shape
carat
color
clarity

Debate the Debate (October 7)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I prefer "My Fellow Americans"
16.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Doh, I had a stress filled day at work and fell asleep watching the pre-debate stuff. Now I''m watching the rerun on C-Span.

I''m surprised no one has commented on the fact that Mac can''t walk and talk without getting short of breath
33.gif

I know he''s older, but he''s huffing and puffing like he got off the stairmaster
2.gif

Halfway through I can see why you say this debate sucks. Boring.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Rumor has it that McCain has terminal skin cancer with a life expectancy of 2-4 years. You won't hear anyone talking about it though.
I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it is true. The more I hear about the large spot on his head that he has to cover up, the more suspicious I become that the rumor is true. But hey, we could die in a traffic accident on any given day, so it doesn't really factor into my decision making.

I've always found it fascinating that Tom Brokaw's upper lip never moves when he speaks. I don't think I have even seen his upper teeth. I know that's random, but I find myself drawn to his mouth just to see if I can sneak a peek of his upper teeth.
41.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
polling post-debate
link

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
I love that someone did this, but they probably have too much time on their hands. It's very funny...here's the list of the number of times each "buzz" word or phrase was uttered mentioned during the debate:

"MIDDLE CLASS"
Obama: 4
McCain: 0

"MY FRIENDS"
Obama: 0
McCain: 19

"AFGHANISTAN"
Obama: 7
McCain: 2

"DEFICIT"
Obama: 2

"HOMEOWNER"
Obama: 3

"HEALTH CARE"
Obama: 18
McCain: 6

"CHANGE"
Obama: 13
McCain: 4

"ENERGY"
Obama: 20

"TERROR/IST/ISM"
Obama: 6

"IRAN"
Obama: 10

"PAKISTAN"
Obama: 11
McCain: 8

"BIN LADEN"
McCain: 1

"9/11"

"TROOPS"

"DEBT"
Obama: 5

"TRUST"
McCain 3

"FUNDAMENTAL"
Obama: 9

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I''m so sad I missed this thread (again!). I neglected to realize that since we don''t have a TV, we would be watching the live stream of the debate on this computer, so typing on PS would be a bit difficult.

Glad all you ladies had fun!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 12:32:41 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Rumor has it that McCain has terminal skin cancer with a life expectancy of 2-4 years. You won''t hear anyone talking about it though.
I hope it''s not true, but I wouldn''t be surprised to find out that it is true. The more I hear about the large spot on his head that he has to cover up, the more suspicious I become that the rumor is true. But hey, we could die in a traffic accident on any given day, so it doesn''t really factor into my decision making.

I''ve always found it fascinating that Tom Brokaw''s upper lip never moves when he speaks. I don''t think I have even seen his upper teeth. I know that''s random, but I find myself drawn to his mouth just to see if I can sneak a peek of his upper teeth.
41.gif
That''s just creepy. I had a dream last night his cancer came back full force and he was dying. I woke up and read this!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 12:32:41 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Rumor has it that McCain has terminal skin cancer with a life expectancy of 2-4 years. You won''t hear anyone talking about it though.
I hope it''s not true, but I wouldn''t be surprised to find out that it is true. The more I hear about the large spot on his head that he has to cover up, the more suspicious I become that the rumor is true. But hey, we could die in a traffic accident on any given day, so it doesn''t really factor into my decision making.
Ah... sorry, the chances of this being true are slim to none. If he has skin cancer that was terminal (melanoma), there is absolutely no way that anyone could predict whether he was going to make it 2 years or 4! People make up the most ridiculous medical rumors (not to imply that you are the person coming up with this, miracles). Melanoma is extremely aggressive and he would be undergoing intensive therapy that certainly would not leave him in any shape to campaign. And if they KNEW he had terminal melanoma, it is unlikely they would be counting his life expectancy in years.

Spot on his head? There are many benign skin lesions that people acquire with age, especially in the areas of frequent sun exposure. Given all of the talk regarding his age, I would be covering them up too if I were him. Silliness.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 10:43:11 AM
Author: goobear78
I love that someone did this, but they probably have too much time on their hands. It''s very funny...here''s the list of the number of times each ''buzz'' word or phrase was uttered mentioned during the debate:

''MIDDLE CLASS''

''MY FRIENDS''

''AFGHANISTAN''

''DEFICIT''

''HOMEOWNER''

''HEALTH CARE''

''CHANGE''

''ENERGY''

''TERROR/IST/ISM''

''IRAN''

''PAKISTAN''

''BIN LADEN''

''9/11''

''TROOPS''

''DEBT''

''TRUST''
McCain 3

''FUNDAMENTAL''
Haha. McCain was only on top on the Friends thing.

Too funny.

So he''s repetitive, but only on one "key" term.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2008 8:14:14 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

Date: 10/8/2008 10:43:11 AM
Author: goobear78
I love that someone did this, but they probably have too much time on their hands. It''s very funny...here''s the list of the number of times each ''buzz'' word or phrase was uttered mentioned during the debate:

''MIDDLE CLASS''

''MY FRIENDS''

''AFGHANISTAN''

''DEFICIT''

''HOMEOWNER''

''HEALTH CARE''

''CHANGE''

''ENERGY''

''TERROR/IST/ISM''

''IRAN''

''PAKISTAN''

''BIN LADEN''

''9/11''

''TROOPS''

''DEBT''

''TRUST''
McCain 3

''FUNDAMENTAL''
Haha. McCain was only on top on the Friends thing.

Too funny.

So he''s repetitive, but only on one ''key'' term.
LOL! Fisher, I noticed that too. At least he''s consistent!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results