shape
carat
color
clarity

DC Area/Delaware Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hinkdog

Rough_Rock
I''m looking around for a diamond, but i''m really confused by all of the information out there regarding "where" to buy. I''ve been to all of the mall type stores but am very unimpressed with quality and price. i also thought i''d check out mervis although i''ve heard mixed things about them as well. i recently discovered a couple of places that piqued my interest: IGS in Vienna and Robbin''s in Delaware. Any thoughts on these two places? As with everyone else, I just want the best quality for the best price, and my biggest fear is getting ripped off.

Any thoughts/ideas on these places or suggestions for any others?

thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many people have been happy with Quest in VA. I know of Mervis too. I''m sure others will chime in and help. I went to Robbins in DE and was not impressed, but that''s just me.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The only one of those that I have been to is Robbins Delaware diamonds. I thought the staff was very knowledgeable and they have equipment for you to look at loose diamonds at higher magnification. If you are in the market for an H&A round, though, this would not be the place to go. They told us that they were no longer acquiring diamonds said to have true hearts and arrows pattern.

If you have the time to check out several places, then I would recommend stopping there. I thought it was an excellent place for new buyers to comfortably ask lots of questions and see lots of diamonds.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I have been to Robbins (in Delaware)...and they are helpful...they have a large selection of settings...and as far as I know they will let you supply your own stone if you find a setting there you like...I got my wedding ring there (not my e-ring though)...and I got the diamonds for it from GOG...

diane

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
I don''t personally know them, but from what I''ve heard locally, IGS in Vienna has a good reputation for providing good value to their customers.
Bill Scherlag

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a custom setting done by quest jewelers their custom work is top notch and I give them and A+ for quality and customer service. Their stone selection is somewhat limited. I would recommend purchasing your stone online and having them make a setting. if you do a search on quest jewelers or quest manufacting a bunch of threads will pop up. you can see pics of my ring here

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know that I''d recommend them or not, but Charleston Alexander is referred to here at times, they have a stock you can review on-line, and I understand they also have apparatus (both sarin & Ogi) for measuring their GIA certed Stock, so they provide a promising option. Also, they seem to be expanding, adding a store soon in the area, and having added ours on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results