shape
carat
color
clarity

Define correct ring fit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our fingers swell and shrink with temperature and other factors.

I'm getting a ring made
When is a ring the correct size?

Should it be just a little hard to remove when our finger is large?
Should it be just short of falling off when our finger is small?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll add that the last ring I had made (a Gelin Abaci platinum tension setting) came back not fitting on that finger so I have to wear it on the other hand.

I don't want that to happen again.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kenny, not to mention the 5-10 pounds that we gain and lose at the holidays!

In addition to knuckle size, I think you have to take into account the width of the band and how the ring is constructed. Wider/thicker rings can fit more snugly than a similar ring that is narrower/thinner. Also, what is going on inside the band - is it solid/flush against your finger, or is it concaved a little (like on dome rings). If it''s concaved, there''s is often more room for your finger tissue and you might want to go down 1/4 or 1/2. That''s just my experience.

I recently had a ring custom made. I have learned that if you make the band a little wider at the back of the ring, it helps to keep the head from flopping around. Does that make sense?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I think the shape of your fingers really impacts this. My fingers distinctly narrow after my knuckle, but some people have straighter fingers. It also depends on how much you take it off. I only take mine off once a day to clean it while I shower. (It does also come off for heavy-labor gardening, painting, etc..)

For me the right fit is something that won''t fall off no matter how cold it is, that I may have to put windex on to get it off during mid-summer, yet never cuts off circulation. It does rotate a bit in the winter, but I can live with that. My e-ring is a 7, but depending on width I might get my w-band in a 6 1/2 or 6 3/4''s.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results