Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

DEAD over oval ering, band recs please!

Aurora26

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! I love the classic design with the delicate prongs. The proportions of the stone, shank, and prongs are so attractive to look at.

I think a platinum / white gold channel set band would look great with your e-ring.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lucky gal! I love a large oval!! It depends on the ring under the oval. Would a band sit flush? Or would you need to get a curved band. I think your oval has enough presence such that it would be a stand alone ring :)

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
It made me smile to know someone is so happy right now. :)

I'd get a thin band, either plan or with tiny diamonds.

And also ring guard to make it even showier than it already is when desired, too. One that swoops up beyond the long sides of the center diamond and that has more diamonds of its own.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I would get a plain band the same profile as the band and a diamond eternity ring for first anniversary (again same width & height) I love a plain wedding band, when I was married I never took mine off.

Congratulations! Classic beautiful ring. Enjoy!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I cannot believe how thrilled I am with a surprise engagement ring! Would love band ideas!!

2.36 ct, F, VS2, size 4.5 and I am DEAD 1B5CD573-A100-41F1-A78A-C86A02153EBA.png 85C361DD-7692-467F-B7F6-1910A70CE36D.jpeg

Congrats! Can we see the profile of the ring to see if a band would sit flush or not?

AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! I would get either a pave wedding band the same width as the ring shank in the same metal as the ring, or a plain wedding band in a different gold colour for a pop of colour. I adore the combo of WG ring and YG band!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get a plain band the same profile as the band and a diamond eternity ring for first anniversary (again same width & height) I love a plain wedding band, when I was married I never took mine off.

Congratulations! Classic beautiful ring. Enjoy!

Me too! My ER set very traditional with oval flanked by tapered baguettes and a plain band. The anniversary ring...10 year, has the bling but frankly do not like to wear with ER. I love the option to wear a plain band or diamonds If the mood occasion suits. I am not a stacker person although it looks great on others.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful, congrats to you! How exciting to have a surprise engagement. I've been engaged 3 times and never surprised. I feel I've missed out!!

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, you really could go any way and any color gold/stones you like. What style esthetic do you lean toward?
Start a collection for rotation!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations 21/22
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations 21/22
    Top Luxury Classic Pieces
    Top Luxury Classic Pieces
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.