shape
carat
color
clarity

Demantoid with eye visable horsetail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
is this a desirable trait in a stone? I was looking at a demantoid with an eye visable horse tail. The whole stone was filled with swirls and wisps and it was an olive yellow/green color. It was still a transparent stone, just had a bunch of whispy thread inclusions in it. I didnt ask the size, but it was about 1.5-2ct I am guessing as it was large.
As a matter of fact, didnt ask the price either....but it cought my eye and really looked neat and unique.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is not distracting. I've seen some where it's too obvious and the price was very low. From your description, it sounds like it might be a bit too obvious.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto Chrono.

If it''s overwhelming it won''t be good.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer demantoids where the horsetail is only visible under 10X magnification or higher magnification. Some dealers will try to pass off cloudy or distracting inclusions in order to sell inferior clarity material since everyone things the horsetails are desirable, but not too many!!

If the stone is too olive, that's not desirable either.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okies. Its the same place I got the watermelon tourm. for 10$. Just thought id ask you all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results