carat
color
clarity

Describe your ideal wedding!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333730047|3165032 said:
madelise|1333666750|3164500 said:
and the Cliff House Terrace Room for their champagne brunch http://www.yelp.com/biz/cliff-house...e-brunch-san-francisco#query:champagne brunch. Make reservations for their Sunday brunch! There's a harpist! Need I say more? Hah JK. But the endless champagne and mimosas will pay for the $45 tab itself. You know, the super fresh sea food and tri-tip is just extra ;)) Make sure to request a table that's next to the window, so it's overlooking the ocean! AND LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE JUST MARRIED/ ON YOUR HONEYMOON! The restaurant is literally on a cliff over the ocean. It's spectacular.

Heck, next time I'm back in SF, this is my itinerary as well.

I've never done the Cliff House for brunch, that sounds amazing!!! I was engaged previously, and seriously our first venue choice was Cliff House. The view is just breathtaking!
We've added this to our list!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333730737|3165039 said:
madelise|1333695803|3164760 said:
OMG a top floor, tall building, view of the ocean with a sun set in the background, and the breeze blowing through! That sounds amazing!

Haha, that does sound like perfection, doesn't it?! The venue I was talking about, though, has no view of the ocean. It's right in the middle of downtown San Jose! Which I'm liking the idea of more and more, because I've always thought it would be cool to have those really awesome urban wedding photos that I see sometimes and always love.

Plus, this picture was taken at the venue and I think it is so cool! I want a photo like that!!

While I was planning the wedding that didn't end up happening, SO and I found this restaurant above a hill that had a view of all the city lights at night. It was very decently priced, especially in the Los Angeles area. The one trouble was, the room that we wanted to book was RIGHT NEXT TO another smaller room, and they both shared a balcony (for smoke breaks or air). The date we were planning on was on a very popular weekend, and the planner there guaranteed that there will be another wedding going on in the adjoining room. She offered us to book BOTH rooms, with the cost for the minimum # of guests (it's priced per head of attendee), even though we didn't actually have to have that many # of guests. We bargained the price down to about 70% of that minimum for the 2nd room, since they wouldn't have to provide food for those invisible, nonexistent guests, nor hire extra waitstaff or valet drivers for that evening.

Could that possibly be an option for you? Pay for that minimum "50", yet still keep your intended 20? I know it's not cost-wise, but if you REALLY didn't want to invite more people, it could be an option? That way you still get your dream venue, and no unwanted guests. But BARGAIN! They make less food, they hire less staff, while you're still paying a premium.. so bargain :!:

That's actually a great idea, I hadn't thought of that! I guess I could try to negotiate with venues as it relates to the min guest count and cost, because you're right, why would I have to pay for food and waitstaff for people who don't actually exist? Hmm..

Or, I know you say you don't want a ceremony "on" the beach.. but is there any golf course or anything on a cliff overlooking the beach? Or some sort of venue? Church? Restaurant, even? Event hall? http://www.wayfarerschapel.org/ <-- That's a glass chapel that sits on a cliff over the ocean. Something like that? So you're away from the beach plenty, but still have the view.

There are, but they're all super pricey. With so few guests I know we could *afford* a pricier venue but I'd rather put the money towards an amazing honeymoon, KWIM?

And OMG, you're like the third person who has recommended the Wayfarers Chapel to me! That place is gorgeous!!
I love the photo from the outside window! Gorgeous!

And that chapel is amazing!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
aud- What kinds of things do you and your BF like to do? Ie, are you outdoorsy types? Museum/culture hounds? Foodies? Adventure-seekers? Or more slow-paced? Also, what kind of food do you like?

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333735752|3165098 said:
aud- What kinds of things do you and your BF like to do? Ie, are you outdoorsy types? Museum/culture hounds? Foodies? Adventure-seekers? Or more slow-paced? Also, what kind of food do you like?

Hmm...most people would call us boring! Lol. We are not super outdoorsy people. We would enjoy walking around and doing the sights and such, but not hiking and the sort. LOVE FOOD! We're pretty slow-paced, home body types. Andrew I think will eat anything. Literally. I'm more picky, I can usually find something anywhere, but the two types of food I just plain don't like are Mexican and Indian. Andrew's family is Italian so that's always a favorite. American, Chinese, homestyle/southern food, Seafood...we like yummy food!

Adventure...depends on how much ;-)
We love roller coasters. Andrew wants to sky dive someday. Part of me wants to be on board, the other part still has some resistance...maybe one day!

We are definitely open to suggestions! I found this article and thought it looked like lots of fun things to do!
http://www.time.com/time/travel/cityguide/article/0,31489,1845230_1845056_1845537,00.html

ETA: We both have a mutual weakness for sweets. WE LOVE DESSERT! Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, ice cream, pie, you name it, we love it!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of the devil, or, in the case the Bay area.. I was almost going to go on a spontaneous trip last night and come back tonight! I forgot I had an appointment I couldn't miss so I didn't go.. and now SO and his brother are up there! They're picking something up that can't be shipped, and I really wanted to tag along and get brunch in the beautiful SF! Oh well. I was totally going to go up there to Swenson's ice cream and get brunch at ChouChou. :(( Too bad they can't bring it back to me.. darn ice cream would melt.

StarSparkle - Wayfarer's Chapel being recommended to a northerner? Lol I guess! It'd be a "semi destination" wedding :razz: But it IS gorgeous and of course, well, who doesn't want to be married where Marilyn Monroe was married! I'd love to have a small ceremony there, but my exboyfriend's cousin got married there, and well, I don't want anything part of my wedding to have ANY memory of my ex in it :bigsmile: The hotel you posted is amazing! That photo is seriously breathtaking! It reminds me of those photos people take up at the top of the Sear's Tower in Chicago.. (which is another place I need to go to!) Those city lights are so :love: gorgeous!

You have to try the Cliff House. There are 3 restaurants within the restaurant, so make it very clear when you make reservations that you want the terrace room for sunday brunch. Otherwise you're spending possibly more money for less food!

*Phew that took a lot of decoding. I guess the whole color thing change doesn't work for me when I'm replying in the text box, where it's all shown in black font anyway.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1333736186|3165101 said:
the two types of food I just plain don't like are Mexican and Indian.

OMG. I HATE INDIAN FOOD. WITH A PASSION. THE SMELLS! :knockout: And guess what Pakistani people eat? Indian food. -_____-. Yes. This is why I insist that, IF FMIL is going to HAVE TO host some sort of a reception, that *I* just might as well plan my own, since I would hate to be wearing any beautiful clothing, while smelling the strong spices.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...most people would call us boring! Lol. We are not super outdoorsy people. We would enjoy walking around and doing the sights and such, but not hiking and the sort. LOVE FOOD! We're pretty slow-paced, home body types. Andrew I think will eat anything. Literally. I'm more picky, I can usually find something anywhere, but the two types of food I just plain don't like are Mexican and Indian. Andrew's family is Italian so that's always a favorite. American, Chinese, homestyle/southern food, Seafood...we like yummy food!

We love roller coasters. Andrew wants to sky dive someday. Part of me wants to be on board, the other part still has some resistance...maybe one day!

We are definitely open to suggestions! I found this article and thought it looked like lots of fun things to do!
http://www.time.com/time/travel/cityguide/article/0,31489,1845230_1845056_1845537,00.html

ETA: We both have a mutual weakness for sweets. WE LOVE DESSERT! Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, ice cream, pie, you name it, we love it!

Haha, I'm sure you're not boring! I bet lots of people would call me boring, too, but I know I'm not.

There are a few restaurants in SF that I enjoy, including Bourbon Steak located in the Westin at Union Square and the House of Prime Rib. For the longest time I've been wanting to try Fleur de Lys, which is rumored to be beyond amazing. I think that's where BF and I will go for our anniversary in June!

Also, Alexander's Steakhouse is my absolute favorite restaurant around. I've never been to the SF location, but we have one here in San Jose that we go to once every couple of months (and we were just there for my birthday dinner this past week!). It's yummy deliciousness!

(Lol, can you tell that steak is my favorite food? ;-) )

And considering your love of sweets, you'll for sure want to make a pit stop at Ghiradelli Square!

If you make it to the Monterey area, you must definitely visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It's truly one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world, and if you're lucky they might have a great white shark on exhibit while you're in town! After that you of course have to walk around historic Cannery Row. For dinner there, my favorite restaurant is Sardine Factory - make reservations and ask to sit in the Conservatory..so cool!

Carmel has an adorable little downtown area with tons of tiny shops and art galleries, and at the end of the main downtown drag is Carmel Beach. You could spend hours just wandering around the downtown area and marvelling at all the neat stuff the shops carry.

For an outdoorsy thing, I'd recommend heading to Point Lobos. It's a state reserve with breathtaking vistas and the beauty of nature at its finest. There are hiking paths, but they are certainly not strenuous in the least. They also have little guided tours a couple times a day, so that would be neat. Definitely a great place to see in contrast with the hustle and bustle of SF.

Going the other way, you could also do a day trip up to Napa. That's always fun!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1333745621|3165237 said:
Speaking of the devil, or, in the case the Bay area.. I was almost going to go on a spontaneous trip last night and come back tonight! I forgot I had an appointment I couldn't miss so I didn't go.. and now SO and his brother are up there! They're picking something up that can't be shipped, and I really wanted to tag along and get brunch in the beautiful SF! Oh well. I was totally going to go up there to Swenson's ice cream and get brunch at ChouChou. :(( Too bad they can't bring it back to me.. darn ice cream would melt.

StarSparkle - Wayfarer's Chapel being recommended to a northerner? Lol I guess! It'd be a "semi destination" wedding :razz: But it IS gorgeous and of course, well, who doesn't want to be married where Marilyn Monroe was married! I'd love to have a small ceremony there, but my exboyfriend's cousin got married there, and well, I don't want anything part of my wedding to have ANY memory of my ex in it :bigsmile: The hotel you posted is amazing! That photo is seriously breathtaking! It reminds me of those photos people take up at the top of the Sear's Tower in Chicago.. (which is another place I need to go to!) Those city lights are so :love: gorgeous!

You have to try the Cliff House. There are 3 restaurants within the restaurant, so make it very clear when you make reservations that you want the terrace room for sunday brunch. Otherwise you're spending possibly more money for less food!

*Phew that took a lot of decoding. I guess the whole color thing change doesn't work for me when I'm replying in the text box, where it's all shown in black font anyway.

Oh no, sorry you didn't get to come up here! Next time you do we'll have to try to arrange something, you sound like fun. :)

I'm going to tell BF that as soon as is feasible, we have to go to the Cliff House for brunch. This weekend is out because it's Easter and he's out of town next weekend, so maybe after that??

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333745621|3165237 said:

Aww...bummer! Too bad you couldn't go! :(

Cliff House is officially on our list. Can't wait! :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333745897|3165240 said:
the two types of food I just plain don't like are Mexican and Indian.

OMG. I HATE INDIAN FOOD. WITH A PASSION. THE SMELLS! :knockout: And guess what Pakistani people eat? Indian food. -_____-. Yes. This is why I insist that, IF FMIL is going to HAVE TO host some sort of a reception, that *I* just might as well plan my own, since I would hate to be wearing any beautiful clothing, while smelling the strong spices.
Me too. Blech, just not my thing. Something about Mexican bothers me too...the spices they use. I don't mind tacos if I can make them at home and season the beef the way I like and load them up, but the sauces/spice they use I just plain don't like and they seem to cook everything in it.

Spanish food/Mexican are similar to me, but pretty much everything else I'm at least willing to try!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333746362|3165248 said:

Haha, I'm sure you're not boring! I bet lots of people would call me boring, too, but I know I'm not.

There are a few restaurants in SF that I enjoy, including Bourbon Steak located in the Westin at Union Square and the House of Prime Rib. For the longest time I've been wanting to try Fleur de Lys, which is rumored to be beyond amazing. I think that's where BF and I will go for our anniversary in June!

Also, Alexander's Steakhouse is my absolute favorite restaurant around. I've never been to the SF location, but we have one here in San Jose that we go to once every couple of months (and we were just there for my birthday dinner this past week!). It's yummy deliciousness!

(Lol, can you tell that steak is my favorite food? ;-) )

OMG WE LOVE STEAK TOO!! I've bookmarked them all. I'll go through them with Andrew and I'm sure we'll go to at least one of them!

And considering your love of sweets, you'll for sure want to make a pit stop at Ghiradelli Square!

Absolutely!! Looking forward to that!! :lickout:

If you make it to the Monterey area, you must definitely visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It's truly one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world, and if you're lucky they might have a great white shark on exhibit while you're in town! After that you of course have to walk around historic Cannery Row. For dinner there, my favorite restaurant is Sardine Factory - make reservations and ask to sit in the Conservatory..so cool!

That sounds like something we would definitely enjoy! Thanks!! :)

Carmel has an adorable little downtown area with tons of tiny shops and art galleries, and at the end of the main downtown drag is Carmel Beach. You could spend hours just wandering around the downtown area and marvelling at all the neat stuff the shops carry.

For an outdoorsy thing, I'd recommend heading to Point Lobos. It's a state reserve with breathtaking vistas and the beauty of nature at its finest. There are hiking paths, but they are certainly not strenuous in the least. They also have little guided tours a couple times a day, so that would be neat. Definitely a great place to see in contrast with the hustle and bustle of SF.

Going the other way, you could also do a day trip up to Napa. That's always fun!

I've bookmarked all your suggestions! Thanks for taking the time to make some recommendations. I figure word of mouth by people who've been there is better than just picking and choosing as we find things.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to help, aud! Once you start making more concrete plans and have dates firmed up and such, I can give you even more specific recommendations. :naughty:

Awesome, a fellow steak lover!! Most people, and especially females, just don't understand how I can love steak so much. But OMG, the steak I had this past weekend at Alexander's? A huge, juicy, 26oz Porterhouse with a rosemary pesto sauce. TDF!! I'm usually a filet girl, but decided to mix it up with the Porterhouse. Best. decision. EVAR!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333750617|3165309 said:
Happy to help, aud! Once you start making more concrete plans and have dates firmed up and such, I can give you even more specific recommendations. :naughty:

Awesome, a fellow steak lover!! Most people, and especially females, just don't understand how I can love steak so much. But OMG, the steak I had this past weekend at Alexander's? A huge, juicy, 26oz Porterhouse with a rosemary pesto sauce. TDF!! I'm usually a filet girl, but decided to mix it up with the Porterhouse. Best. decision. EVAR!!!
Definitely! We were originally thinking next summer, but if I end up going back to school full time this August, it'll make us a little unstable for a few months until Andrew gets a full time job after graduation in December. We both agree it's worth it for me to start this year if the opportunity arises, but that means wedding won't happen until Summer of 2014, but that's okay. We also both agreed that just because it may be the summer after next, doesn't mean we have to wait to get engaged. He says he foresees it happening this year :) I've always dreamed of a Christmas time proposal and he knows this, so I've got my fingers crossed for December!

Our anniversary is in July and we're aiming for a July wedding too. The elopement packages for city hall are for weekdays, so we're thinking (tentatively of course since we're not even engaged yet!) July 30, 2014 (a Wednesday). So we'd probably fly in the day or two before and stay 3-5 days after. Aiming for about a week, I hope.

And yes, definitely love me some steak. I love a good Porterhouse, but I do tend to be a Filet lover mostly, less work to get the good stuff! Steak and potatoes were a staple for me growing up, I'll always love them. I'm not much for fish, but I love shellfish. Crab, lobster, shrimp...Mmmmmm. Surf and turf anyone? I'd love a filet with some potatoes and a yummy salad, with some king crab and something warm and chocolatey for dessert! Ahh...now I'm hungry.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1333750942|3165315 said:
And yes, definitely love me some steak. I love a good Porterhouse, but I do tend to be a Filet lover mostly, less work to get the good stuff! Steak and potatoes were a staple for me growing up, I'll always love them. I'm not much for fish, but I love shellfish. Crab, lobster, shrimp...Mmmmmm. Surf and turf anyone? I'd love a filet with some potatoes and a yummy salad, with some king crab and something warm and chocolatey for dessert! Ahh...now I'm hungry.

Ahh, yum! Don't know if you've ever been to Morton's, but they often have a fabulous surf & turf special going on - the last time we went there, I got a Filet with their Colossal Shrimp Alexander. Now, I've always been a seafood-hater and have just recently started dipping my toes back in the water (and have discovered that I still don't like fish, but can tolerate some lobster, shrimp, and crab in small quantities), and HOLY COW that shrimp was amazing! My mind was blown by how much I enjoyed it.

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333751353|3165319 said:
audball|1333750942|3165315 said:

Ahh, yum! Don't know if you've ever been to Morton's, but they often have a fabulous surf & turf special going on - the last time we went there, I got a Filet with their Colossal Shrimp Alexander. Now, I've always been a seafood-hater and have just recently started dipping my toes back in the water (and have discovered that I still don't like fish, but can tolerate some lobster, shrimp, and crab in small quantities), and HOLY COW that shrimp was amazing! My mind was blown by how much I enjoyed it.
I don't like fish either, but I LOVE shrimp and crab. Lobster is meh to me, I know so many people who love it but it doesn't hold a candle to some good shrimp or crab in my book.

Is this the Morton's you're talking about?
http://www.mortons.com/

Doesn't look like they have a location super close to me. Orlando is about an hourish away and Andrew's Mom doesn't live far from there. I'll keep that in mind!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1333751565|3165323 said:
I don't like fish either, but I LOVE shrimp and crab. Lobster is meh to me, I know so many people who love it but it doesn't hold a candle to some good shrimp or crab in my book.

Doesn't look like they have a location super close to me. Orlando is about an hourish away and Andrew's Mom doesn't live far from there. I'll keep that in mind!

That's the one! They also have a great happy hour menu. The filet mignon sandwiches? Divine! If you ever get a chance to cruise by there, do eet!

Haha, I feel like such a steak whore.

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333751825|3165325 said:
audball|1333751565|3165323 said:

That's the one! They also have a great happy hour menu. The filet mignon sandwiches? Divine! If you ever get a chance to cruise by there, do eet!

Haha, I feel like such a steak whore.
Filet mignon sandwiches!?!?! That sounds AMAZING! Oh...we'll be indulging!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1333751898|3165326 said:

Yup. They do a "Power Hour" happy hour thing from open-6:30, and then 9pm-close. I'd be lying if I said BF and I haven't been there for some late-night filet mignon sandwiches and drinks once...or twice...a month. :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333752201|3165330 said:
audball|1333751898|3165326 said:

Yup. They do a "Power Hour" happy hour thing from open-6:30, and then 9pm-close. I'd be lying if I said BF and I haven't been there for some late-night filet mignon sandwiches and drinks once...or twice...a month. :naughty:
Hehehe...sounds awesome!

I don't see them on the menu :( What all is on these delicious sounding sandwiches?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1333752295|3165332 said:
Hehehe...sounds awesome!

I don't see them on the menu :( What all is on these delicious sounding sandwiches?

Oh, they're on the happy hour menu! Something called Bar Bites, I think?

Here's the link for the Orlando location - http://www.mortons.com/orlando/bar/. You can click on it and see a picture!

Think of them as filet mignon sliders, if you will. Little sandwiches with the meat and some delicious mayo-type stuff. It's not regular mayo, it has some sort of seasoning in it.. I can't exactly tell you what it is other than deliciousness!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1333752561|3165335 said:
audball|1333752295|3165332 said:
Hehehe...sounds awesome!

Oh, they're on the happy hour menu! Something called Bar Bites, I think?

Here's the link for the Orlando location - http://www.mortons.com/orlando/bar/. You can click on it and see a picture!

Think of them as filet mignon sliders, if you will. Little sandwiches with the meat and some delicious mayo-type stuff. It's not regular mayo, it has some sort of seasoning in it.. I can't exactly tell you what it is other than deliciousness!
There they are! OMG they look DELICIOUS!!! Yum Yum Yum Yum....

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god you ladies are so funny. Describing your ideal wedding has spun off and took in a million different directions! But food of course is my favorite subject!

And guess what? I'm taking your advice on the late night happy hour and going there either tonight or next Friday. I'm hoping SO will be back in time to make it for tonight though! I've been to Morton's a few times for the preset courses, which is awesome. Oh my god. I think SO will have to pry me off that onion loaf they bring! I eat the whole thing if he doesn't share it with me! Mmm. I'm hungry, can you tell?

And just in time for your heads up on the happy hour, too! I've been searching for a "reverse" happy hour for a long time! I know that YardHouse has it, but we've gone there so many times (we met at one :!: ) that I'm absolutely sick of it.

Is it aioli that's the "mayo-y substance"? I love aioli. I love everything. I'm hungry and now I'm rushing him to drive god-speed back!

I need to stop. I'm going to drool over my keyboard.

StarSparkle, yes! If I do pull through on another random trip up to the Bay area, we shall go eat! Steak! Or somewhere! and let me know how you like Cliff House!

I'm SO glad I'm not the only foodie. I have a whole FB album dedicated to my food pornography. Ever since yelp and camera phones came into existence, my waistline has suffered dramatically! :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333757067|3165390 said:
Oh my god you ladies are so funny. Describing your ideal wedding has spun off and took in a million different directions! But food of course is my favorite subject!

And guess what? I'm taking your advice on the late night happy hour and going there either tonight or next Friday. I'm hoping SO will be back in time to make it for tonight though! I've been to Morton's a few times for the preset courses, which is awesome. Oh my god. I think SO will have to pry me off that onion loaf they bring! I eat the whole thing if he doesn't share it with me! Mmm. I'm hungry, can you tell?

And just in time for your heads up on the happy hour, too! I've been searching for a "reverse" happy hour for a long time! I know that YardHouse has it, but we've gone there so many times (we met at one :!: ) that I'm absolutely sick of it.

Is it aioli that's the "mayo-y substance"? I love aioli. I love everything. I'm hungry and now I'm rushing him to drive god-speed back!

I need to stop. I'm going to drool over my keyboard.

StarSparkle, yes! If I do pull through on another random trip up to the Bay area, we shall go eat! Steak! Or somewhere! and let me know how you like Cliff House!

I'm SO glad I'm not the only foodie. I have a whole FB album dedicated to my food pornography. Ever since yelp and camera phones came into existence, my waistline has suffered dramatically! :lol:
Well...food is one of the most expensive parts of a wedding, right? :Up_to_something:

Enjoy Morton's! I hope your SO gets off on time for you to go tonight!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
OMG YESSSS!!!!! I hope he makes it in time so you can go tonight!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1333757690|3165402 said:
Well...food is one of the most expensive parts of a wedding, right? :Up_to_something:

Nope, the bling is :naughty: Especially if you get to elope and not worry about feeding 500 mouths!

Looks like it's a no go on Morton's for tonight! There's always next week : )

Starsparkle, is that you I just added on FB?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, that was me. :)

Sad you can't go tonight, boo! But you'll have to let me know what you think of it next week.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333767149|3165500 said:
audball|1333757690|3165402 said:

Nope, the bling is :naughty: Especially if you get to elope and not worry about feeding 500 mouths!

Looks like it's a no go on Morton's for tonight! There's always next week : )

Starsparkle, is that you I just added on FB?
Haha true!

audball

Ideal_Rock
And woo hoo! All three of us are now connected on FB!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I remember reading this thread as a lurker! :halo: Thought I'd drag it back up, lots of current LIWers haven't answered!

Who? Between us our extended families (grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins) comes to about 85. I think with close friends its at about 100.

What? (theme) 'Stuff we like' ha ha. I guess it will present itself in the end when we look at everything together!

When? Spring. I have banged on about this in LIW a million times! The entire decision is based on flowers, and the fringe benefit that there is very little happening in Sep/Oct/Nov for us. Find a need and fill it, ya'know.

Where? Our home city or roundabouts. For the ceremony, a sweet little historical chapel on a nice piece of land (lots of those here). For the reception, a plain old hall with wooden floors, white walls, and big windows would be ideal!

Why? We both love to spend time with our families on holidays, birthdays, etc and we want the same feeling at our wedding. We want to have it at a hall because we want FOOD TRUCKS to cater. Wood fire pizza, Mexican and crepery trucks are the current fantasy! I'm imagining some kind of dinner/dessert token system, but I haven't thought too hard about it yet. Low-key family/close friends time is the goal - Christmas day, but better! :cheeky:

How? With an imagined six-month engagement, I'm just now starting to put my feelers out about cost. AKA yesterday. SO's parents gave a sum to his brother, so we can safely assume we will be offered the same. It probably gets us halfway toward our very modest budget idea! I will be doing LOTS of do it yourself, because I love it.

Now lets talk about how I have searched high and low for a photographer, but can't find one. My fave unfortunately lives in America.. and looks very expensive besides!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Love your ideas Chewbacca!

Andrew and I have flip flopped on plans again! We think we're back on the B&B in Tennessee!
http://www.butterflyhollow.com

We like this package:
http://butterflyhollow.com/candlelitexclusive.htm

We have a few tentative date ideas...a lot of it will depend on when we get engaged exactly and then on money. We have a few things we'd like to take care of before earmarking money for the wedding (albeit small and inexpensive compared to other options!).

I think I've decided on this for a wedding band:
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106287.html --> or something exactly like that. 2mm, pipe cut, white gold.

Andrew's not sure what he wants, but we're going to go look at wedding bands together soon so we can get an idea of widths, finishes, and sizes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results