shape
carat
color
clarity

debeers store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m3m3m3

Rough_Rock
I was in Beverly Hills and saw there is a DeBeer''s store. Does anyone have experience buying a diamond at DeBeers? It seems they are cheaper than HW or Tiffany..

Also is their Ilanga cut similar to a "cushion" cut?

Lastly, any comments on getting a HW cushion vs. a DeBeers? Thanks!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m3m3m3

Hello welcome to Pricescope
35.gif
. I think there are no replies because we don't hear of people here buying very often from HW or DeBeers, there are a few who have Tiffany rings.

However I think there was someone who bought the HW Cushion and posted pictures I will see if I can find the link.

Edit: I found the link but all the pictures had gone. However if you do a search under Harry Winston ring using the search button above there are a lot of posts mentioning Harry Winston.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m3m3m3

Sorry read my post again and could no longer edit but it is not HW you are looking for. Try doing a search on DeBeers maybe.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi m3m3m3,

Unless you're dying for the DeBeers name (or HW or Tiffany) you can get a much much better deal and often a better diamond from some of our pricescope vendors.

If you're looking for a cushion, Mark Turnowski at Engagement Rings Direct is fantastic. He is known around here as the "cushion king" and most cushions on PS are from Mark. The one in my avatar is on it's way from Mark right now for me. He is fantastic to work with and if you just tell him what you want in a diamond and your budget, he'll find it for you. He also has made incredible HW inspired rings for people here. They are just fantastic.

If you're dying for the name of Cartier or Tiffany's try Signed Pieces. They sell consigned jewelry and you can get fantastic deals on Cartier, Tiffany, etc. from them.

Best of luck!

ETA: Here is the link to signed pieces: LINK

and here is one of the threads with a bunch of rings made by Mark T: Link

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi m3cubed and welcome to PS!
35.gif

Looks like Pyramid and neatfreak gave you some excellent info.

I shopped at the DeBeers store in NYC when I first started looking at e-rings. I found their pricing to be comparable to Graff. I originally thought that because DeBeers is at the top of the food chain in terms of rough supply, that they would be able to offer diamonds at a great price. Instead, they seem to have entered the market with prices comparable to the high-end retailers.

One thing that I give them a lot of credit for is their setting designs. They don't market their setting designs too much, which surprises me because I think they are really unique. My e-ring is an interpretation of the DeBeers Signature Ring and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results