author: Amethyste
9.gif

LOL -- your enabling was helpful! Seriously, PS in general, and its creative members, such as you, Gypsy, QueenMum, elle-chris, Glitterata, and many others, have given me so many good suggestions.

Thanks for the support. Think purple!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:01:42 PM
Author: sarap333

9.gif

LOL -- your enabling was helpful! Seriously, PS in general, and its creative members, such as you, Gypsy, QueenMum, elle-chris, Glitterata, and many others, have given me so many good suggestions.

Oh hun... With my name, it''s a daily event!
16.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:11:18 PM
Date: 8/25/2009 11:01:42 PM

9.gif

Oh hun... With my name, it''s a daily event!
16.gif

LOL -- I totally missed the connection until just now -- duh!
6.gif
Time for sleep!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this ring is going to be amazing!!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Sara!!!!!

This design is gorgeous! Your diamond is going to look incredible once Wink''s benchmen are done with this piece of artwork! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s going to be beautiful and I can''t wait to see it when it''s done!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep us posted...cant wait to see the finished ring! I love purple so this ring is right up my alley!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
it will look so stunning! can''t wait for your RL pictures

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wanted to thank all of you, in this and other threads who have helped Sara come to a decision. She has expressed her excitement to me many times about how much you have all helped her.

I am not normally a big fan of building by committee, but with Pricescope it seems to work like magic.

Wink

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 4:44:42 PM
Author: Wink
I wanted to thank all of you, in this and other threads who have helped Sara come to a decision. She has expressed her excitement to me many times about how much you have all helped her.

I am not normally a big fan of building by committee, but with Pricescope it seems to work like magic.

Wink

Yup, that's right! Poor Wink -- sometimes I think he must get tired of me saying "And Amethyste said the shoulders should be yellow gold" and "Gypsy made this suggestion for the gallery"!

But he's obviously had a lot of practice working with a lot of choosy women because he never loses his patience.

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm shipping my M off to Wink tomorrow and he says the CADs should be ready sometime next week. I'll post them in SMTR.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
That''ll be quite a looker. Can''t WAIT to see it!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my my...It''s gonna be stunning!! I can''t wait to see it!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, ladies! I very much appreciate your excitement about my new ring.

PS is such a great community!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be wonderful. You are in very safe hands with Wink!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
This sounds Fantastic!

I adore, adore, adore your setting

and stone

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, Sonoma!

And Maisie, nice to see you on RT again!! Your M from Wink was an inspiration to me! I love your yellow gold setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sara, I'm so happy for you about the purple sapphires! I can't wait to see it done. I ADORE your choice for the gallery. Perfect.

If I can make one small suggestion (at the risk of Wink coming after me witha 2 by 4), which would be my personal preference, is that instead of yellow gold. I personally would do rose gold and white gold. I think it might look even better than what you already have planned, which is going to be just stunning.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/27/2009 1:11:46 AM
Author: Gypsy
Sara, I''m so happy for you about the purple sapphires! I can''t wait to see it done. I ADORE your choice for the gallery. Perfect.

If I can make one small suggestion (at the risk of Wink coming after me witha 2 by 4), which would be my personal preference, is that instead of yellow gold. I personally would do rose gold and white gold. I think it might look even better than what you already have planned, which is going to be just stunning.
mumble mumble, where''s that 2 by 4, dad blast it, mumble mumble...

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 7:02:33 AM
Date: 8/27/2009 1:11:46 AM

Author: Gypsy

Sara, I''m so happy for you about the purple sapphires! I can''t wait to see it done. I ADORE your choice for the gallery. Perfect.

mumble mumble, where''s that 2 by 4, dad blast it, mumble mumble...

LOL -- relax, Wink. Rose gold, although lovely, does not look good with my skin tone! But thank you, Gypsy, for the suggestion. You have exquisite taste, and I am so glad you approve of my gallery design!

I never knew there were so many purple lovers on PS!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 6:39:52 PM
Thank you so much, ladies! I very much appreciate your excitement about my new ring.

PS is such a great community!
36.gif
It''s been fun to see the process in action. I''m looking forward to your new ring
36.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 5:56:53 PM

Wink

Yup, that''s right! Poor Wink -- sometimes I think he must get tired of me saying ''And Amethyste said the shoulders should be yellow gold'' and ''Gypsy made this suggestion for the gallery''!

But he''s obviously had a lot of practice working with a lot of choosy women because he never loses his patience.

Thank you all so much for your help. I''m shipping my M off to Wink tomorrow and he says the CADs should be ready sometime next week. I''ll post them in SMTR.

I am in Germany right now but wanted to comment quickly that I cant wait for this project to reach its final stage!!! It will be one delicious ring I know it!!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 1:08:18 PM

Wink

Yup, that's right! Poor Wink -- sometimes I think he must get tired of me saying 'And Amethyste said the shoulders should be yellow gold' and 'Gypsy made this suggestion for the gallery'!

But he's obviously had a lot of practice working with a lot of choosy women because he never loses his patience.

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm shipping my M off to Wink tomorrow and he says the CADs should be ready sometime next week. I'll post them in SMTR.

I am in Germany right now but wanted to comment quickly that I cant wait for this project to reach its final stage!!! It will be one delicious ring I know it!!!!
Date: 8/27/2009 1:08:18 PM

Wink

Yup, that's right! Poor Wink -- sometimes I think he must get tired of me saying 'And Amethyste said the shoulders should be yellow gold' and 'Gypsy made this suggestion for the gallery'!

Guten Abend, Amethyste! I hope you are having a wonderful visit in Germany. Thank you for taking time out from your trip to wish me well on my setting project. Safe travels!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarapj -- what an exciting project! How long before we get to see the completed ring?
31.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks VR Beauty -- Wink just sent me the CAD today!! I''ll post it in the SMTR thread.

I started a new job, so I''ve been out of town more than usual -- I need to send my M to Wink; after he receives it, it will be about 6 weeks until the ring is finished, if I remember right.

Did I tell you all that his prices are extremely reasonable for custom! And this is for a "special" project, too, where he had to source the sapphires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results