shape
carat
color
clarity

Decoy Gift

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
March 2... so its not THAT far away. I have been planning to do it then for over a year and I would hate to change my plans just because I bought the rock a few months early. Besides I think at the beach in the Dominican is WAY better than just for an x-mas gift. Plus its looking like she''ll get a pendant as a bonus (she thinks we''re sticking to a $50 limit) ha ha... i''m so cruel!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I give you kudos for having the patience to wait! My DH couldn''t keep his mouth shut when he bought the ring and ended up telling me exactly what it looked like in less than five minutes... and he thought it would be a surprise, silly. But waiting four months... now that is patience! And good for you getting her another piece of jewelry beforehand.

*M*

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
well i haven''t even waited yet...talk to me in a month. I don''t even have the ring so its not that hard. It helps having pricescope so I can talk about it CONSTANTLY. lol. I am so addicted. Give White Flash the kudos for making my dream ring so affordable that I could get her something to tide me over until then. I think I might get a .25 bezel set pendant... but the jury is still out

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, bezel set pendants are lovely! My friend has one and they are so delicate but substantial at the same time! I vote for that... definitely. And we''ll see how good your resolve is once you DO see the ring, haha.

*M*

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I bet the wait will drive you crazy. I am starting a betting pool that you don''t make it to March!
9.gif

I do really like Tacori''s idea about the blue stone - I think it would be neat if she could wear the ''something blue'' on her wedding day. I do understand though feeling a need to get a diamond given your cover story.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2006 8:44:51 PM
Author: the other Jake
well i haven''t even waited yet...talk to me in a month. I don''t even have the ring so its not that hard. It helps having pricescope so I can talk about it CONSTANTLY. lol. I am so addicted. Give White Flash the kudos for making my dream ring so affordable that I could get her something to tide me over until then. I think I might get a .25 bezel set pendant... but the jury is still out
Lol! All I can tell you from reading the Ladies in Waiting threads is that most girls in love long to be engaged and to have that symbol on their finger! A romantic proposal is lovely..but it doesn''t have to be on a beach, I promise! Maybe your GF isn''t expecting a proposal, and that''s fine. But if she is, she may go through some real disappointment if Christmas, New Year''s, and Valentine''s Day pass with no proposal. Guys think differently and don''t always understand this. It is something most girls dream of their whole life.

No pressure or anything...really.
2.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Or you could *change* your story and say that you found such and such pendant with this gorgeous blue stone and decided to wait on the diamond for the engagement ring... Giving her something blue on Christmas is a lovely idea!

*M*

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Well she also thinks I''m completely broke (i''ve been saving like crazy)... trust me she doesn''t think I am proposing. I probably don''t need the cover story, but I just wanna kill any suspicion. And to keep myself away from the ring I''m gonna lock it in a safety deposit box-- which reminds me I still have to get that--- but i''ll prob have to visit it weekly.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
The pendant on the blue nile is pretty nice plus it''ll save about $200-300. That might come in handy-- I probably shouldn''t short change my parents, brother, and two sisters on their christmas presents just to pull this off.

PS: I didn''t even know that "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue ..." One of my friends that is a girl just told me that. It all makes sense now... Do all girls know that? What does it mean really?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what it means, but it''s supposed to be for good luck. Plus it rhymes, so I guess that makes it even better, lol. There is another pendant on their for 125 also, and it''s only a little smaller, so you might want to check that out, too.

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh... good catch! I''m sorry, I thought it cost less... my bad.

*M*

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
You were right, that was just a different pendant... there was one for 125, but that one is only 235 and it meets the diamond requirement. So now it comes down to a vote. 400-550 for a .25 ct diamond bezel pendant from whiteflash or the the pendant linked above?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the topaz like I said before, but I can give you practical reasons:

1: sentimental gift for "something blue"
2. very lovely
3. out of the ordinary
4. reasonably priced so you can actually buy family members a pair of socks or something with the left over money.

*M*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay this isn''t a serious suggestion, just a funny one.... a duck. a duck pendant with a diamond eye. Later when you got engaged you could explain it was the "decoy" lol in the meantime you could call it a christmas goose LOL

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 9:48:40 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
okay this isn''t a serious suggestion, just a funny one.... a duck. a duck pendant with a diamond eye. Later when you got engaged you could explain it was the ''decoy'' lol in the meantime you could call it a christmas goose LOL
LOL! That is a very unique idea, haha.

*M*

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 9:44:27 PM
You were right, that was just a different pendant... there was one for 125, but that one is only 235 and it meets the diamond requirement. So now it comes down to a vote. 400-550 for a .25 ct diamond bezel pendant from whiteflash or the the pendant linked above?
I vote for the diamond bezel...but I''m totally biased. Then again, I don''t really know your girlfriend. I personally am NOT a blue topaz type of girl --- deep deep blue sapphires are a different story! What is she more likely going to appreciate and wear? If you spend $125 and she won''t ever wear it, then its not really worth it to save that money...

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Lol i really hadn''t thought about that. She would definately wear the diamond bezel... the topaz not so much. Everything she owns is diamonds or pearls. Minus the pink saphire heart I got her, her jewelry has no color really and I think its probably by design. I don''t care if she wears it or not as much though. I mean if she only wore it on her wedding day that would be fine by me. But then again I wouldn''t want to force her into feeling like she had to wear something she didn''t like (ESPECIALLY on her wedding day!) just because I got it. Then again she might love it although I could see her thinking that it might be tacky... You just severely complicated my dilemma!

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
where are some blue sapphires... why is everything topaz!!?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I concur (on the "chill" that is)...you mention she only has diamonds and pearls. How about this? It''s only $100 (they also have larger sizes and 18K if you want to spend a little more).
http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=6571&nav1=necklace_channel.asp

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I love the pearl idea, and that is such a classic wedding necklace kind of thing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 10:03:35 PM
where are some blue sapphires... why is everything topaz!!?

I DID post some blue sapphire ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results