shape
carat
color
clarity

depth/table %

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutie1515

Rough_Rock
This is prob. asking a lot, and I''m sorry.

I know what a good % for a round brilliant cut diamond should be, but i know nothing about the other diamonds

I''m wanting to know the PERFECT/IDEAL depth/table % is for...

Asscher
Cushion
Pear
Marquise
Princess and
Oval are

PLEASE!!! thanks for all of yalls time!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 5:47:09 PM
Author:cutie1515

I know what a good % for a round brilliant cut diamond should be, but i know nothing about the other diamonds

Asscher
Cushion
Pear
Marquise
Princess and
Oval are

I''ll answer MY ideal for cushion... leave the rest to those who favor them best :) But remember, this is MY ideal! and do not forget crown height!!!!!!

Broad:
45-55% table
60-75% depth
15-25% crown

Tight:
48-54% table
62-68% depth
18% or more crown

I hope diagem answers this...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Among other places see here (and the series of associated charts) and here....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 5:59:43 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Among other places see here (and the series of associated charts) and here....
awesome ira - I''d not seen that link of garry''s 70% princess before... very helpful and reinforces the need to know crown height on cushions!! If they''re going to say that it is too hard to get all of the associated crown and pavillion angles, at least give the crown height!!!

cutie1515

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Those tables are EXACTLY what I was looking for. There is just so much volume to this website that sometimes it''s hard to find what you are looking for.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
1.gif
9.gif
21.gif
10.gif
37.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 6:10:51 PM
Author: cutie1515
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Those tables are EXACTLY what I was looking for. There is just so much volume to this website that sometimes it''s hard to find what you are looking for.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
1.gif
9.gif
21.gif
10.gif
37.gif
they are helpful :) but you''ll notice there isn''t one for cushions
7.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Asscher
Cushion
Pear
Marquise
Princess and
Oval are

I am personally not a big "ideal" believer ones it comes to Fancy shaped Diamonds..., AGS thinks differently and did create a tool to market "Ideal" cut princess-cuts and I think they are trying their hardest to do the same for Emerald Cuts....

I also think there is a wide consensus that a Perfect cut/polished Diamond is non-existent!!!

Fancy Shaped Diamonds become ideal only to your own personal taste... and everyone sees Diamonds differently!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 6:15:53 PM
Author: DiaGem

Asscher
Cushion
Pear
Marquise
Princess and
Oval are

I am personally not a big ''ideal'' believer ones it comes to Fancy shaped Diamonds..., AGS thinks differently and did create a tool to market ''Ideal'' cut princess-cuts and I think they are trying their hardest to do the same for Emerald Cuts....

I also think there is a wide consensus that a Perfect cut/polished Diamond is non-existent!!!

Fancy Shaped Diamonds become ideal only to your own personal taste... and everyone sees Diamonds differently!!!
While I totally agree with everything you''ve said here, I''d guess you''d lean toward smaller tables hehehe

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/20/2007 5:55:41 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Asscher
Cushion
Pear
Marquise
Princess and
Oval are

I''ll answer MY ideal for cushion... leave the rest to those who favor them best :) But remember, this is MY ideal! and do not forget crown height!!!!!!

Broad:
45-55% table
60-75% depth15-25% crown

Tight:
48-54% table
62-68% depth
18% or more crown

I have seen some AMAZING Cushions that were around the low 50''s in depth (but with much greater crown heights than 25%)
On the other hand I have seen some amazing long shaped cushions that were in the low 80''s as far as depth is concerned...
Same with tables..., I just completed a few Cushions that had 40 - 42 % tables and are great looking stones.

When it comes to Cushion Shaped Diamonds..., Its on a stone per stone basis (everyone likes their Cushions differently...)

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/20/2007 6:29:24 PM

While I totally agree with everything you''ve said here, I''d guess you''d lean toward smaller tables hehehe
Cehra..., no doubt about that!!!! You have got it!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 6:30:37 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 2/20/2007 5:55:41 PM

This is prob. asking a lot, and I'm sorry.

I'm wanting to know the PERFECT/IDEAL depth/table % is for...

Asscher
Cushion
Pear
Marquise
Princess and
Oval are

I'll answer MY ideal for cushion... leave the rest to those who favor them best :) But remember, this is MY ideal! and do not forget crown height!!!!!!

Broad:
45-55% table
60-75% depth15-25% crown

Tight:
48-54% table
62-68% depth
18% or more crown

I have seen some AMAZING Cushions that were around the low 50's in depth (but with much greater crown heights than 25%)
On the other hand I have seen some amazing long shaped cushions that were in the low 80's as far as depth is concerned...
Same with tables..., I just completed a few Cushions that had 40 - 42 % tables and are great looking stones.

When it comes to Cushion Shaped Diamonds..., Its on a stone per stone basis (everyone likes their Cushions differently...)
yeah - that's why I said TWICE that it was MY ideal ;-) - I think the lowest I'd go in a table size would be whatever would aproximately be the size of the kite facets hehe so like 35%? I'll never find a stone like that and I'm rather partial to mine now LOL

What's the lowest crown height you'd prefer? Mine is 20% and really the only reason I broadly went to 15 is because it's harder to find the big crowns... I think the 20% is good but 18+ is what I'd shoot for the bigger the better just about lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results