shape
carat
color
clarity

Deposit for custom made ring by Sally (Heart of Water)

luxroman

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

lurker here...

My boyfriend and I are looking to have a custom-made engagement ring. We've been exchanging emails with a Sally from Heart of Water. We love her settings, and she has even offered to find the stone for us. We've been reading different threads on this website lately, as well as her Etsy reviews, and she seems to be a trustworthy seller. That said, she asks for a deposit in order for her to look for the stone, and it is hard for us to commit this way for a stone that we have yet to see and a setting whose creation process won't start right away. We hate to think of worst case scenarios but must also be prudent. Is there any advice you could give us? Would there be a way to set up this deposit with the guarantee that it would be refunded promptly if things don't work out (she has stated it would be refundable in our case but no legal guarantee of this)? Or is this seller this trustworthy and reliable enough that we can make this deposit without second thoughts?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
Lux

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worked with Sally directly, though I have bought two pre-loved pieces made by her. What I can tell you is that people here have generally been very pleased with HOW's work, as in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-about-purchasing-from-heart-of-water.207055/. I've also seen high praise for her customer relations: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-of-water-finally-has-a-happy-ending.216690/. I don't recall any posters talking about issues with her, but...

You might want to pose your question over in the colored stones forum. It's a more active forum, and I suspect some of the regulars there will have had first-hand experience working with HOW.

luxroman

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot your answer :) I hope things work out, her work seems truly wonderful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results