shape
carat
color
clarity

Debate the DEBATES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 8:41:48 AM
Author: AGBF

* Oh, what the heck.

lol.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 1:18:55 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 9/27/2008 12:36:32 AM

Author: thing2of2

Date: 9/27/2008 12:20:26 AM

Author: miraclesrule

Date: 9/27/2008 12:16:33 AM

Party was interesting.

Cupcakes were a hit, got hit on by a new student, and got to watch the debate. And by *watch* I mean *sleep through*.

Now I''m going to go back and read the last 16 pages that occurred while I was gone...
19 pages....

Don''t wear your heels....wear your Crocs!!
3.gif

If anyone wears Crocs to the next debate thread I''m BOYCOTTING! Just say no, kids. Just say no.

Sorry Thing, I own 3 pairs...Do all of my fabulous heels cancel them out?

And 16--because I was here when page 3 started.

I just finished reading through to page 19...wow, you guys must have taken a lot of shots!

How could you do that to me Freke?!!! I thought we loved shoes!!!! Not plastic slippers with holes in them!!! And now I find out you''re wearing CROCS?!!!! I better go look at all your heels in the shoe thread so I can try to forget about this conversation!
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I was expecting interesting reading, but 21 pages?!??!

Goodness ladies!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 9:58:36 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Goodness ladies!!
Good MORNING, Elle!!!!! Are we hung over this morning?!?!
9.gif
25.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And 21 pages of us NOT verbally beating the crap out of one another!! Who knew??
1.gif

I love you guys....(sniff)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah well, you haven''t been out to Drudge yet have you?
20.gif
The readers of Drudge vote 68 to 30% McCain as the winner. Odd, since most outlets I''ve read call it a draw or slightly Obama leaning. I think I read one (other than Drudge) that had a headline of McCain winning.

''Course the Drudge Report is hardly a real journalism outlet. He''s not a journalist, he''s a "collector". Influential and heavily read, but a collector nonetheless.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 11:48:20 AM
Author: ksinger
And 21 pages of us NOT verbally beating the crap out of one another!! Who knew??
1.gif

I KNOW, Karen, wasn''t it great?!?! I''m so proud of everyone!!!
face16.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Drudge called it for McCain? Shocking!
2.gif

From FiveThirtyEight (on CNN poll):

"Specifically, by a 62-32 margin, voters thought that Obama was “more in touch with the needs and problems of people like you”. This is a gap that has no doubt grown because of the financial crisis of recent days. But it also grew because Obama was actually speaking to middle class voters. Per the transcript, McCain never once mentioned the phrase “middle class” (Obama did so three times)."

"Meanwhile, voters thought that Obama “seemed to be the stronger leader” by a 49-43 margin, reversing a traditional area of McCain strength. And voters thought that the candidates were equally likely to be able to handle the job of president if elected."

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 12:00:47 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 9/27/2008 11:48:20 AM
Author: ksinger
1.gif

I KNOW, Karen, wasn''t it great?!?! I''m so proud of everyone!!!
face16.gif
Maybe it was cathartic to be able to watch THEM beat up on each other so we don''t have to? Yeah!!! Beat the snot out of ''im Obama!! Wow!! Great uppercut McCain..that''s gonna leave a mark!

....of course all the alcohol helped too, no doubt.
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''ve decided to give up on polls.

Ksinger makes a good point about drudge.
I guess you really have to take into consideration where different types of people are going to cast their vote. Is a far-left liberal going to cast their vote at Fox News or Drudge? No. Just like I''m not going to go to a liberally biased media source to cast mine. People go where they normally go to get news, I suppose.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 12:10:47 PM
Author: EBree
Drudge called it for McCain? Shocking!
2.gif

From FiveThirtyEight (on CNN poll):

''Specifically, by a 62-32 margin, voters thought that Obama was “more in touch with the needs and problems of people like you”. This is a gap that has no doubt grown because of the financial crisis of recent days. But it also grew because Obama was actually speaking to middle class voters. Per the transcript, McCain never once mentioned the phrase “middle class” (Obama did so three times).''

''Meanwhile, voters thought that Obama “seemed to be the stronger leader” by a 49-43 margin, reversing a traditional area of McCain strength. And voters thought that the candidates were equally likely to be able to handle the job of president if elected.''
23.gif

I am seriously starting to wonder if McCain even WANTS to win this election!
20.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My viewpoint is that is most are calling the debates even - no clear cut winner. However, since the topic of the evening was the economy and foreign policy, McCain''s shiny cap feather, it was McCain''s debate to lose. But with Obama holding his own, showing a firm understanding of the issues, and delivered to the people bulletpoint leadership strategies, or was it tactics, the ''even'' call is a win for Obama.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 11:26:14 AM
Date: 9/27/2008 9:58:36 AM

Author: elledizzy5

Goodness ladies!!
Good MORNING, Elle!!!!! Are we hung over this morning?!?!
9.gif
25.gif

Hah! I''m doing OK. We were really planning on doing the drinking games, but after about 2 minutes in, and no one answered the first question, we busted out into argument, and didn''t stop. When the first couple words from Obama were "main street" we just started slamming beers. It was loud arguing since from then on. It was 2 Obama supporters, 1 McCain, 1 non interested, and 2 undecided.

It was an interesting night.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well ... even if it was a draw (which I don''t think it was .. go OBAMA!) the Dems won the AFTER-PARTY! Biden was EVERYWHERE. Palin was NOWHERE.

Maybe she''s in a Halliburton shipping container somewhere until the election''s over??

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 1:51:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
Well ... even if it was a draw (which I don''t think it was .. go OBAMA!) the Dems won the AFTER-PARTY! Biden was EVERYWHERE. Palin was NOWHERE.

Maybe she''s in a Halliburton shipping container somewhere until the election''s over??

Jeez. Can you imagine how much THAT is costing taxpayers?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 10:56:43 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 9/26/2008 10:54:59 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 10:54:01 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 10:51:56 PM
I am really worried about the V.P. debate. I just think that Biden will look like a brut compared to Palin. She is going to be fragile.

I seriously doubt it will even take place. I hope the party machinery just lets her be herself, because I am afraid that she is losing confidence as a result of them shielding her and trying to mold her. Just let her be.

(But honestly, I do think that she is going to faceplant)
Miracles, I will admit, I will be extremely surprised if she holds her own, much less wins the debate.
Yeah, I think she''s going to dive-bomb. It''s probably gonna be like a train wreck . . . we won''t want to look, but we won''t be able to look away!
40.gif
Bets on what color she will be wearing? There will be some shade of red, I think.
3.gif
I''m watching her in the Alaska Governor''s debate from 2006 and she is wearing a red suit.
2.gif
I predict she will do the same for her V.P. debate.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 12:13:14 PM
Author: luckystar112
I''ve decided to give up on polls.

Ksinger makes a good point about drudge.
I guess you really have to take into consideration where different types of people are going to cast their vote. Is a far-left liberal going to cast their vote at Fox News or Drudge? No. Just like I''m not going to go to a liberally biased media source to cast mine. People go where they normally go to get news, I suppose.
Yeah, good point. My very liberal friends called it a tie, so that means to me that McCain had the edge. I thought McCain''s jabs at Obama were genius and very carefully planned and got the reaction he wanted. I actually don''t think it was McCain''s debate to lose; everyone always talks about how great of a speaker Obama is and he is a LAWYER so you''d think he''d be amazing in the adversarial environment of a debate. The fact that he didn''t make McCain look like a fool actually surprised me. Most lawyers I know can do that to anyone.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 6:21:54 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 10:56:43 PM

Bets on what color she will be wearing? There will be some shade of red, I think.
3.gif
I'm watching her in the Alaska Governor's debate from 2006 and she is wearing a red suit.
2.gif
I predict she will do the same for her V.P. debate.
Yeah, red is the classic "power tie" color for political men, so she will probably be in red. Wasn't Cindy wearing red last night? I thought she looked really pretty. Michelle...ehhh...I wish she would wear more tailored suits without the patterns. (Obviously has NOTHING to do with anything, just an opinion!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 9:27:20 AM
Date: 9/27/2008 1:18:55 AM
Date: 9/27/2008 12:36:32 AM
Date: 9/27/2008 12:20:26 AM
Don''t wear your heels....wear your Crocs!!
3.gif
If anyone wears Crocs to the next debate thread I''m BOYCOTTING! Just say no, kids. Just say no.
Sorry Thing, I own 3 pairs...Do all of my fabulous heels cancel them out?

And 16--because I was here when page 3 started.

I just finished reading through to page 19...wow, you guys must have taken a lot of shots!
How could you do that to me Freke?!!! I thought we loved shoes!!!! Not plastic slippers with holes in them!!! And now I find out you''re wearing CROCS?!!!! I better go look at all your heels in the shoe thread so I can try to forget about this conversation!
3.gif
Thing2...go look around the bottom of page 9 of my thread in Who''s Who...there is a pair of *Crocs* that will hopefully completely cancel out my plastic Crocs. I''d post them here except that''s weird in a political thread (although they are *power* red...maybe I should send the McCain campaign an email with the link to them and suggest them for Palin to wear on Thursday...)

(And I originally got the Crocs when I was working in the shoe store. I can''t tell you how many more pairs I''d sell when I was wearing them. I know, I know, it''s still sacrilege. I''m going to go hang my head in shame.)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I thought that McCain was trying to emulate Reagan's "There You Go Again" in his debate with Jimmy Carter in 1980. Unfortunately, it did not have the humor or impact of Reagan. It was clear [to me] that Obama did understand the issues and spoke to them as well as McCain did. I am not an Obama fan, BTW. I thought he was strident, on occasion, and had the opportunity to call McCain out more decisively. I think it was his decision not to do so. McCain seemed very rigid in his answers and appearance. The very thought of taking on Iran is frightening to me. When will this country learn that you involve yourself in the affairs of the middle east at your peril. I agree with Obama that our focus should have been on Afghanistan and Al Quaeda and not finding an excuse to attack Iraq.

In this spirit of this thread, instead of Crocs, try Naots. Very comfy and better looking, but not for watering the garden
6.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Shoot.
My youtube posts never work!
Look up Phone Atone
Hysterical!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 2:08:23 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Shoot.
My youtube posts never work!
Look up Phone Atone
Hysterical!
Thank you for that! Hilarious.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Phone Atone is ROFL
9.gif
Thanks for the link. You should post a warning to cover your keyboard with plastic wrap due to excessive nostril spewing
3.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 2:43:17 PM
Author: risingsun
Phone Atone is ROFL
9.gif
Thanks for the link. You should post a warning to cover your keyboard with plastic wrap due to excessive nostril spewing
3.gif

Sorry I forgot the warning LOL!
I have sent this to everyone I know, and watched it 10 times!
The beauty of it is it''s totally bipartisan!
9.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 2:43:17 PM
Author: risingsun
Phone Atone is ROFL
9.gif
3.gif

LOL!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is everybody getting excited for the VP debate on Thursday night???
36.gif

Do you guys think we should continue this thread, or start a new one for the VP debate?
33.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 9:32:16 PM
So is everybody getting excited for the VP debate on Thursday night???
36.gif

Do you guys think we should continue this thread, or start a new one for the VP debate?
33.gif

I think the VP debate is definitely worthy of a new thread.
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
It''s like getting together to watch a sitcom!
3.gif

Can we make a drinking game out of it? Whenever either or them say something dumb, we drink.
We should probably just do sips though, or else the party will be over before it started. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results