shape
carat
color
clarity

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great conversations, enjoy reading and understanding the minds of people who find this subject so debatable.

I would like to add for perspective purposes..., presently, LGD's are estimated at an annual market share between 3-6% from overall natural production.

We are still just scratching the market surface..., I estimate that by the time LGD's reach a more significant share, we wont be talking RB's & diamond qualities etc..., I believe they will be a completely different product and value proposition.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Great conversations, enjoy reading and understanding the minds of people who find this subject so debatable.

I would like to add for perspective purposes..., presently, LGD's are estimated at an annual market share between 3-6% from overall natural production.

We are still just scratching the market surface..., I estimate that by the time LGD's reach a more significant share, we wont be talking RB's & diamond qualities etc..., I believe they will be a completely different product and value proposition.

Thanks for the stats — they add perspective. One day I would like to get an interesting-cut diamond from you and lab grown rough will make that goal more affordable. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just laying this here...,

That doesn’t appeal at all. I miss the old music. I don’t think my millennial kids would find it appealing either. Doesn’t want to make you buy a diamond like the old commercial.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Updated thoughts?

Based on perception but not statistics… EGD prices up, LGD prices down (except for the LGD vendor I want to buy from LOL).

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Lightbox now selling “basics” line for $600/carat. Meanwhile EGD prices are going up and there’s inflation, too.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lightbox now selling “basics” line for $600/carat. Meanwhile EGD prices are going up and there’s inflation, too.

Rising energy costs as a result of Putins war in Ukraine will likely raise the prices of most manufacturers. But Lightbox is almost entirely renewable powered.
I assume that LB, Element 6 and De Beers have gotten better and better at growing faster and thicker slabs. They have probably managed to bring the cost of polishing down too as that will become the largest cost factor in LGD as we move forward.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@johnpollard our mutual friend Suzy has purchased a 2 ct LB diamond just before they went “best” and got an F color, vs1 gorgeous cut To put in a solitaire for $1440. Can’t be beat! She says Kev is mostly selling labs these days but 2 cts are $8000.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results