shape
carat
color
clarity

?Definition of Padparadscha?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

empress

Shiny_Rock
Based upon Chrono''s first questions - according to the GIA system - the least saturation is "(1) grayish/brownish;" and then (2) "slightly grayish (brownish)"; (3)"very slightly grayish (brownish)"; to (4) " moderately strong."

These seem to be - by their definition - brownish in saturation. Yet they say that is cannot have any color modifier but pink and orange...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2010 8:22:43 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/15/2010 5:52:44 PM
Author: zeolite

Other than the monetary aspect of pricing gems to sell, this whole concept of categories and definitions is ridiculous. If it is beautiful, and that one is, who cares about fitting square pegs into round holes?

Yes, I completely 100% agree!!
I, too, agree with this wholeheartedly. Don''t buy the paper or name but what your eye desires.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2010 11:23:46 PM
Author: empress
Based upon Chrono''s first questions - according to the GIA system - the least saturation is ''(1) grayish/brownish;'' and then (2) ''slightly grayish (brownish)''; (3)''very slightly grayish (brownish)''; to (4) '' moderately strong.''

These seem to be - by their definition - brownish in saturation. Yet they say that is cannot have any color modifier but pink and orange...
Empress,
I share the same confusion about how a low saturated stone will not show any brown tint based on the GIA explanation/definition of saturation levels.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results